Author Topic: Northern Pike  (Read 4267 times)

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
Re: Northern Pike
« Reply #30 on: Mar 03, 2019, 05:16 AM »
nice one!  this is sure the time to be doing it! nothing beats late ice and ice out season for slime.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a pic or two of a pig soon. somewhere in IN, someone is catching a couple 36"+ this week. ;)
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 03, 2019, 07:30 AM »
nice one!  this is sure the time to be doing it! nothing beats late ice and ice out season for slime.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a pic or two of a pig soon. somewhere in IN, someone is catching a couple 36"+ this week. ;)
I had my chance but blew it. Finally had a flag pop and I was like 100 yards away. Did the run and when I got there saw it stop spinning. Took my bait. 10 minutes later had a big mark on vexilar swim by and grab my jig rod and bit me clean off. Ha. Only one pike this season for me. A squeaker too
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Mar 03, 2019, 09:10 AM »
First time I have heard a northern referred to as slime. When I think of slime a brown trout pops into mind. Just my 2 cents, lol.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #33 on: Mar 05, 2019, 06:29 AM »
i think kings are the slimiest of that fish family. lots of slimy fish, but pike seem the slimiest that I catch, around here, plus that stench.  you never heard of snot rockets?  catfish are equally as slimy also I guess.

last week to ice that monster!  then it gets easier to contact more fish with the boat.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Mar 05, 2019, 07:34 AM »
Catch a big lake trout otter lake Michigan. Their nickname in charter boats is grease balls !

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Mar 05, 2019, 09:41 AM »
Catch a big lake trout otter lake Michigan. Their nickname in charter boats is grease balls !

Lakers on the south end are reffered to as greasers, green fish or $100 bills.
Got one goin'!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.