Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1612029 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9900 on: Sep 14, 2017, 01:09 PM »
Nice fish and some very nice weather. Thanks for sharing....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9901 on: Sep 14, 2017, 04:48 PM »
Youser WW's  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9902 on: Sep 15, 2017, 04:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone  :bow:

Excellent pictures WW :clap: :clap: :clap: What a fantastic trip! Hope your next adventure is another success :thumbsup:

Eddie hope all is well and you, have a good wrap to the week Sir! Are you back to the side job this weekend?

We are off to Iowa in a few minutes. Hope you all have an excellent weekend.

Best of luck if hitting the water :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9903 on: Sep 15, 2017, 06:18 AM »
Morning all,

Thanks for all the nice words  :bow:  Erie sure is a great fishery & beautiful lake.

WS.....enjoy your weekend with family. Safe travels   @)

IFF.....hope you remembered to plug the boat in, never know when it's time to get out there again  ;D

Eddie.....any chance of hitting Pulaski this weekend ??? I hear the fishing is pretty good out there  :whistle:

H2L.....sorry your last outing was a tough one  :(  things should pick up as the temps drop  ;)

MrC....hope the late shift is going ok for you. Tough to get the right sleep on those hours  :-\

More catch up planned today. Seems for every day you're away from home it takes two days to get settled back down.

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9904 on: Sep 15, 2017, 07:10 AM »
Headed out to the other place in a bit! I now wish I had not put gas in the van yesterday at $2.63. I checked gas buddy and it is only $2.39 at the other place. Hopefully the place on the way over has a good thimble so I can get started right away replacing the thimble as rain is forecast for late Sunday. We really need it but the cement and mortar needs to cure before it gets rained on. I guess I had better get some rain gear out as I need to help the son clean up some stuff that needs to go the burn pile.

I got a call from a guy just before asking if I wanted the white oak acorns he had cleaned up in his yard. I said sure as the deer love them and my oaks do not have very many acorns this year. He had 5 black garbage bags with as many acorns as they would hold with many more to come. He cleans them out of his lush lawn with a shop vac.

ww You can ship me some walleye filets any time. They will not plant any more in our lake because the might eat some of the green striped carp aka LMB. If they could get rid of all the other fish in the lake and just have THEIR bass they would be happy.

See ya all next week.

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9905 on: Sep 15, 2017, 09:13 AM »
 ;D Good morning fellow ER"s. Haven;t been on here since last winter. Weather has been cooling off a little and been getting the itch for some hardwater fishing.  Found a new pond this summer that is full of nice crappie and  lots of really toad gills. Doesn't get fished very often as it's well off the beaten path over some steep hilly pasture land.  Have a great day all! Go Hawks, Go Pack! :tipup:
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9906 on: Sep 15, 2017, 11:10 AM »
Nice to have you drop in PackFan, your pond sounds like a place not to leave any tracks too  ::) Not much going on here, played WS for a bit this morning trimming out some dead Ash branches, and ready for the trash pickup  Have a pepper plant that I will try and transplant and bring in the house.  Wish I had a south facing garden window.

Tom, I was out, and about but forgot to check on gas prices.  Will have to check online and see what I can find.

Oh boy radar shows its snowing up in Montana.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9907 on: Sep 16, 2017, 03:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Did someone say snow??  :clap: :thumbsup:   
   66* on the Hill this am, high of 79 expected here today. Had some issues with the computer again, hopefully that problem is gone now...have been keeping an eye on you all with my not so smart phone though!   ;D

Wally...what an awesome trip to Erie for you and Mr.WW, great job on the walleyes!!  :bow: :clap:  Hoping next weekend to be up in Pulaski, wrapping up the tile job and some other miscellaneous work at the homeowners this weekend.
  Marv...hope you and your wife had safe travels to Cedar Rapids, have a great visit with your niece Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...have you been drawing a bead on any more of those big mice lately? Good luck with the fishing if you're heading out!
  Tom...good luck with the chimney fix. Gas price has been pretty stable at around $2.70 - $2.75 here the past few days.
  Iowapackfan...welcome back to the site! Good luck with that honey hole this season! Think we all got the itch to walk on water again.... :thumbsup:
  H2...good luck with the Walters today if you're fishing....what's the water temp at now?
  Jeff...hope your vacation is going well and you've been getting the same weather we've had here all week!   :thumbsup:

We've been starting early the last few days doing the terrazzo work, that's helped my side job come a long way this week. Homeowner is very pleased with the work so far, she can't believe her floor is now almost 100% level and actually looks like a hardwood floor...it was 3" out of level at the start. Mentioned to me they had used pieces of 2"x4"s under the pool table legs to keep the balls from rolling to one end..lol.
  Got a glimpse of a fine looking buck on my way into work yesterday morning, got the heart pumping! Looked to be a very big 8 pointer from what I could see with the high beams on.
  Well, the cawfee's on and I do believe there are some  gooey cinnamon/raisin rolls under the dome...help yourself if you need a sweet tooth fix!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9908 on: Sep 16, 2017, 03:56 AM »
Morning ERs.  Not much new here, but I had mentioned some time ago that our POA was going to dredge our little lake this summer and they're f i n a l l y about to get started.  Here is a pic of the dredging machine almost ready to go.

