Author Topic: Premier Ice Fishing & Hunting Rig  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Premier Ice Fishing & Hunting Rig
« on: Oct 11, 2007, 07:06 AM »
this looks sweet!
wonder how yould register it   
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Premier Ice Fishing & Hunting Rig
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2007, 08:41 AM »
i wonder how you would go about getting that thing up out of the ice if you did go thru? Looks nice.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline munchy71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2007, 08:48 AM »
i wonder how you would go about getting that thing up out of the ice if you did go thru? Looks nice.

I believe they're made to float...

-Munchy
Rod Woten

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2007, 08:51 AM »
I believe they're made to float...

-Munchy

I think you are right. I think I remember seeing a post about this craft last year.  Showed it going through and driving out. I wonder how it would work in the slush and deep snow?  A lawn tractor would work on the ice shown in the vid!

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2007, 09:56 AM »
i see that it looks like it floats. but once you dunk it thru and are sitting there bobbing in the hole you just made then what? the wheel base looks like its 10' long. Is that supposed to help in driving out of the hole? Seems like the tires would have to be studded with 2" studs to drive that thing out?i have put my 4 wheeler thru in shallow water and trying to get the front wheels back over the lip of the ice is nearly impossible without a wench.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2007, 09:59 AM »
Theres a video on their site - depending on the situation you can just drive it up onto the ice or it might take a slight tug of a rope. The video is pretty neat and they seem like a nice investment if you have $10k laying around... but I personally could find better things to spend that kind of money on. :)

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2007, 03:29 PM »
I looked at them at an outdoor show last spring and the guy said that in order to back out of water on to the ice you had to buy an option that extended the wheels out farther behind the machine. It was a spendy option. I think they also had a track kit to extend out beyond the rear that was spendy also. They did have a film though showing them driving onto 1" of ice, drilling holes and fishing. Cool machine but the price on the one I looked at was $12k. They also said it could be used as an ATV, but it looked like as long as it is, it would be high centered a lot.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.