Author Topic: not good at all  (Read 2879 times)

Offline chilly feet

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got bait?
not good at all
« on: Feb 14, 2006, 07:54 AM »
i had surgery yesterday morning,to have two of my
wisdom teeth removed.the doc told me to lay on
the couch all week so i don,t rip my stitches out.
just when you get some cold weather to make some
ice again,your stuck on the flippin couch. :'( :'( :'(
any way,can somebody at least show me your fish.
that will make me feel better. ;D

Offline slabcrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: not good at all
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2006, 08:16 AM »
I think your doctor's instructions are a little overboard; whats the difference if you're laying down or standing up walking around??????????  My wife got 2 pulled last week and she's back to normal 1 day later.  Go fishin!

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2006, 10:25 AM »
I think your doctor's instructions are a little overboard; whats the difference if you're laying down or standing up walking around??????????  My wife got 2 pulled last week and she's back to normal 1 day later.  Go fishin!
i agree...nothing helps reduce pain and swelling better than a good old fasion cold pack. so why not venture out onto some hard water and ''chill'' out  ???. what does he think youre gonna do...catch fish with your teeth???

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME...FISH CAUGHT WITH TEETH BY A TRAINED PROFESSIONAL

Snot Rocket...Out!!!
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline tomg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2006, 11:26 AM »
Dude! I had four taken out and had to have some of my jaw bone broke to get two of them out.  The doc said take a days rest and do what you think you can do.  He stressed ice packs too.  I was working loading pallets by hand, lifting 60 pound crates two days after surgery. I had stitches also. It was hard the first two days but it wasn't bad enough to prevent me from missing work.
Ice fishing would have been a breeze.

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2006, 01:20 PM »
I remember when I had 2 out, played softball the next day.
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2006, 01:24 PM »
Codeine should help ya....I had all four removed at once and that's what they gave me...pop a couple and then hit the ice.  Just be careful when running power augers and other heavy machinery!

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2006, 01:28 PM »
I had mine out during the summer and it wasnt too bad as long as you keep up with the medicine. Couple days and you will feel fine!!!

Offline Reel Wet Ride

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ft. Myers, Florida!!! WHAT?
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2006, 01:33 PM »
I think your docs' feeding you a croc of ......
I had 4 popped out all at once and I was only down for one full day after. After that, I took some "vacation days" and spent every hour of daylight on the water. But for the next few hours, I'd put bags of frozen peas on your face.....soooooo niiiiice.
Falling through the ice means driving home naked!

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2006, 01:53 PM »
i think your all full of crap for having the teeth pulled in the first place.if a dentist told you to jump off the bridge would you jump?Dont take those teeth out unless they absolutely have to be pulled.I too made that mistake yrs ago and now if i would have left them the gap between my two front teeth would have been closed by the pushing of the rear teeth that are now gone forever.God gave you teeth for a reason!That leads us to the next question.......is there really a god???haha

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2006, 02:32 PM »
I had 2 IMPACTED pulled a while back they were in there sideways and I got the day off of work. Worst part was that nasty taste in my mouth and my breath stunk BAD!!

Offline flagrunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2006, 03:09 PM »
Go fishing you'll have more fun,had all four of mine pulled,ate dinner later that same day.

Offline chilly feet

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got bait?
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2006, 04:42 PM »
its not like i'm a wuss  or anything,i just don't
want to prolong the healing process.the doc said
they were worst impacted teeth he has seen in
a while.there is a heck of a hole back there.i feel great.
i dont want to screw things up.

Offline Coastie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 14, 2006, 04:42 PM »
SnotRocket cheered me up ;D Sorry about your teeth but you should go fishin anyway I got my wisdom teeth ripped from my head in boot camp and a day later I was doing push ups. No stitches. I think that was a little more extreme!