I will take some photos of it actually working and post once they get started.  The silt will be pumped into two enormous retaining ponds we had constructed on a nearby farm property.

About a month ago I picked up some new wheels to get around in the community.  We've really enjoyed taking leisurely rides around the lake in the evenings with it.

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend and, as always, good luck to those wetting a line!

I see Eddie just posted.  Good morning Sir!

DN

DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9909 on: Sep 16, 2017, 05:55 AM »
Morning all,

DN......that must be quite the operation to watch  :)   sweet looking ride for an evening tour  :clap: 

Eddie....glad to see you beat the gremlins down once again  :flex:  sounds like you have quite the satisfied customer  :thumbsup:

TT......gas in this area hit $2.79 right after Harvey and has stayed right there  >:(

IFF.....what are the plans for today  ???

Have a wedding to attend today that starts at noon, so that will pretty much be the day for us.

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9910 on: Sep 16, 2017, 07:22 AM »
Good Morning. Going to be warm this weekend. Low 80's. Not real fond of warm weather after Sept. 1st. Wife already had me take the window fans out.
DN, nice ride, chains and you will be good to go on the ice....lol.
WW, gas went up to 2.84 here and has stayed there.
Eddie, the water temp on Tuesday was 62 in the morning and 67 when I came back in. I am sure it hasn't cooled off much this week.
Going to a little get together this afternoon for my brother and is wife's 50th.
Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9911 on: Sep 16, 2017, 08:58 AM »
H2L......water on Erie surface temp was still 68 - 70*  :cookoo:  seemed awful warm for this time of year  :-\  enjoy the party & congrats to your brother & s-i-l on the 50 mark  :clap:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9912 on: Sep 16, 2017, 09:32 AM »
Good Morning ER's 

Eddie nope on getting any clear shot on the rodents, thought one tripped a trap, but that was still sit.  Sure have been cleaning up on the de-con squares though.

WW today its going to be a little cooler for a high, cold front from Montana slipped through, with a slight bit of rain.  Don't think its even registering in the rain gauge.  First on the lists of do is the laundry.

See one I know on another forum messed up his shoulder and will be having surgery soon with 6 months rehab.  Let him know I will be launching Monday, or Tuesday.  He likes the idea of the crappies or eyes for a supper  ;D

Nice getaround there DN, looks like some skis in the shop, those reserved for a Smitty ?

Checked in on gas prices, $2.26 - 2.29
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9913 on: Sep 16, 2017, 07:00 PM »
Greetings 9;45 regulars read through the posts from last couple of days hope I do not miss replying to anyone.
Iowapackfan welcome back hope you had a good Summer.
Mr.Turkey how did the chimney work go did you find the proper thimble.
Deal Ninja may the dredging improve things at your lake. Nice wheels for around town rides.
Hunts2long congratulations to your brother and SIl enjoy the party.
Whopper Stopper have a good visit with your niece safe travels on the trip home.
Wallyworld thanks for the photos looks like a great trip. Have a good time at the wedding .
Eddie may you see the buck again in your travels. Did the house your working out settle over the years that is one uneven floor. It is impressive what they can do with tile and other flooring materials today . I have tiles in my kitchen here at condo that look like stone and sheet vinyl in bathroom that appears even more like laid stones with mortar between. May you get into the salmon whenever you make the trip to Pulaski.
IFF hope the Decon does it's job . I got a little back ground on how your town was formed my insurance agent has a daughter who lives in Centenial  she recently returned from a visit. believe  this daughter is mother of her youngest grand daughter . (sorry if I misspelled town's name still do not see a spell check button here on post reply since recent server work)

Busy Friday and today my sister came up and we got more of the house cleaned out with help from 1-800-Junk. Also moved some items out of attic including ice fishing gear that has not been used in several years. I have to call one friend who has connections to local Boy Scouts and see if they would like the gear. Gas prices are averaging $2.79/gal here since Harvey hit Texas. Have a good Sunday folks . Stay safe doing whatever is on your respective agendas.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9914 on: Sep 17, 2017, 05:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 60* this morning, high of 78 expected here today. Sure would be a nice day to spend out on the water, need a dose of that tug drug soon!  ;D

