Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1634555 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11850 on: Mar 01, 2018, 07:35 AM »
First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Raquettedacker. Just remember tho we share the same birthday I am ahead of you in seniority in life. Or is that senility. Thank you for starting the best thread on the internet.

There is some iffy weather for the southern part of the lower for today. It does not look like it is going to get up this far. Hope it doesn't as we need to take a trip over to my credit union. The wifes credit union that merged with another smaller credit union has been so screwed up She made a payment for a small loan at my credit union from hers and the check bounced even though there was plenty of $$$ in her acount. After over 30 years she is going to dump her credit union because of so many screwups. She is joining a credit union here in town so we can have counter service that she lost with the merger.

IF-45 The boss has the same problem with small stones. I feel for you seeing how she suffers passing them. I luckily have never had a problem with them. The hollow sound you here is me knocking on my hollow wooden head after making that statement.

IW The weather this winter sure has been weird. We need to remember that it is only the first of March. The worst snow storm I ever drove in was on April 3rd. What should have been a 3 hour drive ended up being 6 and we shut down 40 miles from home. We ended up getting my cousin out of bed to hole up at is place for the night. It was two days later before I actually got home.

The ice on our lake looks spooky with the color it is. The edges have opened up some. All that rain did not raise the level other than what rain fell as there is no inlet.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11851 on: Mar 01, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Happy Birthday TT and Raquette  :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11852 on: Mar 01, 2018, 09:10 AM »
X2

Happy Birthday TT

Happy Birthday Raquette  :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11853 on: Mar 01, 2018, 12:26 PM »
 :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:  Happy Birthday Tom and Dom!!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11854 on: Mar 01, 2018, 01:40 PM »
Happy Birthday...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11855 on: Mar 01, 2018, 04:48 PM »

Happy Birthday Dom and Tom. :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:

IW

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11856 on: Mar 01, 2018, 06:01 PM »
First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Raquettedacker. Just remember tho we share the same birthday I am ahead of you in seniority in life. Or is that senility. Thank you for starting the best thread on the internet.

Sorry Tom..      :-\       I hope you had a very Happy Birthady....     :thumbsup:
I was to work early playing in the dirt...  ;D
   Worked all day and just had hamburgers on the grill...   Shower now, and cake after with my bride..... ;D
Thank you to everyone...
 wallyworld
 Whopper Stopper
 masoneddie
 hunts2long
 ICE WANDERER

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11857 on: Mar 01, 2018, 07:45 PM »
Ditto on the birth day wishes, Just so you two know I went fishing on your birthday, to the tune of 8 inches of good ice and slayed a pile of nice perch. Oh and 1 20" Rainbow. What a way to close out the icefishing.  No freezing temps for several days, now. and winds to boot  :'( :'(

One local lake went from 99% ice covered this morning to 95% open water this afternoon.  Guess the ducks and Geese are happy now.  Just not me  :%$#!:

Ms WW nice pictures that one is a tank

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11858 on: Mar 01, 2018, 08:18 PM »
Good evening Happy Birth wishes to Tom and Dom hope you both had nice days.
Whopper Stopper how did things go at dentist. Just make sure you will have medical coverage if you decide to retire. Nice barter with riffle club guees your motto is have chainsaws will barter.
Hunts2long may all go well at the contest this weekend . May ENT doctor help your wife always some side effect from medications some more serious then others. Congratulations to your brother on the pike.
IFF congratulations great last trip of season. Amazing how fast lakes can open up with warmer weather.
Eddie hope your snow fall is at the lower end of forecast totals.
Ice Wanderer safe travels to your wife and relatives . Ditto on snow fall totals guess mealworm is getiing plows ready for service.
Icefisher-45 may things not get to painful passing the kidney stones.
Wallyworld great photos happy you found the trout.
Tom Turkey may your wife get credit union problems corrected. also may weather let you make trip .
Raquettedacker assume your preparing for Easter flower sales. Only little over a month away.

