Author Topic: snowstorm crappies  (Read 1801 times)

Offline fl18guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
snowstorm crappies
« on: Jan 28, 2013, 01:05 PM »
its snowing here in NY, crappie bite was so hot this am before the snow. I know sometimes they turn on , but they didnt.  Should i have stayed and fished in the snow  or should i go back and fish after the snow stops, or wait till next day. Lets hear it. And yes i was into the craps the last few days so i know they are there just would bite.  Tried waxies, spikes, minno's, watzits, halis. etc couldnt get them to hit anything.

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: snowstorm crappies
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:07 PM »
here in Southern Maine, the bite picked up with the snow...bit hard till dark, you had to tease em a bit, but they were more active then they've been in a couple days...I love fishing in storms...there is always a period where the fish crank right up...sometimes just as storm is starting, sometimes during, and sometimes as it is winding down...
It's all about Karma.....

Offline fl18guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:20 PM »
thanks fiesty. We left in the beginning of the storm. will be at em again in the am.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2013, 10:54 AM »
My best luck is usually just before the snow and as it starts. IMO a lot depends on what kind of weather you have been having prior, but I always like to fish as a big low pressure system sweeps in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.