Author Topic: This Sucks  (Read 1606 times)

PIKEGUY

This Sucks
« on: Jan 26, 2005, 07:44 AM »
My (laid off) buddy just called me at work and yells "I just caught a 5 pound walleye and I've only been here ten minutes" How mean is that? I'm stuck at work just like most of you guys and those lucky fellers are catchin all our fish  ;)    :'( :'( :'(

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: This Sucks
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2005, 08:13 AM »
Sounds like you got a bad cough, better go home.  ;) ;)
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

PIKEGUY

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2005, 08:18 AM »
 I think I'm gonna :sick: :sick:. I gotta go.  ;D

Offline Gator-Bait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Hear they Taste like Chicken
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2005, 09:22 AM »
I think I hear you mother calling you you better go home!!!
P.S. ON the way home drop by and make sure you drill a hole on each side of your buddies hole! LOL  8)
Pull my Finger not my Leg

Offline Bobman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Free Speech Advocate #000020
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2005, 10:45 AM »
Hate to say it PIKEGUY but if I was in your friend's shoes I'd do the same thing  >:(.  You gotta get your digs in when the opportunity presents itself  ;D!
There's a hole in my ice!

PIKEGUY

« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Ah, I got no beef with him. He's comin home early then I'm leaving work at 1:30 and we're going back out  ;D

Offline twodoggs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice hard, so fish hard.  but keep it fun.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2005, 01:51 PM »
hey good for him of course I am one of those guys.  Please remember that most of us who have the winter off to ice fish do not get much time the rest of the year.  we work sun up to sundown and sometimes break out the lights.  our vacation is freeze up.  not looking for simpathy but my buddies call me at work in the summer and tell me how fishing is and in the fall how hunting is and that I should be there.

Offline SLIPPERYFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Got to get on the ice
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2005, 02:49 PM »
I have the luxury of leaving work early when i need to go fishing...... I was going today but a problem came up and i had to stay... I know how you feel!

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2005, 05:35 PM »
Thats what buddies are for.Call you and rub your nose in it.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline Lottie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pa. Goat Boy member
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2005, 08:35 PM »
I have a few friends that do the same thing to me.  But I think its worse looking out the window of my office and see them fishing and I'm talking to them on the phone at the same time.  So close but yet so far :'(

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2005, 11:07 PM »
I love to call my brother-in-law in Texas while I am on the ice here in NE WI and it is zero with a warp 7 wind and I just nailed a nice pike. It may be 75 in Austin but it still brings a tear to his eye. :tipup:
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2005, 11:38 PM »
well im over here in western ny and that brings an ice cube to my eye lol   -3 without the wind ahhh almost summer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.