Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2018  (Read 71994 times)

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2018
« Reply #270 on: Jan 29, 2018, 05:37 PM »
Nice Mowbizz. 23” Laker is a good one out of Newfound.
Keep me posted on your Argo and what you find it about the chain.

Unfortunately I know one of the guys in the minivan. Obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed. They spend more time driving around than actually fishing which speaks volumes about why they are really out there (not to fish).
Can’t fix stupid they say.

I hear ya on the “stupid” 😖
I’m going to go over the Argo tomorrow...I’ll keep you posted.
Here’s that nice laker...

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #271 on: Jan 29, 2018, 07:54 PM »
Nice laker...👍🏻
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline ScotNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #272 on: Jan 29, 2018, 09:09 PM »
Great fish, mowbizz.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #273 on: Jan 29, 2018, 09:13 PM »
Nice laker...👍🏻

Thanks guys! It was good to feel a little weight on that jig stick.

Offline nhpikeking

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #274 on: Jan 30, 2018, 03:54 AM »
Fished the south end of the lake Saturday only got to drill one set of holes since my buddies ion died but despite that still caught a laker and missed about 5 jigging

catch pike like its my job

Offline nhpikeking

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #275 on: Jan 30, 2018, 04:00 AM »
Forgot to add saw clouds of smelt on the flasher and even foul hooked one on my pk flutterfish

catch pike like its my job

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #276 on: Jan 30, 2018, 04:14 AM »
Thanks guys! It was good to feel a little weight on that jig stick.

Nice Laker Mowbizz. Laker Taker said the same thing about feeling the weight, he yanked up a 28” this past Saturday. He caught 11 Lakers on Sunday as well.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #277 on: Jan 30, 2018, 06:26 AM »
Nice Laker Mowbizz. Laker Taker said the same thing about feeling the weight, he yanked up a 28” this past Saturday. He caught 11 Lakers on Sunday as well.

Thanks!
We saw 11 lakers down there! 😀

Offline Roughtimes1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #278 on: Jan 30, 2018, 04:45 PM »
Hey guys,

Dont post here to much... Just looking for an ice update on the lake,  we've had a great ice season for sure but I am familiar with the struggles of newfound,  I am hoping to do some traveling on my snowmobile...Any report would be great really.  thanks guys.  tight Lines to you all.
"A Bad day of fishing beats a good day of anything else"

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #279 on: Jan 30, 2018, 05:28 PM »
Hey guys,

Dont post here to much... Just looking for an ice update on the lake,  we've had a great ice season for sure but I am familiar with the struggles of newfound,  I am hoping to do some traveling on my snowmobile...Any report would be great really.  thanks guys.  tight Lines to you all.

If you use a snowmobile (depending on what kind of sled) you should use some ice scratchers as there is zero snow on the ice. Otherwise pretty safe travel everywhere but don't assume ice is safe if there are no signs of others there before you! Ice thickness is building as we speak and I measured 15-16" at the foot of Pike's Bay yesterday.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #280 on: Jan 30, 2018, 05:37 PM »
Nice Mowbizz. 23” Laker is a good one out of Newfound.
Keep me posted on your Argo and what you find it about the chain.

Unfortunately I know one of the guys in the minivan. Obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed. They spend more time driving around than actually fishing which speaks volumes about why they are really out there (not to fish).
Can’t fix stupid they say.

Found the idler chains on my Argo very loose especially on one side. Not sure if yours has idler chains Jiggin but the Frontier models with the "classic" tranny as opposed to to the Admiral tranny have 2 chains on each side of the tranny next to the disc brakes. Went over some 10 hour maintenance which was to check and tighten the outer axle extension bolts (where the gaskets seal out water) and re-checked tire pressure all around. I have an "oil pressure" light on my little display that stays on and I read that someone had the same thing and it was a loose wire to the oil sensor...couldn't find that wire as it's pretty tight in that engine compartment. Next will be oil and filter, engine at 20 hours and tranny fluid. Only about 15 hours on her now.
Back out there early tomorrow for a short day of fishing as Shobizz has to be somewhere late afternoon...

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #281 on: Jan 30, 2018, 06:03 PM »
Thanks Mowbizz for the update. I have the admiral tranny on my 750 HDi Argo. Sounds like your taking good care of yours.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #282 on: Jan 30, 2018, 06:51 PM »
Thanks Mowbizz for the update. I have the admiral tranny on my 750 HDi Argo. Sounds like your taking good care of yours.

I like doing the work on my stuff if I can...gives me piece of mind knowing it’s done right and not having to take someone else’s word for it...
Who is your dealer Jiggin. PM me.
Where I bought the Argo it’s basically a “side line” for them and I’d rather deal with someone that sells and repairs only Argos.

Offline Roughtimes1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #283 on: Jan 31, 2018, 02:09 AM »
If you use a snowmobile (depending on what kind of sled) you should use some ice scratchers as there is zero snow on the ice. Otherwise pretty safe travel everywhere but don't assume ice is safe if there are no signs of others there before you! Ice thickness is building as we speak and I measured 15-16" at the foot of Pike's Bay yesterday.