Steve...I'm guessing the concrete floor was possibly done by the original homeowner trying to save a few bucks when it was built back in 60's perhaps. Settling more than likely being one of the biggest problems, but the floor had many issues, plenty of humps and bumps as well. Donating the ice fishing gear to the Scouts is a great idea, I'm sure they'll appreciate that!   :thumbsup:
  H2...congrats to your brother/SIL on their 50th Anniversary, that's awesome!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: 
  Wally...hope you had a nice time at the wedding yesterday...anymore fishing trips to Erie planned yet?
  Mr.Ninja..looking forward to more pictures of the dredger, X2 on H2's reply about the chains...nice ride!   :thumbsup:
  Marv..safe travels back home today on the roads, hope you had a great visit with your niece.   :thumbsup:

Down to the last 60sq.ft of tile to lay...yeah!! Won't be able to complete it today as homeowner is still undecided on what type of threshold they want to use in one doorway, but there's light at the end of the tunnel now! The homeowners have been great, but I'm so looking forward to wrapping up and getting out of that basement...the cat odor has been the biggest obstacle since the start, it's just intense.
  Going to fire up the grill this afternoon and maybe get a game or two of horseshoes in with my sons. They've been working night shifts rebuilding the highways, haven't seen much of them with our schedules.
   Cawfee's on...

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9915 on: Sep 17, 2017, 05:28 AM »
Good Morning ER's 52* This morning, See radar spread that Montana Snow into Wyoming, and our Eisenhower tunnel had some there, also. Today is according to the guessers one of our cooler days.  Not much of anything on my plate, but may decide to fire up the tiller and turn some garden area over.

Just needed one more "n" Steve.

See one big rat was moving kind of slow after getting a drink, at first thought it was just a shadow.  Took a look this morning and bait doesn't look like its been touched.  :unsure: 

WW how long a trip is going to where you fished on Erie ?

Have a good day all
Bud

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9916 on: Sep 17, 2017, 05:43 AM »
Morning all,

IFF....it's a 3 & 1/2 to 4 hr trip to Erie, unfortunately a bit much to get a one day trip in  :'(  have fun playing in the garden  @)

Eddie.....probably won't be back to Erie till next year  :-\  deer season is quickly approaching & fishing kind of gets pushed to the back burner  :blink: enjoy the bbq  :thumbsup:

MrC......kudos to you for thinking of the boy scouts  :clap: :bow:  nothing better than getting a youngster interested in all the great outdoor has to offer us  ;)

WS.....hope you have a quiet day planned to get rested before hitting the jungle tomorrow  ;D

The wedding was a good time yesterday, lots of laughs  :roflmao:  hitting the road later for a bike ride somewhere  :thumbsup: 

Have a great Sunday whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9917 on: Sep 17, 2017, 06:55 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Just a quick Hello as I get ready to head off to Walmart for some groceries. Not much planned today, I have to make a run up north later and put the old boat in my sisters shed for the winter. Like Wally said, hunting is coming and fishing will be pushed off until ice comes.

Have fun at the BBQ Eddie :thumbsup: Your mention of horseshoes sure brought back some memories. My dad in his day had a 90% average throwing shoes. When he was in the army during WW2 the standing bet was $100 he could throw 90 out of a 100 ringers. He would send my Mom about $800 a month home just from his pitching. All during my younger years he and a partner were in the local horseshoe league, and for about 10 years they would take the 1st place trophies. I played in the mens league for 4  years when I was in high school but could never get better than 48% ringers. Thanks for bringing back some fond memories!

I am being called, time to go.

Best of luck if hitting the lakes :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #9918 on: Sep 17, 2017, 07:04 AM »
Good morning ER's!! This is the start of my weekend, so plenty of time to go through all of the new posts on the Shanty as it re-awakens from it's summer nap!! Great to see all the new activity!! We've been holding the fort down for ya!!  ;D It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it!! I hope everyone has a great day at their choosing!! Coffee's on and plenty of sausage, taters, and eggs!!! ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9919 on: Sep 17, 2017, 07:06 AM »
Good Morning. Some fog again this morning but weather for the next week or so doesn't look too bad.
The party was a good time. Saw lots of friends that I hadn't seen in awhile. On the way to the village had a bear cross the road. First one the wife has ever seen.
Glad the wedding was a good time for you WW. Enjoy your ride and be safe.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9920 on: Sep 17, 2017, 04:12 PM »
Was watching Rockies game and rain has moved in so the tarp is on the infield.  Found one small rat dead and a big one dying in the yard.  No idea how many to go.

