Author Topic: open to opinions!  (Read 1332 times)

Offline firsticerules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get out be happy!
open to opinions!
« on: Jan 23, 2005, 09:43 AM »
i am looking to buy an under water camera and i wa looking at the atlantis AUW-502 under water sportscam. can anyone give me ideas on how well it works in the cold and other positives or negatives.

Thanks alot.

heres a link http://www.atlantiscamera.com/product-pages/menu-systems.html

also open to sugggestion of any other cameras would be usefull to

FORGET MILK.......GOT ICE?

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
Re: open to opinions!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2005, 01:39 PM »
I have seen a number of those units on the ice and they work fine. I dont think they have any lights on the camera so you would need super clear water all the time. All the cameras being made now are very well made so it is word of mouth and personal prefferance. There is always going to be horror stories, but most are very good.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2005, 02:07 PM »
I watched a guy with the Aqua View on the ice last week and it was fantastic.
He claimed it has an infrared light and all I can say for sure is you could see perfect under the snow covered ice. Only problem was the screen is tough to see in bright light unless it is covered or inside the shanty.
Real nice unit and I was amazed at the fish we saw. The camera part is like a little pearch and I wonder what will happen when a big Pike or Musky decides to take a bite.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline firsticerules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get out be happy!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2005, 08:52 PM »
thanks guys i think i will keep searching for one but money is an issue so i will have to look carefully.

thanks again ;D

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2005, 12:18 AM »
Make sure'n check out eBay.  Sometimes you can get burned, but if you do your research on the person you're buying from, most of the time it works out ok.  I've heard alot of good comments as far as the Atlantis' durability, but the viewing quality leaves something to be desired, & no lights kinda sux.  They are good units, though.

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline Gator-Bait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Hear they Taste like Chicken
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2005, 07:28 AM »
You can get a Aqua Vu Scout for under 200.00 at Cabala's your might save a few dollars else where but the quality and lights with 5 inch screen are nice. It may take a little more time to save up for but it's like tools you can buy a Quality or re buy it  again later. Of course I am a little bit influenced by the fact that I use a aqua vu scout and works good for me in and out of shack. Of course water clarity is aways a factor! Good Hunting and only problem with TV's is your watching them more and fishing less!!! 8) 8) 8) :tipup:
Pull my Finger not my Leg

Offline firsticerules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get out be happy!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2005, 02:07 PM »
ya i was also looking at the scout too looks like a neat unit. might need to take a drive soon and search.
thanks

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2005, 08:45 PM »
Make sure you call before you go.  Everyone in the Twin Cities is out of them.  I know all the Gander Mountains in my district are.  They are very hard to come by.

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.