Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607810 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15510 on: Apr 14, 2019, 05:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm winds and 44* this am, high of 57 here today. Looks like some more rain moving in this afternoon and hanging around for a day or so.

Steve...wow, it warmed up nicely in your area yesterday! It hit 73* here yesterday, but it was probably closer to 80 down in the Albany area where I was working as well. Beautiful Spring weather...hope you had a chance to enjoy it!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...sure has been a crazy ride with the weather conditions this year out there! I was listening to a guest that George Noory had on Coast To Coast during the week. He claimed the reasons behind much of the crazy weather we’ve been experiencing, is that the Earth has had enough and is purging itself of all the nasty things put into it. Hope the Spring weather arrives soon out there.    :thumbsup:
   Wally...shoot, sorry you had to shorten your getaway. glad there was no tornado’s in the area! Hope you had safe travels back!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...will keep you posted on the grandkids project with the seeds, they sure are anxious to see who’s seeds are going to pop up first, lol. That sure is one sweet baitcaster your S-I-L purchased....she’ll be ready to take on the Pro’s in no time! Best wishes to her this season...keep us posted!   How was the smelt fry?   :thumbsup:
  Tom... hope everything went well for you yesterday at the property, hopefully the warmer Spring weather will be arriving soon there as well.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...have the boys been out on that crappy lake ice fishing still? The last of the ice on another local lake disappeared yesterday, I’m now guessing the frost is gone from the ground here. It usually works that way.  Great job on the A1-C levels!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45...hope you’re feeling better today Sir!   :thumbsup:

The fireplace job went well all things considered. It probably should have all been torn down and rebuilt, but the homeowner just wanted it to be good enough to function again and not an eyesore....selling the property. We got 90% of it done, they will finish up the rest of it this am. Finished up by 4pm, still had a few hours to get some things done around the house.
  Going to try and catch up with the To Do List shortly....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Iceshanty
Guests: 198
Hidden: 0
Users: 10

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15511 on: Apr 14, 2019, 07:33 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

30 degrees heading close to 50 today, with a wet week coming up.

Eddie good going on the fireplace :thumbsup: It's always hard when people want to just fix up something that has seen it's better days. I bet you got it looking good :clap:

IW hope your evening with #2 was fun, I bet it was a good time :thumbsup:

WW hope the venture toward home went problem free :thumbsup: How did your Butt hold up?

mr.clean I will try and keep pictures in mind, they don't take a lot, as fishing out of the kayak with all their gear it keeps it cramped. Of course everything is released so they try to get the fish back in the water as soon as they can. She knows there isn't a guarantee a new reel will get her a big fish, but she knows more problem free casts add up to a better chance.

The smelt fry as always was excellent, the guys really do a bang up job.

I am being summoned for a Walmart trip so I will check in later.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15512 on: Apr 14, 2019, 08:15 AM »
The snow is starting to the south. Hopefully it does not stick to the roads as we have to go to the city tomorrow.

We got some of the work done at the other place. If my son was not doing most of the work I would have not got much done as my hip got the best of me. The xrays the other day did not show any major problem other than some artritis. I will be going to my pain clinic tomorrow while we are in the city to get an appointment.

Marv. That reel is back wards. I could not use that reel unless I used it up side down. I cast right handed and reel left. The few times I was on the big lake trolling I was just a passenger after I missed  fish grabbing the rod right handed with a right hand crank reel.
Smelt sounds good. I have not had any since I got hooked on turkey hunting back in the 80's. I found that I could not dip and clean smelt then be in the woods at day light chasing turkeys. We have very few to no smelt in Lake Michigan now. Where there are smelt on the east side of the state there is a limit on how many you can take in a night. I guess I could by some frozen ones to try to get a fix. My hunty buddy did it he said they were not bad but not as good as fresh.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15513 on: Apr 14, 2019, 09:53 AM »
Played plumber again this morning, changed out the vanity sink faucet, after two attempts to fix the drip with new stems.  Got lucky, and no leaks.

Think I owe myself some recliner time in front of the TV.  Then a tour out to the boat.
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #15514 on: Apr 14, 2019, 07:21 PM »
The snow is starting to the south. Hopefully it does not stick to the roads as we have to go to the city tomorrow.