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 14, 2006, 06:36 PM »
SnotRocket cheered me up ;D Sorry about your teeth but you should go fishin anyway I got my wisdom teeth ripped from my head in boot camp and a day later I was doing push ups. No stitches. I think that was a little more extreme!
hey coastie, got all 4 mine out in the "military'' too. back in 1991 in Gulf war needed mine out. drove me 100+ miles in unairconditioned van to ''field hospital''. there was a dentist chair set up on plywood platform in middle of tent. novocaine to each tooth,bone-n-blood flying everywhere. and to add insult to injury the dentist was pushing down so hard on my cranium that the chair kept breaking, flinging back...15 minutes later back in the van toreturn to base. sounds like one of those ''walked to school uphill...bothways'' stories but its true. I was out of commission several days. :%$#!:

Snot Rocket...out!

Offline bwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • To fish or not to fish...is a stupid question
« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2006, 12:19 AM »
its not like i'm a wuss  or anything,i just don't
want to prolong the healing process.the doc said
they were worst impacted teeth he has seen in
a while.there is a heck of a hole back there.i feel great.
i dont want to screw things up.

Follow your doctor's instructions.  Don't want dry socket or infection.  Don't want to scare you or anything, but an infection in the mouth can turn really really ugly (Google sepsis)

As an RN in an ICU, we get all sorts of folks who didn't err don't follow the MD's instructions.
The moon is much smaller than the earth, however, it is much farther away.

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2006, 11:58 AM »
Iam not a doctor, drink wiskey and got fishing!
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Get off the couch and go fishing.  My buddy had his appendix out and was fishing 2 days later.

Offline jigmasterjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2006, 04:57 PM »
ive had four surgeries on my jaw and i was fishing the next day, heck even the same day. i just popped away on the vicoden the oral surgeon gave me and was fine

Offline Kodiakman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start everyday as if it has a purpose.
« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2006, 07:38 PM »
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled at once back in highschool.  They were growing in horizontal and had compacted my teeth.  I was back at school the next day and even made it to football practice to crack a few helmets (a little Teenage superman complex :flex: )...I ended up missing the game because my mouth piece had rubbed the stitches out an I got Dry Socket.  :-[

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #19 on: Feb 15, 2006, 07:45 PM »
i had surgery yesterday morning,to have two of my
wisdom teeth removed.the doc told me to lay on
the couch all week so i don,t rip my stitches out.
just when you get some cold weather to make some
ice again,your stuck on the flippin couch. :'( :'( :'(
any way,can somebody at least show me your fish.
that will make me feel better. ;D
baaaaah, get out, and get some fresh air.  nothin better for ya.  maybe a bud can drag you out on a sled.  i got jumped once, almost died, and was out fishing 2 nights later hahahaaa.  i fell down a couple of times, but a buddy was there to help me up (true story)  i healed very fast, i believe because of the fresh air
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #20 on: Feb 15, 2006, 08:11 PM »
You may hit it perfect! And be back in bussiness just intime for the cold snap!

Offline tommyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 15, 2006, 08:24 PM »
hey coastie, got all 4 mine out in the "military'' too. back in 1991 in Gulf war needed mine out. drove me 100+ miles in unairconditioned van to ''field hospital''. there was a dentist chair set up on plywood platform in middle of tent. novocaine to each tooth,bone-n-blood flying everywhere. and to add insult to injury the dentist was pushing down so hard on my cranium that the chair kept breaking, flinging back...15 minutes later back in the van toreturn to base. sounds like one of those ''walked to school uphill...bothways'' stories but its true. I was out of commission several days. :%$#!:

Snot Rocket...out!

I had a Navy Doctor rip mine out as well.  He was a new officer, and I was his first attempt at removing some impacted wisdom teeth.  I don't know if they are all done this way, but he drilled a line across my teeth so he could slip in a screwdriver-looking device in the slot and twisted to break the tooth in half.  Only problem was this guy had butterfingers.  First, his hand slipped off of the tool and drilled me in the eye.  Then, to compensate for his lack of grip, he ended up using his elbow across my face for some leverage.  It was the only time I left the dentist's office with a black eye.