A good night to all . May the coming storm in North East not cause major problems for anyone.
Steve

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11859 on: Mar 01, 2018, 08:29 PM »
Thanks Steve.. With the storm coming thought i would show some greenhouse pictures...

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11860 on: Mar 02, 2018, 02:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

15 heading to 40 this afternoon.

Nice pictures Raquette :thumbsup: I love your set up!

Bud congrats on the good outing :thumbsup: Keep safe if crawling around the ice, it sounds similar to fishing on the river with the varying  ice conditions every hour.

WW hope the big snow misses you and a broom is all that's needed for clean up :unsure: The news last night certainly painted an ugly forecast for some out that way :%$#!:

Eddie hope you have a good wrap to the week Sir! Any plans for the weekend?

I was planning on heading to the shack this morning to spend the day burning brush piles. My wife decided she would like to come along so that means tomorrow we will head up there. I want to get take advantage of the snow cover to touch off a couple of big piles and a couple smaller ones.

Today I am going to knock a stub down for a guy from a couple of weeks ago. He finally got all his brush picked up so I can finish the job.

Hope you all have an excellent Friday! Take care if dealing with the big storm!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11861 on: Mar 02, 2018, 03:25 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  30* and steady heavy wet snow falling, high of 33 today. We're in for a real mess here in my area, liked the 3 different reports I read yesterday better...recent report calling for 20-30" now possible with some real bad winds coming, gusts up to 50mph today.  Cripes, I was just getting use to no snow being around again, lol.

Marv..that was a sweet deal you worked out at the rifle range, nice job!  :thumbsup:  Hope today's project goes well, be safe. Actually thought I'd bust out my ice gear and head North to get another trip in this weekend. Now got a feeling I'll be on snow removal and R&R after this NorEaster moves out, lol.
  Dom...the greenhouse is looking awesome, you sure have green thumb! Thanks for sharing your pictures and X2 on Toms reply...closing in on 400 pages here!  :clap:
  Steve...just let the dogs in, appears to be about 4-5" on the ground and it's falling rapidly. Took the day off to try and keep up with this one. Glad to read Marist got a win, best of luck to them the remainder of the season!   :thumbsup:
  Bud..glad you found some good ice and hungry fish, way to go on the catching!! Great last trip! :bow: :clap: 
  Wally..congratulations to you and Mr.WW on your first boat trip, some beauty's!!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Thanks for sharing the pictures, hope the snow totals there aren't going to be too bad today for you!
  H2..this blizzard might put a damper on that contest for some this weekend, crazy stuff! Take it easy with the snow removal today Sir!
  Jeff...wondering how much snow was expected for your area today? Best wishes to MW with the plowing, hope all the equipment holds up well with this one!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...you sure were right about a weird winter this year! Hope you had a great Birthday yesterday!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45...best wishes with those kidney stones, hope you're feeling some relief buddy!   :thumbsup:

The plows have been running by here since about 1:30am, can't say enough good things about our road crew, they do a great job! Going out to put the first hit on my driveway.....will catch up to you all throughout the day assuming we don't lose power!
  Cawfee's on...eggs and bacon after round one!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11862 on: Mar 02, 2018, 04:50 AM »

Good morning Marv, Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 28* and a white out is going on here. We have about 3" to 4" now. I can't believe the weather cat is out. :woot:
                       Marv.......Stay safe on the side job. And I hope you and Jo have a good day at "The Shack" tomorrow. :thumbsup:
                       Eddie......The guessers were all over the place with the snow estimates the last couple of days. I heard on Tuesday
              that we would get 1 to 2 feet, the yesterday it was down to 1 to 3 inches, then last night it was 6 to 12+ inches. So who
              the #$%^ knows. I guess we'll find out when its over! ::)
                      Wally.......Those were some nice pictures of some nice fish. :clap: Good luck with the snow clean up.
                      Bud........Even though it's late in the season getting out on some Perch is good at any time. :flex:
                      Dom.......Nice pictures of the greenhouses, looks like you'll be ready for spring planting. :flex:
                      I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or if you're affected by the snow storm be careful removing
              snow!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11863 on: Mar 02, 2018, 05:38 AM »
Morning all,

