Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2018  (Read 74022 times)

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2018
« Reply #240 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:51 PM »
You’re welcome!
My house is good!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #241 on: Jan 24, 2018, 06:40 PM »
Wanted to say THANK YOU to those that helped out tonight checking houses. We had a real easy night tending houses and only needed to jack up 2. Rest were good. There were a few that had their runners frozen in a bit but nothing bobhouse threatening.
Here are the ones that were slightly or close to being frozen in.

[/url]

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #242 on: Jan 24, 2018, 07:24 PM »
Good job!
Was there still that ice crust that gave way under your weight or has that frozen yet?

Offline porkpiehat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #243 on: Jan 24, 2018, 11:15 PM »
always wanted to fish Newfound but i dont have a snowmobile...is it worth trying without? Or is the ice good enough to bring the truck out?
Cheers

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #244 on: Jan 25, 2018, 04:30 AM »
always wanted to fish Newfound but i dont have a snowmobile...is it worth trying without? Or is the ice good enough to bring the truck out?
Cheers

There is plenty of places to walk out from shore to fish. Great rainbow fishing by shore and Lakers. You don’t need to drive a truck on the lake. That tends to weaken and wrecks the ice w sand and road salt, Ruins access. Check out Meredith bay after the derby for example. It screws a lot of fishermen’s access and bobhouse removal. Not a fan. Sorry.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #245 on: Jan 25, 2018, 04:32 AM »
Good job!
Was there still that ice crust that gave way under your weight or has that frozen yet?

A little bit in some spots. It was buttoning up though. Need creepers for sure.
Sounds like it’s gonna get warm this weekend. See what that’ll bring.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #246 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:01 AM »
A little bit in some spots. It was buttoning up though. Need creepers for sure.
Sounds like it’s gonna get warm this weekend. See what that’ll bring.
I can take warm...it’s the freakin rain I can’t take.

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #247 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:39 AM »
I can take warm...it’s the freakin rain I can’t take.

Where do you seen rain? Right now weather channel is showing just cloudy on Sunday?

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #248 on: Jan 25, 2018, 05:26 PM »
Well it’s been a long long time since I’ve posted here, password problems...blah blah blah, and was a lurker for awhile, now decided to join in on this crazy ness....this season has been pretty slow for me with only 6 lakers so far, and I’ve got a lot of catching up to do...that’s why I told work I’ve got FISHING POX, and won’t be in tomorrow.....hoping to slay em tomorrow,  and if ya got the radio holler out on the 5.5....

Now if I can just figure out this picture thing again......😂😂
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #249 on: Jan 25, 2018, 05:28 PM »
Where do you seen rain? Right now weather channel is showing just cloudy on Sunday?

I meant the last 2 rain episodes we had already!

Offline zack-attack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #250 on: Jan 25, 2018, 05:31 PM »
I've had the fishing pox all winter long and can't seem to get rid of them , good luck

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #251 on: Jan 25, 2018, 05:48 PM »
I've had the fishing pox all winter long and can't seem to get rid of them , good luck

Thx zack....checked your house a few times with the crew....very nice build !

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #252 on: Jan 25, 2018, 05:58 PM »
Well it’s been a long long time since I’ve posted here, password problems...blah blah blah, and was a lurker for awhile, now decided to join in on this crazy ness....this season has been pretty slow for me with only 6 lakers so far, and I’ve got a lot of catching up to do...that’s why I told work I’ve got FISHING POX, and won’t be in tomorrow.....hoping to slay em tomorrow,  and if ya got the radio holler out on the 5.5....

Now if I can just figure out this picture thing again......😂😂

Welcome back Tippin! Thanks for your work with the “crew” 😀

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #253 on: Jan 26, 2018, 04:24 AM »
I meant the last 2 rain episodes we had already!

Ah! You scared me because I'm going to be out here Sunday with a buddy!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #254 on: Jan 26, 2018, 04:29 AM »
Good luck today Tippin.

Get well soon too from your fishingpox but not too soon.

See you out there tomorrow.

Offline Rippin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #255 on: Jan 26, 2018, 01:24 PM »
Newfound Circus are a greatest group of people helping each other fish and have fun!  I think you guys are the state NH ice fishing role models.

I also love watching and sharing your Newfound Circus videos on YouTube!

You guys Rock!!  FISH ON!!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #256 on: Jan 26, 2018, 02:44 PM »
Finished up early today and got out a little late too...oh well.
Ended the day with 1 laker on the ice and some aggressive lakers we missed down below. Was fun and the visibility was great with the sun out. It was a lot colder and windier than I thought it was supposed to be but that's NH weather.
Set a couple of cusk lines and we'll be back at it early tomorrow, I hope.

Tippin stopped by to say hi just before we packed it in...nice meeting you Brother!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #257 on: Jan 27, 2018, 05:40 PM »
Had a nice long day in the circus today...the lakers were lackadaisical and off and on aggressive. Lost one at the hole and one half way up then landed a late feeder at 3:30 that attacked my jig like a tiger 3 times before I hooked him...no skunk today!
Lost part of our brand new Marcum panner device down the hole (screw came loose) so we had to do the wire twist thing all day to keep Shobizz’ cam on the jig...nice day! BTW what was that “horn” sounding from time to time today?

