Author Topic: what a night  (Read 999 times)

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
what a night
« on: Jan 21, 2005, 07:41 PM »
well to start out with ,40 degrees no wind,usually i would fish my permanant for the night bite but my buddy says"it to nice to sit here,lets go exploring,thats why i brought the snowmobile."I really didnt wanna but thought "what the heck,it nice out!!"He wants to head to the east end of the lake"2 miles",so i suggest trailering to that area and unloading,but remember,its awsome out,so we HAVE to ride the sled.we get there and set up,and mark fish almost imiediatly.ALMOST as quick the wind come up.not just a little but 50 mph gusts!!!we fish and laugh about the situation until i stand up and we about lose the shack(an otter cabin)laughing about it,we continue to fish.NOT A BITE!!well now its time to pack up,i stay put while he folds up the shack without much problem.the i procede to step in a hole i had drilled earlier and about broke my leg.he got everything loaded up and we headed out.after a half mile we look back to see the shack upside down and basically paracuteing behind us.we stop and manage to flip it over to discover that the heater is busted,there is a rod missing,the auger had been dragging  along cuz i tied it to a seat.after repacking he heads back to look for the missing rod while i drink a litle shnapps .after returning we made it back to the vehicle without incident.then i hook my stocking cap on a branch and poof it was gone.wind took it to parts unknown.What i cant figure out is with all this mayhem,we were laughing so hard we had tears in our eyes.well,gotta go ice my leg and drink a cold one.

stump

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • love them square tails!!!!
Re: what a night
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2005, 07:45 PM »
hehe maybe it was the shnapps ;D 
I hope it was the rootbeer kind mmmmmmmmmmm :tipup:
Anthony

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2005, 08:14 PM »
That kinda sounds like one for the books ;)
            Jim

Jeff Heiple

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2005, 02:18 AM »
I feel for ya, I've been there too !  :)

Offline TJC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LAKER TAKER
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2005, 02:55 AM »
OH NO THAT STINKS, HEAL UP FAST AND GET BACK ON THE ICE SOON

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2005, 02:57 AM »
I think everyone's had those days.  I think that's half the "fun" of ice fishing: ya never know what yer gonna get!

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.