WS......think a broom isn't going to make the cut  :blink:  good luck finishing the side job  :)  enjoy your time at the shack tomorrow   ;)

Eddie.....smart plan taking the day off sir  :thumbsup:  travel will be a nightmare  ::)

IW.....one radio report I heard yesterday said "storm totals will be 6" - 30" "   :o  that certainly narrowed it down  :P

IFF....great way to end the season  :bow: :flex: :clap:

H2L......all this snow will make getting on SAFE ice very difficult   :(  hope the doc is able to help MrsH2L

MrC....no snow in your area  ???  looks like closer to the coast it will remain a rain event  :-\  hope there's no flooding

So far looks to be about 5 - 6" of snow on the ground & still coming  :blink:  heavy wet snow  :wacko:  another 5 - 8" with high winds forecast for today  :%$#!: a few "trees & wires down" calls for the FD this morning so far  :unsure: sure it's going to get worse as the day progresses and the winds pick up   ::) I was so liking the bare ground, seeing the grass getting greener, the birds returning to the feeders.....now this  :'( :'(

Have a good day at work, play or snow removal. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11864 on: Mar 02, 2018, 06:36 AM »
32* and snow. Looks like about 8 inches so far. Wind is starting to pick up. Daughter got to work at DD so the road crews should be happy. Hoping the youngest didn't have to drive  to Little Falls for work this morning.

Raq, sure sign of spring, You back in the greenhouse. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Eddie, you can keep those kinds of snow totals down there. It will be a tough weekend for those that do fish. Just hope everyone stays safe.

Ran into the women that owns the sugar bush yesterday. They have made 700 gallons already this year. She said it was one of their best Feb. ever. They do both lines and buckets. They have close to 5000 buckets out.

The wind has picked up since I started this....Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11865 on: Mar 02, 2018, 06:55 AM »
Good morning everyone, that is a beautiful greenhouse, thank you for sharing those pics. Kidneybpain is better. Thank you everyone.  Pcp called yesterday finally having second MRI this weekend for my back. Hopefully get that resolved. Hope everyone has safe day. And to those working today be safe.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11866 on: Mar 02, 2018, 08:01 AM »
Good morning 9:45ers , rain over night changed to snow between 4-5 AM slushy mess on ground/roadways guessing 2-3 inches and still snowing. Weather Underground forecast calls for change back to rain later today.
Raquettedacker looks like you are ready for spring planting from your photos .
whopper Stopper safe trip to the "shack"
Eddie enjoy the day off between pounds of snow removal .
Ice Wanderer I think weather forecasters have no idea how much snow will fall even with all of their high tech. equipment. May Mealworm and his crew not have to spend extended hours plowing.
wallyworld hope you did not move tractor with snow blower to back barn already. May your son and his family come through this storm alright weather Underground forecasting high wind gusts along with rain/snow for most of Eastern MA.
Hunts2long sure daughter who works at DD is popular person with snow removal crews. Safe travels for your youngest daughter today. It will be messy conditions for all fishing contest.
Icefisher-45 Mayu second MRI give doctors information needed to help them heal your back.

Safe travel to all who have to be out in this storm here in North East. Have a good day.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11867 on: Mar 02, 2018, 09:12 AM »
First round of shoveling done...measured 12" of HEAVY wet snow & it's coming down harder than ever now 😡 Power went out about an hour ago.....trees & bushes are taking a real beating 😢 Winds have changed direction and picked up in intensity, looks like a long day ahead 😞 Stay safe everyone and don't over do it.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11868 on: Mar 02, 2018, 09:23 AM »
Sorry to hear my positive "broom" comment went down the toilet :%$#!:

Hang in there WW :thumbsup:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11869 on: Mar 02, 2018, 12:26 PM »

Good afternoon everyone,
                          Snow, snow, snow, I snow blew 8 inches, since then we have another 2 to 3 inches and the snow is falling
                  harder than before. I guess we're in for a dozy of a March storm! ::)