Offline celtbass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #258 on: Jan 27, 2018, 05:55 PM »
I try to routinely check the hardware on my Marcum paner...  mine has come apart on more than one occasion, but never down the hole.  I took it out of the truck last year and it fell to pieces in my driveway, found the needle in the haystack luckily
Let it freeze

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #259 on: Jan 27, 2018, 06:24 PM »
I try to routinely check the hardware on my Marcum paner...  mine has come apart on more than one occasion, but never down the hole.  I took it out of the truck last year and it fell to pieces in my driveway, found the needle in the haystack luckily
Yup... we have 2 and I immediately checked the other one and it was getting loose too. I see some blue threadlocker in my future!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #260 on: Jan 27, 2018, 07:53 PM »
1/27/2018

Started out cold but reached Mid 30's with no wind.

Had a great morning. Got 6 lakers before CH got out on the lake at 9 am. I took advantage of what i thought was a pretty good lead for the day. This would give me time to fly the drone. She stuck with it all day and manage to pull up 5 lakers and almost tied me loosing 1 at the hole. Lakers going back and forth between us at times, We had a jig off......
I controlled the board for most of the day but Laker Taker had a better day in the end, catching 9 lakers and one that was estimated around 6 lbs.

Heard others catching lakers too, Psycho, Butterfly, Troutfreak, Maggot, Walker Ranger, Mowbizz etc etc...had to welcome them to the board.

Saw lots of folks walking around the lake and a minivan cruising around. It was glare ice conditions out today, creeper day for sure.

Would of been a great nite to stay out....

Back at it in the am.

Offline YT125

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #261 on: Jan 28, 2018, 03:49 PM »
Fished the southern end of the lake today, very slow day, one small laker and a couple flags. We didn’t do much jigging enjoyed the weather with some venison burgers and ice cold beverages! Beautiful day to be out on the hard water.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #262 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:37 PM »
1/28/2018

Nice warm day with no to little wind. We don't get days like this much. Saved on propane day.

Tried to catch some lakers before CH got out but was unable to hook up. As soon as she got there and got her jig down, 2 lakers show up fighting over her ducktail and cut bait.

She got 2 today to my none. Short day, we bumped the house off the holes shortly after lunch into a bit deeper water to get ready for next weekend.

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #263 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:45 PM »
Took Friday off, and was able to hawl up a laker, and decided to bump house for the weekend, was near a rock pile , good day off from work....nice to meet you mobiz, and showbiz
Saturday was better, move turned out to be productive, was able to pull up  4, and got to see lakertakers nice 28” trout..
Sunday had a flurry of action in the morning seeing multiple fish on camera...flag goes up with 2 fish under house...decided to go to flag, rather than get spooled, hoping the fish under house would still be there .....pulled up 1, nothing on tip up...
Went home early on Sunday.....spent....be st weekend weather wise, no wind, and saved on propane !

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #264 on: Jan 29, 2018, 07:43 AM »
Nice report Tippin.

Im waaaay behind in these videos as i've been having too much fun this season. Here is the first one for the season. Sorry about the poor video quality, early morning the camera visibility is poor as compared to when the sun comes up. If you look hard enough, you can see some lakers :)

Best played in HD.

Offline YT125

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #265 on: Jan 29, 2018, 10:05 AM »
Great video, looking forward to more.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #266 on: Jan 29, 2018, 01:17 PM »
Nice report Tippin.

Im waaaay behind in these videos as i've been having too much fun this season. Here is the first one for the season. Sorry about the poor video quality, early morning the camera visibility is poor as compared to when the sun comes up. If you look hard enough, you can see some lakers :)

Best played in HD.

I think I want you to be the DJ at my next party!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #267 on: Jan 29, 2018, 02:37 PM »
I think I want you to be the DJ at my next party!

Too funny doctorgee!  ;D

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #268 on: Jan 29, 2018, 03:53 PM »
Shobizz and I were out today...pretty quiet people wise except for a maroon mini van blasting back and forth from Wellington to the foot of Pike’s Bay...
Got out around 9:30 and set up and jigged a nice 23” laker right away.
That was it except for a shorty on a tip up.
Nice day with good camera visibility...warmer weather didn’t affect the house at all...never went above freezing today.
Had a fat laker just cruising around us all day then 3 or 4 flurries of aggressive lakers zipping through the chum. Couldn’t connect on them.
Have to take a day off tomorrow...some chain slapping going on with the Argo. Time to check tension.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #269 on: Jan 29, 2018, 05:19 PM »
Nice Mowbizz. 23” Laker is a good one out of Newfound.
Keep me posted on your Argo and what you find it about the chain.

Unfortunately I know one of the guys in the minivan. Obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed. They spend more time driving around than actually fishing which speaks volumes about why they are really out there (not to fish).
Can’t fix stupid they say.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.