We got some of the work done at the other place. If my son was not doing most of the work I would have not got much done as my hip got the best of me. The xrays the other day did not show any major problem other than some artritis. I will be going to my pain clinic tomorrow while we are in the city to get an appointment.

Marv. That reel is back wards. I could not use that reel unless I used it up side down. I cast right handed and reel left. The few times I was on the big lake trolling I was just a passenger after I missed  fish grabbing the rod right handed with a right hand crank reel.
Smelt sounds good. I have not had any since I got hooked on turkey hunting back in the 80's. I found that I could not dip and clean smelt then be in the woods at day light chasing turkeys. We have very few to no smelt in Lake Michigan now. Where there are smelt on the east side of the state there is a limit on how many you can take in a night. I guess I could by some frozen ones to try to get a fix. My hunty buddy did it he said they were not bad but not as good as fresh.

Tom, they make that reel in a left handed version also! No excuse now!!  ;)2
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15515 on: Apr 14, 2019, 08:44 PM »
OS What am I going to use for an excuse for missing fish now?

It has been a long day of watching that wet stuff called snow come down. The last I measured it was 7 inches but I think it settled some. I shoveled a few times to keep ahead of it as it is real heavy. We are going to have to leave early for the wife's appointments in the morning as no telling what the roads are going to be like.

I asked this on another thread but here goes again.

If April showers bring May flowers, what does April snow storms bring?

WW I hope you did not get into that nasty stuff headed to the NE on your way home.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15516 on: Apr 15, 2019, 04:47 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 50* with light rain, we have had 1.31" of rain since yesterday afternoon. ::)
                         Eddie..........Good job on the brickwork, that's how some are doctor it up to sell and not thing of the right thing to do. :blink:
                 No more trips, the rain has raised the lake level, shore is shot. :%$#!:
                         Tom............Safe travel to your appointment this morning, hope no more snow fell overnight.  :thumbsup:.Spring snow is called white fertilizer around         
                 here!  :whistle:
                         Marv..........I love smelt and missed getting some this year, my mouth is watering just thinking about them. :clap:
                         Bud...........Recliner time is an always well deserved rest from hard work. :woot:
                         Wally........ Safe travels home. :thumbsup:
                         I didn't do much yesterday, made a dump run, made my jerkey marinade and processed some venison for the dehydrator. And watched the end of the
                Masters with Tiger Woods winning his 5th Green Jacket.
                         Not much going on today with the rainy weather in the forecast.
                         I hope everyone has a great Monday either at work or out if you can be.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15517 on: Apr 15, 2019, 05:49 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

50's today and a shot at 60 tomorrow with sunshine :thumbsup: However things get wet after that ::)

I am a little short of time this morning. I just finished my exercises and will be heading into what I believe will be my last PT appointment. I want to get a few new things to do to go along with my current folder. After that, it's just up to me to keep it going :flex:

After PT I have a small tree job to knock off and then this afternoon I have a big job to take a look at.

I hope everyone has an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15518 on: Apr 15, 2019, 06:22 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....easy does it on the tree jobs sir  :flex:  no set backs allowed  :nono:  ;)2

TT......safe travels to the city, hope the snow finds it's way out of there soon  :-\

IW.....sounds like y :-\ou really do have the one armed life figured out  :thumbsup:

IF45.....hope each day that passes finds you feeling better  ;)

Eddie.....all the rain and wind certainly puts a damper on fishing  ::)

IFF.....hope the weather straightens out and you can get the boat back in the water soon  ;)

Made it home late yesterday afternoon, had some nasty rains on the way both Saturday and yesterday  :wacko:  Saturday we drove into PA and stopped at the Flight 93 memorial very sobering place  :'(  we've visited all 3 9/11 memorials now  :(  :(  :(   spent Saturday night in PA then finished the drive home yesterday. Mother Nature sure can impact one's plans, as we all know  :whistle: 

Found PA the highest for gas at around $2.99 ,  NC was around $2.60, $2.81 here in town  ::)

I have to wonder 2 things......why are people so inconsiderate in hotels, slamming doors at all hours  ???   and why do people throw their trash along the road  ???

a stop @ Sonic's for ice cream

bridge heading to the Outer Banks

little guy sunning himself

one of many swamps

wisteria is everywhere

memorial

harley dealer for new battery

another dealer stop for headset issue

bbq place

sign of spring !!!

