Author Topic: Had some decent results with Gulp maggots  (Read 1950 times)

Offline WhackMaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Had some decent results with Gulp maggots
« on: Feb 15, 2007, 10:51 AM »
i caught 9 craps in a matter of minutes, then the hole died. school musta moved. but i was using a small red and white skirted jig tipped with a chartreuse berkley gulp maggot. they were hitting so fast for a while there, i couldn't even get my reel engaged! i moved around some after that, maybe another 15-20 minutes, but couldn't catch up to em and it was time to go home. but i was impressed with the gulp maggots. my first time using them. just thought i'd share   ;D

Offline Webguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lured into it, get reel!
Re: Had some decent results with Gulp maggots
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2007, 10:55 AM »
I always have the white ones on hand and have caught some fish on them, bonus is that they don't die!  ;D

Offline scuba

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2007, 04:21 PM »
That is all I use all winter are the Berkley products. I use more of the Power Bait line as opposed to the Gulp products. The real benefit to me is that you do not have to rebait all the time, and you don't have to run and buy minnows all the time. Or forget them in the van ::) I did experiment with real maggots but only use them when the plastics fail. I have also been nailing whiteys with the plastics. Learn to use plastics and develop the confidence you need to make them your go to.

Offline WhackMaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2007, 12:36 PM »
after that experience, i'll defintely be using them more! like you said, much easier and convenient than shiners or other live bait.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2007, 07:42 PM »
Snagged up a jar of them maggots on my last trip into WallyWorld after reading this thread. Tipped a silver pimple and a Gitzit with'em this morning. Didn't spook'em!!!  ;D

Good stuff!

~ G

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.