Offline Roughtimes1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #284 on: Jan 31, 2018, 02:11 AM »
Thanks a lot! I’m just using my ice sled, Indy lite gt 340... thanks again for your information 👍 will travel lightly

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #285 on: Jan 31, 2018, 04:19 AM »
Anybody else have a super slow day Sunday? Went with a couple buddies, they were super late so I sat on the bed of my truck sulking until they got there. Wasted a good hour trying to find a sweet hump I found on Navionics, didn't find it, so bounced around new areas after. Missed some bites, watched a guy climb the mountain ice. Finally we had enough of being skunked and went across the lake to a known whole and finally caught one, 18"er, and a buddy caught a foot longer to save the day. On the way back into Wellington we saw a plane land and a few bald eagles which was cool!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #286 on: Jan 31, 2018, 04:27 AM »
My day was slow Sunday. Ch brought up 2 and had a few playing with her. While I was out visiting she pulled one up and texted me a picture. I should of stayed I suppose as she said she had 3 chasing her jig which she said I would of defiantly caught one off them. ;) I think she was just being nice.
When you say you got an 18’er and another one a foot longer, are you saying you guys got one over 28”?

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #287 on: Jan 31, 2018, 01:38 PM »
Short day today...tipped one over soon as the jig was on the bottom...Lazy Larry the fatLaker was cruising around again just sampling chum...cold and breezy out there!
Skunked...back at it tomorrow. Might bump the house to some other locale. We're making ice out there! Yesterday's holes had 6" in them already!

Offline redneckfisherman5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #288 on: Jan 31, 2018, 04:17 PM »
Short day today...tipped one over soon as the jig was on the bottom...Lazy Larry the fatLaker was cruising around again just sampling chum...cold and breezy out there!
Skunked...back at it tomorrow. Might bump the house to some other locale. We're making ice out there! Yesterday's holes had 6" in them already!
skunked this afternoon myself! Had one hit my jig on the bottom and I set the hook to soon and he spit the bucktail out , he spent a good 10-15 minutes longer eyeing my jig and guzzling up chum , saw another laker just about 415-420 and then camera quality was to poor and packed up, back at it Friday I hope
Trout -the real pink meat

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #289 on: Jan 31, 2018, 06:12 PM »

Guess it wasn't just me today - made the trip up to Newfound and couldn't find the fish today... managed one dink perch off the bottom in 70 feet of water.
Didn't mark much today though at 35 feet I had them shooting up to the falling jig (even a live smelt) only to not hit it and head back to the bottom.

Motorola batteries were dead or I would have made a shout out to the circus on 5.5...  Hopefully will get back up their again this season.

Offline PHD3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #290 on: Jan 31, 2018, 07:28 PM »
Anybody else have a super slow day Sunday? Went with a couple buddies, they were super late so I sat on the bed of my truck sulking until they got there. Wasted a good hour trying to find a sweet hump I found on Navionics, didn't find it, so bounced around new areas after. Missed some bites, watched a guy climb the mountain ice. Finally we had enough of being skunked and went across the lake to a known whole and finally caught one, 18"er, and a buddy caught a foot longer to save the day. On the way back into Wellington we saw a plane land and a few bald eagles which was cool!
   I was on the lake from 9 until 3 with a buddy. Fishing was much slower then the week before but we manged to scratch out 12 lakers..  All typical Newfound lakers, nothing big.. Caught one in front of the warden, and asked him if there were actually big fish in there, he laughed and said the lake was full of that size..   Hoping to make it back at the end of Feb when they start biting again.. 

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #291 on: Feb 01, 2018, 05:16 PM »
Slow, snowy, day. About an inch of powder on the lake. Can’t see the bumps anymore😬
Had lakers on cam all day and tipped a couple over but didn’t hook up.
Taking a little break for personal reasons...be back at it next week.
Have a great weekend guys!

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #292 on: Feb 01, 2018, 08:21 PM »
Taking a little break for personal reasons...be back at it next week.
Heres hoping you and yours are ok.
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #293 on: Feb 02, 2018, 04:07 AM »
My day was slow Sunday. Ch brought up 2 and had a few playing with her. While I was out visiting she pulled one up and texted me a picture. I should of stayed I suppose as she said she had 3 chasing her jig which she said I would of defiantly caught one off them. ;) I think she was just being nice.
When you say you got an 18’er and another one a foot longer, are you saying you guys got one over 28”?

Ah, I wish! Meant I caught an 18" one and my buddy caught a 12" one minutes later. Bite got hot from 1:30-2pm, then died again

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #294 on: Feb 02, 2018, 05:14 AM »
2/02/2018

Heading out to the lake...see what today brings, heard it was gonna be WINDY! :(

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #295 on: Feb 02, 2018, 07:17 AM »
2/02/2018

Heading out to the lake...see what today brings, heard it was gonna be WINDY! :(

I'll be out later today. Waiting for the real cold weather and windy conditions(not just "breezy").    ;)   @)   Give you a shout.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #296 on: Feb 02, 2018, 08:57 AM »
I'll be out later today. Waiting for the real cold weather and windy conditions(not just "breezy").    ;)   @)   Give you a shout.

You there tomorrow? Maybe I'll see you.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #297 on: Feb 02, 2018, 09:54 AM »
You there tomorrow? Maybe I'll see you.

Plan to be out all weekend. Trying to make up for lost time.   ;) Come on by.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #298 on: Feb 02, 2018, 10:20 AM »
Heres hoping you and yours are ok.

All okay thanks! Just a little block of time we have to devote to other stuff.
Luckily, we can go out anytime as we’re retired.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #299 on: Feb 02, 2018, 10:36 AM »
Plan to be out all weekend. Trying to make up for lost time.   ;) Come on by.

I'll keep you posted.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.