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15519 on: Apr 15, 2019, 07:01 AM »
Good Morning. 55* and light rain.
SIL and niece got here yesterday so this may be short.
WW, thanks for sharing the pictures. Glad you have found all the H D dealers. (Spring shake down ride)
About the slamming doors. They may not have them in their own homes so don't know how they work. As for the trash, when you have NO doors,everything ends up out in the yard where they think it belongs.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15520 on: Apr 15, 2019, 07:28 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Near or at 70* for today, Tueday's rain got moved to Wednesday.

WW I hope your right on getting Lake time with the boat.  Might take it to the electric only lake come the Weekend.

Marv ? another big tree job ?  Isn't retirement fun  ;)

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15521 on: Apr 15, 2019, 07:40 AM »
I have to wonder 2 things......why are people so inconsiderate in hotels, slamming doors at all hours  ???   and why do people throw their trash along the road  ???

Excellent pictures WW :thumbsup:

h2l is probably spot on. It definitely gets irritating when you hear people running up and down the hallways at 2am or as you mention the slamming doors all night :%$#!: You don't know how often the temptation when hitting the road at 5am to walk up and down the halls winding out a chainsaw after a sleepless night, I always forget to bring it. It seems every time we stay anywhere we have the same issues, that reminds me we will be in a hotel Friday night ???

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #15522 on: Apr 15, 2019, 11:29 AM »
Excellent pictures WW :thumbsup:

h2l is probably spot on. It definitely gets irritating when you hear people running up and down the hallways at 2am or as you mention the slamming doors all night :%$#!: You don't know how often the temptation when hitting the road at 5am to walk up and down the halls winding out a chainsaw after a sleepless night, I always forget to bring it. It seems every time we stay anywhere we have the same issues, that reminds me we will be in a hotel Friday night ???

WS

Remember the chainsaw this time!!  ;)2
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15523 on: Apr 15, 2019, 02:26 PM »
And ear plugs 😁

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15524 on: Apr 16, 2019, 01:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  A blustery cool start to the day here this am, 35* with winds 20-30, high of 54.
We got hit pretty good yesterday with stronger winds in the 40’s and heavy rains...tornado warnings went out for a small town not far from here slightly after 3am. Scarey thought as most were probably sleeping, thankfully it didn’t develop. Most of the surrounding areas got between 1.5-3’’ rain, streams and rivers are a mess.

Tom... wow, you got hit pretty hard with that snow out your way! Hope you had safe travels and clear roads going to the Dr.’s appointment.  :thumbsup:  What do April snow storms bring?....poor mans fertilizer and a PITA!!
  Jeff...kind of figured the lake might be breaking up by now, but it was a good long season!  :thumbsup:  How did the jerky turnout for you?
  Marv...hope your last PT session went well, continued success with the exercises!  Best of luck with your estimate on that big job.  :thumbsup:  If you don’t want to bring your chainsaw to the hotel, there’s a song by Jackyl called Lumberjack that has some good chainsaw music in it... ;D
  Wally...excellent job on the pictures, thanks for sharing! The bike looks beautiful, bet it rides even nicer!  :thumbsup:
Not sure if a congratulations is in order or not, but I think that is awesome you have now been to all 3 Memorials...very special.   :bow:
  H2...hope the visit is going well for you and your wife. Imagine the river must be cranking now with that rain and snow melt on the reservoir. Hope your sump pump isn’t doing double duty.   :thumbsup:

We lost power for a few hours yesterday, limbs apparently coming down from the winds. Early start with the hammer crew again this am... will check in at break to see how everyone is doing.
  Lots of sunflower seeds now popping up in the Grandchildren’s starter kit... ;D
  Cawfee’s on....