Janice is happy, her Kansas City Chiefs out lasted the Eagles.

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9921 on: Sep 18, 2017, 03:07 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

50 cloudy degrees heading to 64 later on.

Hope you all had a good weekend. The weather here turned cool for the last couple of days but they are promising 80’s and humidity again by Thursday :cookoo:

Looking forward in hearing how IW’s week went, trusting he and Mrs IW had an exciting time on their vacation :thumbsup:.

We have a couple of town home projects for the week that we will be getting early starts on. I will check in when I can.

Good luck if heading for the lake, stay safe!

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9922 on: Sep 18, 2017, 05:11 AM »
Morning all,

Heading to MA this morning for the week. My d-i-l is out of town for work so lending my son a hand with the kids  ;D  Hope everyone has a good week working or playing. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9923 on: Sep 18, 2017, 08:23 PM »
Hope by now its Miller time Marv, get the townhouse work done ?

Another lazy day put off taking in boat out.  And another rat bit the dust :o Trap got it.

Have a good visit Mrs WW. 
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9924 on: Sep 19, 2017, 01:17 AM »
Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 63* this am, high of 80 expected again today.
  We've been starting at 4am doing the terrazzo yesterday and today, possibly tomorrow as well. Finished up the tile work yesterday, just some grouting left to do now.. :thumbsup:

Marv...hope you and the crew have a safe day on the townhouse job today Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...enjoy the week with your grandchildren, hope you had safe travels to Mass... :thumbsup:

Running short on time again, will catch up to you all this evening!    Cawfee's on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9925 on: Sep 19, 2017, 05:38 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                        It's 60* and clear here on my hill a nice day ahead!
                        Eddie.........That's a real early start, how long will you be doing that? ???
                        I have to take some time a read through the post from last week to see what I missed, it might take me
                 sometime to do. My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful week in Old Orchard Beach Maine, the weather was picture
                 perfect for most of the week. We had two days of morning fog, we were going to go on a whale watch but was
                 cancelled do to the fog, we'll get it in next year. Every morning I would go to a 7-11 and get a coffee for us then
                 we walked the beach combing it to try to find shells, one morning I was fortunate to find a Sand Dollar fully in tact
                 for my wife, she brought an array of sea shells and sea glass home! The week seemed to go by to quickly, my wife
                 didn't want to leave but she missed her dog, Odie!
                        Wally.......Enjoy your week with the grandkid
                        Bud.........Did you find another part time job?
                        I hope everyone is well and had good days out on the water!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9926 on: Sep 19, 2017, 06:19 AM »
Good Morning. Wife had me put the window fans back in last night and I didn't say "I told you so". After next week they will be back out....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9927 on: Sep 19, 2017, 07:56 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Nothing to report on part time job.  Would think something seasonal would show up. Holidays are not that far off.

See the fall colors are in full swing in the high country on the news.  Stores are in panic mode getting the holloween displays out.

See the rat/mice bait is still disappearing, Put some tools up for sale, no inquires on those.

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9928 on: Sep 20, 2017, 03:21 AM »
Morning Everyone :bow:

Quick Hello Before heading to the jungle. We should be able to wrap up our town home job today and maybe squeeze in one other small job. This morning is wind, rain, lightening and hail. Not sure if there was any damage time will tell.

Welcome back IW :clap:

Bud how about driving a school bus? I couldn't handle it but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Hope you all have a good day if hitting the water, or heading out to the woods. :thumbsup: Above all be safe!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9929 on: Sep 20, 2017, 03:28 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  Calm and 64* this am, high of 75 expected today. Back to the regular 6-2:30 work hours the rest of the week, finished up all our demo yesterday.
  Marv...good luck on finishing up today, try to stay dry Sir! Hope you and the crew have a safe day!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...welcome back! Glad to read you had good weather conditions on your trip, sounds like you had a great time! Did you get a chance to wet a line while you were there?
  Bud...we'll be resetting the traps down at our shop again, have been seeing more of those nasty little rodents running around as well. Did you ever check out that hardware store for part time work?
  H2...good luck with the fishing if you're heading out today! 

Finished up all the grouting on that tile floor yesterday, just a little final clean up today to remove some of the light haze and buff the tile clean.
  Planning on a trip to the Salmon River this weekend now. May end up doing a solo run as my sons are working night shifts.
  Well, time to get ready for 8 more.....cawfee's on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.