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11870 on: Mar 02, 2018, 12:29 PM »
IW what's the weather cat doing ???   :roflmao: :roflmao:

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11871 on: Mar 02, 2018, 01:09 PM »
Just got done with round 2 with the driveway. I guess it is going to be movie night, the Dish is covered with snow so no signal. The plow just went by again @&%*...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11872 on: Mar 02, 2018, 03:04 PM »
Good afternoon ER's happy birthday wishes a little late. Hope those getting the storm fair ok when it stops. I might have a shot at a 35 dollar flipover fingers crossed hoping for a call later on. A few taking accidental baths around here now I'll stick to the manhole covers and grates till everything is open. 35 beans eskimo sport yeah.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11873 on: Mar 02, 2018, 07:34 PM »
Thanks for all of the Birthday Well Wishes!

I hope every one out east is not getting hurt to bad with this latest storm.

It was a long day yesterday. It was almost a short day. It is good that my reaction time has not gotten bad over the years. I was quite a ways behind a car that was tail gating a bucket truck. I noticed it's brake lights flash and then come on solid at a cross road. It started to turn into the road then stopped with half of the car still in my lane. Luckily I was able to get around it with oncoming traffic, blowing the heck out of my horn. It pulled back out behind me even tail gating me for a while before dropping back. I looked in my mirror a few miles down the road an they did the same thing at another intersection.

WS I was watching the weather a while ago. The guesser drew the path of the storm coming from the west coast right through Minneapolis. The cost of the range sounds like a lot of money unless you shoot a lot. I am glad I have a lot of free places to shoot. At least you were able to make a barter to cover the cost.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11874 on: Mar 03, 2018, 05:21 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

37 heading to 45 here today.

Hope all our Eastern friends are staying safe amidst the storm, best wishes to you all that's a heck of a dumping :cookoo:

TT glad to hear you came out of your experience unscathed. People like that belong behind bars before they cause injury or kill someone :%$#!:

It looks like a couple of warm days here before our next system rolls in but it will be nothing compared to what is going on elsewhere.

We are a half hour from hitting the road to go burn brush piles. I will check in later to see how everyone is doing.

Take care and keep safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11875 on: Mar 03, 2018, 05:26 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      It's 29* and still windy and cloudy here on my hill, I'll be going out to snow blow my driveway after I finish here!
                      Marv........The weather cat slept most of the day, every once in while he would go to the window a watch the birds
               in the bird feeders on the front porch. He wouldn't go out this morning, it's too windy! ::) I hope your trip to "The Shack"
               is uneventful and you and Jo have a good productive day!
                      Tom.......I'm glad that you escaped injury with your quick reflexes. :thumbsup:
                      Wally.......Well what was your final total I hope it didn't go over the 30" that the guessers said it could.
                      Well we got about 12" about what the guesser predicted sort of. As I said I will go out a blow the last of the snow
              about 4". It's a good thing I blew yesterday about 8" because it was a wet snow, when I blow the bigger area I
              have to blow some of the snow twice.
                      I got a call from the "VA" and they want to do my surgery scoping next Thursday, I was hoping it would be
             later in the month but when you deal with them it's more or less it's to their schedule. So I guess my ice fishing
             will come to an end for this year! :(
                      I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or cleaning up after the storm.

IW                       

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11876 on: Mar 03, 2018, 05:52 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv, Morning Everyone,
  29* with some fairly strong NNW winds still howling this am 15-25mph, high of 38 today with some rain possible this afternoon.
  We ended up getting 20 plus inches of snow here yesterday, a few neighboring towns over 30. Glad that ones over!! Never did lose power thankfully, it flickered a few times but stayed on. Local news stated over 80,000 were out early in the afternoon. Internet was up and down throughout the day, but aside from that, no major problems.