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15525 on: Apr 16, 2019, 05:12 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 32* a very windy, I had to push the weather cat out the door. ::)
                          Eddie.........My jerky is going great, the first batch was done by 9pm and I woke at 2 am and put the second batch in. :thumbsup:
                          Wally.........Great pictures, when ever we use got to  Harley dealer we would buy a "T" shirt from that dealer, I have 23 shirts fro 23 dealers. :woot:
              I even have one from the one farthest north one in Caribou Me. ???
                          Tom..........I hope your trip to the appointment was issue free. ???
                          Marv.........One thing a therapist told me for back issues is that you need to do exercises every day after you stop therapy. :blink: He said
              yes it a P I A but necessary.  :flex:
                          H2L..........I  hope your wife is enjoying the company you are hosting. :thumbsup:
                          Today is little Carson day, I'll be doing it alone as my wife is still visiting her mother.
                          I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out.

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15526 on: Apr 16, 2019, 05:37 AM »
 37* to start the day with rain most of the day. Where ever the sun could hit yesterday the snow is gone. I never heard that April snow was white fertilizer. We just call it a PITA. I have heard that a thunder storm would put nitrogen on the ground with the rain.

ww Great pictures especially the wisteria. My mother had a big one in her back yard. When I was in VA hunting turkeys back in the mid 90's I saw a 10 acre woods that was totally full of it clear up to the top of the trees. My nephew and I pulled some plants out of the ditch so I could bring it home. It is like a weed out there. I still have one but it is not doing well and has never really bloomed. On that trip the red bud were in bloom in the mountains on the way down and dogwood on the way home.
It is fantastic that you have visited all of the Memorial's.
When we were cooing out of the city on the xway the other day the ditches were full of trash. The farther away from the city there was less trash. Their is a program her where volunteers pick up the trash a few times a year

Yesterday trip was good as the roads were clear of ice and snow. We were early for both of her appointments. We were out of both before the appointment time. A trip to her hand surgeon is on tap for today. Tomoorrow I go to the pastic surgeon about the supposed skin cancer. That spot has been on my head for years and has never grown so I am not really concerned.

You would not need a real chain saw if they still make the toy one my brother in law bought  for my oldest son. You pulled the starter cord. Sounded realistic and annoying. To get even I bought one for his son a few years later.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15527 on: Apr 16, 2019, 06:08 AM »
Morning all,

TT.....glad the snow has mostly vanished for you  :thumbsup:  did see LOTS of redbuds in bloom also beautiful  :thumbsup:  would love to plant some wisteria, will it survive the winters  ???

H2L....enjoy the family's visit  :)   hope MrsH isn't getting worn out  :-\

IW....enjoy Carson day, looks like might be a good day to spend some time outside  ;)

WS.....hope the last PT session went well  :flex:  must be almost time to get the boat out right  ???

Eddie....the grandkids must be excited to see some "sprouts" showing  :clap:  some wild winds and rain the past couple days for sure, streams are all nothing but rushing mud everywhere now  ::) 

The pollen was terrible down south  :(  what I thought was sand along the roads and in fields turned out to be pollen  :o  a couple spots we rode thru as the wind was blowing the pollen looked like a dust storm in the air  :wacko:

Took a ride to the hatchery yesterday to see the walleye being stripped, sure was some BIG eyes in the tanks  :blink:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15528 on: Apr 16, 2019, 06:28 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

40 heading into the 60's :thumbsup: Tomorrow rain will be moving in.

Eddie thanks for the "Mason Garden Report", Man that didn't take long to get some activity :thumbsup: I bet the Grand kids are excited. I will check out "LumberJack" ;)2

IW Enjoy "Little Carson day". What kind of snacks does he get while hanging out ??? My therapist also made mention of the impotence of continuation of the daily routine.

WW as TT and Eddie said "Fantastic that you have visited all of the Memorial's"  :bow: Hope you two have an excellent day no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup:

TT best of luck to you both on the next couple of Dr. appointments :thumbsup:

Yesterdays PT went well and I was cut loose from any other appointments. He was very happy with my success and didn't have any other exercises to give me. He did say eventually I could do my exercises every other day if I wanted to work walking into my routine. He said it's hard to do better than a 2-3 mile walk.