And as for what you can do afterwards, he said it was up to me.  If I took the pain medication he prescribed (percoset, I believe), I had to take the rest of the day off.  Otherwise, I was free to return to duty.  In hindsight, it probably wasn't the best choice I have ever made, but I spent the afternoon on the rifle range re-qualifying.  Still made expert though....

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Feb 15, 2006, 09:23 PM »
I had a Navy Doctor rip mine out as well.  He was a new officer, and I was his first attempt at removing some impacted wisdom teeth.  I don't know if they are all done this way, but he drilled a line across my teeth so he could slip in a screwdriver-looking device in the slot and twisted to break the tooth in half.  Only problem was this guy had butterfingers.  First, his hand slipped off of the tool and drilled me in the eye.  Then, to compensate for his lack of grip, he ended up using his elbow across my face for some leverage.  It was the only time I left the dentist's office with a black eye.

And as for what you can do afterwards, he said it was up to me.  If I took the pain medication he prescribed (percoset, I believe), I had to take the rest of the day off.  Otherwise, I was free to return to duty.  In hindsight, it probably wasn't the best choice I have ever made, but I spent the afternoon on the rifle range re-qualifying.  Still made expert though....
tommyboy...i feel your pain. stories sound surreal but are true. it is the military way

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #23 on: Feb 16, 2006, 03:16 PM »
wow, no wonder everyones scared of the dentist! here's my story. where i used to work, we got dental insurance. good deal. the kids got braces they didn't need, i just paid the difference. i thought the dentist knew best. got my teeth cleaned every 6 mo. no cost. great. i was in my early 30's. didn't have my wisdom teeth. ex wife says next time have them check it out. so i did. x rayed my head, says you're wisdom teeth are there, they just aren't growing. gotta cut 'em out. they'll grow into you're sinuses. i says that don't sound like fun. he says "it's not the big deal everyone says. we'll numb you up, you won't feel a thing, just a couple black eyes". at the time i was planning a bear hunting trip, and i didn't want to be feeling bad, but i told him to go ahead. then i checked the insurance book, did the math and got to thinking. why should i pay this guy 500 bucks to hurt me? my teeth don't bother me now. i can wait till they give me trouble, go to the hospital, knock me out, major medical pays for it all. that was 22 years ago. i still don't have any wisdom teeth, and i still have all my teeth but 1. always get a second opinion. IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.   

Offline slabcrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #24 on: Feb 16, 2006, 06:04 PM »
I had all four of mine out at once; wished I had a video of me doing the crab walk down the hall and my sister peeing in her pants laughing at me!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline fish boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 16, 2006, 06:27 PM »
That sucks, but I feel your pain or at least my pain.  Went fishing last weekend and brought my ice covered shanty to work to thaw it out in our heated work shop.  Picked it up to slide it in the door and heard a nice pop and have been laying on my back since it happened on Monday!  went to the chiropractor yesterday and it is starting to come around but now I have a zinger of a head cold! :(.  So I have been sitting at home watching the Olympics and going insane!  Weather is supposed to stink here this weekend anyway.  hope your teeth feel better soon and catch one for me when you go.

T

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #26 on: Feb 16, 2006, 06:49 PM »
fishing can cure anything. I have the tendancy to get the stomach flu every single year, when I was in  florida my mom would send me out the back door with a fishing rod so I wouldnt stink the house up with body fluids.

I would go ice fishing right out of the hospital from concusions, fresh air can be amazing. I say you go fishing.

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Feb 16, 2006, 10:55 PM »
fishing can cure anything. I have the tendancy to get the stomach flu every single year, when I was in  florida my mom would send me out the back door with a fishing rod so I wouldnt stink the house up with body fluids.

I would go ice fishing right out of the hospital from concusions, fresh air can be amazing. I say you go fishing.

~Neal
LMAO  ;D nothing like topic of body fluids to brighten my day!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.