Tom...tailgaters are the worst, really get my blood flowing! I routinely do brake checks or just slow right down when they start drafting me.  Glad you avoided the accident and had a safe trip.   :thumbsup:
 OG...hoping you nailed that $35 flip over!!  :thumbsup:   Hope the ones falling through made it out ok! Got a feeling we'll be hearing more reports of people falling through here as well after this snowstorm hiding bad ice.
  H2...it's going to be a busy weekend on the lake! Crossing fingers everyone uses their heads with all that new snow hiding bad ice. Sounds like it has been a banner year for the maple sap, quite an operation they have going there! Hope you took it easy with that snow yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...the snow blowing wasn't so bad other than the wind, the shoveling was/is always a PITA!   ;D. I know some people like to use it on lures as an attractant, :whistle:, but I sprayed down the shovel with WD40 a few times to help the snow from sticking... ;D
  Wally..hope your power got restored!! Hope you didn't over do it with the shoveling yesterday, that was some darn heavy snow!
  Jeff...hoping you didn't mess that shoulder up anymore with the snow removal yesterday! Imagine MW and the boys were working another marathon...hope all the equipment stayed running!   :thumbsup:
  Marv..safe travels to and from the shack today! Nice warm fire outside on a cold day...I'm thinking weenie roast and a few cold ones!!   ;D

Looks like one more round of snow blowing and shoveling left. If there was anything good from this storm, at least the tick problem here talked about on another thread, will be in check for awhile!!    :clap: :thumbsup:
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11877 on: Mar 03, 2018, 05:56 AM »
Morning all,

Ended the day with 20" of snow  :o  Everything here at home is pretty much cleaned up except the end of the driveway from the plows  >:(  Today we"ll be heading to camp (fishing) to do that clean up  ::)  Then either later today or first thing tomorrow we'll be heading in the opposite direction to camp (hunting) to do that clean up  :wacko: And to think, a few days ago while sitting in the boat, I was figuring I'd be mowing the lawn in a couple weeks  :blink: :unsure: :woot:

WS......hope the storm coming your way is a small one  ;D  enjoy the day at the shack  ;)

IW....the only way to handle that snow was in stages, way too wet & heavy to let it pile up  :-\  not looking forward to the camp clean ups for that reason  :pinch:  hope the surgery helps the shoulder

TT.....glad you managed to avoid an accident  :clap:  you have to be on high alert all the time when you're behind the wheel, lots of  :cookoo:  drivers out there  >:(

Eddie....glad you were able to keep up with the snow yesterday  ;)  power was out here for about 5 hours, thank goodness for generators  ;)2

Have a good day whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe,

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11878 on: Mar 03, 2018, 06:58 AM »
Good Morning. 34 degrees. We ended up with 15 inches of snow. Still have to clean out the car and truck.

TT, glad you were able to get around that car. There are a lot of nuts out there.

IW, get it over with between the fishing seasons.

This afternoon we are going to a basketball game in Glens Falls. My daughters BF's son is playing in one of the finals. They knocked off the GF's team that had the new NYS scorer on it last week.

Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11879 on: Mar 03, 2018, 08:08 AM »
Good morning fellow 9:45ers,glad every one in storm's path suffered no major problems. Guessing I received 4-5 inches of wet heavy snow have to clean driveway at house later today. My sister saw mostly rain and high winds side door on her garage got blow open from wind and window in door shattered assuming door frame is damaged told her to find way to close door and window until making repairs. One of her neighbors traps then spays/neuters the stray cats in area so plenty of strays/feral cats around don't need any taking up residence in garage.
Old Goat may there be no fatalities with folks falling through ice as season comes to end in your area.
Whopper Stopper have a safe trip do not set the woods a blaze . ::) :whistle:
Ice Wanderer watch the shoulder while doing last of snow clean up today. It maybe better to get scoping surgery done now and be recovered by time you make annual trip to Maine .
Eddie sounds like your area received brunt of storm take your time with clean up.
Wallyworld any way to transport snow blower to the camps may you find no major damage at either one.
Hunts2long enjoy the game best to daughter's BF and his team is game part of High school post season state tournament. May there be no problems at contest this weekend.
Tom Turkey happy your reflexes are still sharp and you avoided an accident . Always a risk when we take a drive.

A good day to all be careful with any remaining snow clean up take breaks as needed .
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.