Looking at the tree job got put off until this afternoon. I have to go you the eye Dr. this morning and see if they can fix the frames on my glasses. Yesterday I took them off and heard something pop and notice a piece had broken. I think they can glue it, we will see.

I am also heading up to the s-i-l's house later and pick up a bunch of sticks. This last heavy snow knocked down a ton of twigs and small branches so I might as well get them picked up for her.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15529 on: Apr 16, 2019, 06:32 AM »
33* with a breeze. The lake has come up 6 feet since 4/10. There is still some ice along the beach area, but it is floating so it should be down river later today. Lots of junk out in the lake already. Ice on the lake is about gone. Sunday evening the water temp was 42 and last night it was 37.

Went out to dinner last night. 5 women and me. Today I am taking the wife's car in for a oil change/check-up. It is nice the SIL and niece come up but it is also nice when it is time to leave. My niece and I are some what different, like yesterday they were talking about marriage. She is in her 50's, school teacher, living at home with her mother. The FIVE of them were talking about men in there lives. My daughters aren't married but have boyfriends. The niece has had one boyfriend (when she lived in Europe) when asked why none here she says, American men only like two things, TRUMP and they all eat meat. I almost choked on my steak.

Eddie, hoping the sump pump doesn't get to run. The lake has to get real high to get close to my basement level. The soil drains pretty good as it is mostly sand.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15530 on: Apr 17, 2019, 02:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  Fairly calm and 39* on the Hill this am, high of 59 today.

H2...I almost choked on my coffee reading that, great stuff!!  :roflmao: :clap: 
  Marv...excellent report from your PT, congratulations Sir!!  Darn nice of you to help out the S-I-L again.  :thumbsup:  Do the ladies have a fishing trip scheduled soon?
  Wally... thanks for the pictures again, awesome shot of those walleyes!   :thumbsup:  The streams looked like chocolate milk yesterday on the drive home, more rain coming again this week unfortunately. Any plans for another Ontario trip soon?
  Tom...glad you had safe travels to the Dr.’s, best wishes with today’s appointment.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope you had a great day with Carson yesterday, and you both got to snack on some of that fresh jerky!!  ;D  :thumbsup:     How’s that shoulder coming along?
  I-45... hope you’re starting to feel some relief from your surgery, best wishes continued for you Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Steve...hope all is going well on your end as well Sir!    :thumbsup:

If yesterday’s news down at the job was correct, we only have 3 more sections of terrazzo to take out and replace...light at the end of the tunnel finally!  It will be nice to switch gears and get on something new!   :thumbsup:
  One of these days, I hope to retire and share more things than work with you guys and gals!   ;D
  Horrible news on the fire at the Cathedral Of Nortre Dame, what a shame. Have a few family members who saw it about 15 years ago, said it was absolutely magnificent.
  Lots of seeds sprouting up in the ‘’ Mason Garden ‘’ now, lol. The grandchildren are stoked...I picked up another starter kit for them.   ;D
  Well, time to get ready for another 8....Cawfee’s on!

Guests: 218
Hidden: 0
Users: 1

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15531 on: Apr 17, 2019, 04:25 AM »
Morning all,

Heading out the door in a couple minutes......going after those big browns again  :flex: ;)2

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15532 on: Apr 17, 2019, 05:10 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Wally, ER's,
                             It's 32* and clear with a high of 60* is the forecast. The weather cat stays out longer these days! ::)
                             Wally.........You and Mr. WW are up and Adam this morning, early bird gets the fish. Good luck today. :thumbsup:
                             Eddie........It's a good thing you're doing with the grand kids. teaching a little gardening helps them in a lot of ways, good job Grandpa. :clap:
                You mentioned retirement back in another post, do you have a date set? ??? When I was working our company closed our division in NY and transferred
                us to a NH division, when we first got there they had a division meeting and the manager asked me how I was accepting the move. My reply was "I'll
                tell you in 4 years when I retire" one of the other guys asked how many days I had left, I didn't know. So when I went to the hotel I sat down and figured
                it out, it turned out it was about 1700 plus days till I turned 62, eligible for early retirement. So at the next meeting I announced the days and kept track
                of it from that time forward until I retired. 7/16/2010. :flex: It became a standard question at each meeting. :woot:
                             H2L.........I too got a chuckle out of you story with the wife's niece. :roflmao:
                             Mrv.........I tried keeping up with the exercises that the therapist gave me but lost interest, so what I did do if I knew I was going to some
                backbreaking work I started the exercises a week before so that worked well for me. :blink:
                             I have an appointment at the orthopedic this morning to get my stitches out and line up PT appointments. My shoulder is feeling OK at this point.
                             I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15533 on: Apr 17, 2019, 05:12 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, WW! Good morning everyone :bow:

51 heading into the 60’s with rain later this morning.

WW good luck on the water today. I hope the browns are looking to eat :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie it’s always interesting reading about your day at work. Soon there may even be a "Mason Fashion Report"  :thumbsup: The girls have been talking a lot about fishing, but not sure when yet. I was told last night that I will not be working on my "To do List" 5 days a week this summer. It seems they have some ideas that involve me, more on that later.

IW hope your "Carson Day" went well :thumbsup:

I am pushed for time this morning as I have a rheumatologist appointment first this this morning. With all the construction going on it will take me 1 hr + to get there.

Morning IW!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15534 on: Apr 17, 2019, 05:26 AM »
39* this morning. The 70's guessed for this week end have been dropped to the 60's. Only time will tell if they drop some more. Yesterday I got part of the mess that the plow made in my yard plowing the snow last weekend. There is still a lot of gravel that needs put back in my drive way.

The wife's appointment went well yesterday. After seeing the doctor she saw the head of therapy. He is supprized at how well she is coming getting her thumb to work. She has been working hard at it.

My appointment today is for what has been diagnosed as skin cancer. If it is I am wondering why it has never spread as the spot has been there for years. I should have had my doctor ahve the blood test done that tells if you have cancer in your body.

ww Good luck on the browns. We used to have alot of football browns around the pier heads years ago in the spring. I have not heard any thing about them lately. The Michigan Out of Doors guys were at the walleye egg take on the Muskegon river last week filming. I will let you know when it is on thier show so you can see it.

H2l I am sure you were being carefull of what you added to the conversation being out numbered 5 to 1. That was not good odds for you. I know that I watch what I say when I am out numbered.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15535 on: Apr 17, 2019, 05:44 AM »
Good morning, signs of Spring becoming more frequent as more trees and bushes are starting to have leaves again ,landscape crew was here yesterday mowing the lawn.
Eddie sure your crew will be glad to get away from the terrazzo. Happy the starter kit is growing and before long will be time to transfer the plants to your garden. Always a tough choice for property/home owners due you make cosmetic or full repairs/renovations before putting property/home on the market.
Wallyworld have a good trip today may you and Mr.WW tangle with some trophy size brown trout. Thank you for the photos from your trip. Some of my neighbors here at the condominium complex forget about loud noise making during late/over night hours.
Whopper Stopper good work with your PT, you should look for exercise books that might have new exercises  you can add to your routine. May any tree jobs be problem free. Hope the eye doctor was able to repair your glasses. How is your wife's eye doing the drops still working. A small air horn or loud whistle might get you in less trouble with hotel management then walking through the halls with running chain saw and still hopefully get your point across to the noise makers. Have a safe trip this weekend.
Ice Wanderer belated Birthday greetings to your wife believe Monday was the date. Glad your mother in law is still active and her vision loss has not affected her to badly. How was your day with little Carson. Enjoy the venison jerky.
Tom Turkey glad the snow  presented no travel problems for you . All the best to you and the wife with your medical issues. I think April snows bring soft/muddy ground, damage flowers and possible broken tree branches and power outages.
Hunts2long not easy being the only male in a group happy you did not choke on your dinner. I'm sure SIL and niece's visit was good for your wife's spirit.
IFF guess it was time for a new faucet if your repair attempts could not stop the leak. Best to you with the weekend fishing.
OldSailor hope all is well with and the family. If Gandolf and Annie bell are allowed outside may they not pick up any little friends.
Have a good and safe Wednesday everyone. Best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15536 on: Apr 17, 2019, 06:03 AM »
Whopper Stopper good work with your PT, you should look for exercise books that might have new exercises  you can add to your routine. May any tree jobs be problem free. Hope the eye doctor was able to repair your glasses. How is your wife's eye doing the drops still working. A small air horn or loud whistle might get you in less trouble with hotel management then walking through the halls with running chain saw and still hopefully get your point across to the noise makers. Have a safe trip this weekend.

Good morning mr.clean!

I forgot about my glasses report. I took them in yesterday and the lady looked them over and said a weld had broken. When I got new lenses a couple of weeks ago I just kept the same frames being they seemed good. The tech said there was a possibility that the manufacturer would back them, but she said it was a long shot. She made a quick call and be danged,  they said "their fault, we will get a new frame in the mail". So in about 3 days they should be here

My wife is slowly tapering down on drops. She still uses 3 different ones 3 times a day but things are heading in the right direction :thumbsup: Thanks for asking!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15537 on: Apr 17, 2019, 06:24 AM »
A cool 27* this morning. Took the wife's car in for an oil change yesterday. All is fine with the car. Only have one spot of snow to melt on the North side of the deck but I can still see snow in the woods across the road. Ice is gone on this end, and the main body of the lake. Not sure about the arm of the lake down towards the dam. The wife and youngest daughter have been "nipping" at my heels about a new puppy. Not sure they understand how much extra work it would be, FOR ME.

IW, glad to hear the PT is going well, stay with it.

WW, hope you have a good day on the water. Be safe.

TT, yes at 5 to 1 I must be on my toes. When the SIL and niece are here I have to be on my toes with my mouth shut. I won't even watch the news because, if you know who comes on the TV, they get up and leave the room. But, I can understand why they live ALONE....lol The wife enjoys it when they come for a visit so, it is all good.

Going to get some more raking done today. Water temp on the creeks has been up to 43 but last evening it was back down to 38. It is going to be a late walleye run I believe. I just like to see them done by the time season opens. (May 4th)

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15538 on: Apr 18, 2019, 01:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Light winds and 43* this am, mid 50’s for a high today.

H2...good luck with the decision on the pup. Not much for snow here anymore, a couple of pockets here and there and going fast.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...we spent the last few hours of the day yesterday outside at work...beautiful weather. Everyone was in good spirits!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...hope everything went well yesterday for you at the Dr.’s, will be looking for your report.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...won’t be long until the Spring Fashions are out, saw some early bloomers yesterday!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope those Browns were on fire yesterday! Good luck if heading back out again today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...Thank You, it’s been fun starting the garden with the grandchildren. Was hoping to retire this past January until I found out how much I would lose for going out early at 58....might be another year or two to wait.

Early start/quit day with the hammers again...running behind this am. Will check in later to see how everyone is doing!   Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15539 on: Apr 18, 2019, 04:51 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's.
                          It's 40* with rain in the forecast. ::)
                          Eddie........Only you know what you know how much you need to live on, you don't want to cut yourself short. I started researching
                 retirement when I was 50 and made financial decisions so I could retire at 62 which I did, but it took some sacrifices. :whistle:
                          Wally........Well how did you do on those browns yesterday, waiting for a good report. ???
                          Tom.........How was your Dr. visit, I hope a good report. :thumbsup:
                          Steve ......When I was in Albany yesterday I saw a lot of bloom in the Forsythias. It is nice to see signs of spring. ;D
                          H2L.........A new puppy is a lot of work but the the out come of having a good companion is a great reward. :flex: The snow is dwindling
                fast here, a few patches in my yard but the ground is real soggy. :blink:
                         Marv.........To keep up with exercises can be a pain but it's only 15 minutes of your time. And you don't have to do them everyday, maybe
                3 times a week. ???
                         Yesterdays appointment went OK the Dr. told me I should be able to do all the things I did before but no guarantees. He told me he could
                attach all of the cuff. We'll find out in a couple of months.
                         The weather cat brought in a mouse, now ?I have to try and catch it. :%$#!:
                         I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out!

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.