The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Goodbye Ice  (Read 1374 times)

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
Goodbye Ice
« on: Mar 19, 2009, 11:49 AM »
Stopped by Metacomet earlier today and I would have to say it is done.  I enjoyed the website and the advice from all the iceshanty members.  I am heading back to Ohio in the next couple of weeks to work at my golf course and just wanted to say how much fun I had icefishing here in Mass.  Not sure what next winter will bring but I wouldn't mind spending another one up here and exploring some more places and maybe trying for a northern.  Regardless of where I end up I will monitor the website to see how all of you do next year.  Thanks again and good luck in the spring and summer

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
Re: Goodbye Ice
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2009, 08:44 PM »
Good to have you around BUDICE!  Next year, you'll have to make it out with the coconut club (or a faction thereof  ;D ;D)

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2009, 08:00 AM »
Don't give up yet!  I was fishing yesterday on Long Sought For Pond in Westford.  A bunch of slush/snow ice depending on where you were, but there was at least 3 inches of black ice under that.  It's supposed to get cold overnight again tonight, so it might be safe tomorrow too.

I've got this crazy plan to access some other ice around here with the canoe, but I need to find somebody else crazy enough to try it with me in case I end up swimming...

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline Massfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2009, 08:14 AM »
Go for it guy the ice will be nice and hard tomorrow am  just like january ice, its supposed to get down to 17 degrees tonight where i am!!  WOOP WOOP 
I'm a Sucker Slaughterer!!

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2009, 08:19 AM »
Send me a message if you are heading out Saturday, I don't have anyone to go with

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2009, 08:26 AM »
If I go anywhere, it'll be either Long Sought For or my hidden crappie pond.  The crappie pond would require my crazy canoe plan, though.  I'm not even sure if anywhere around here has any bait right now.  I'll call a few places and see if I can get bait then toss you a PM.

How close are you to Westford?

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2009, 10:31 AM »
If I go anywhere, it'll be either Long Sought For or my hidden crappie pond.  The crappie pond would require my crazy canoe plan, though.  I'm not even sure if anywhere around here has any bait right now.  I'll call a few places and see if I can get bait then toss you a PM.

How close are you to Westford?

Try your pet shops.
They generally have them.
MA

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 20, 2009, 10:36 AM »
The guy in Vynal Square has bait.  He had to get it shipped in from Arkansas by FedEx he said.  He was going through Micheal's Wholesale before they got raided.  I guess he's not back up and running yet...

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2009, 04:30 PM »
Go for it guy the ice will be nice and hard tomorrow am  just like january ice, its supposed to get down to 17 degrees tonight where i am!!  WOOP WOOP 

you staying local?
, , ,

Offline Massfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2009, 04:44 PM »
May go to the valley, or comet, or take that boat and head south for some salmon and trout.  I dont know yet i still got 7 goldies swimmin i wish i could use them at my spot.   but that out of the question. 

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2009, 04:51 PM »
I went to check out Metacomet yesterday and it wasn't looking so great

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2009, 05:16 PM »
May go to the valley, or comet, or take that boat and head south for some salmon and trout.  I dont know yet i still got 7 goldies swimmin i wish i could use them at my spot.   but that out of the question. 

I might be in the valley for a bit tomorrow.  May try putting out some goldies there!
, , ,

Offline Massfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2009, 06:08 PM »
I might be in the valley for a bit tomorrow.  May try putting out some goldies there!

haha  hope ya get one there so you can show everyone up.  I don't know what to do tomorrow.  Its up in the air.

Offline arlow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2009, 08:24 PM »
Heading west in the morning

Offline Squeaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 21, 2009, 08:59 PM »
Arlow, looking forward to an update tomorrow.  I hung it up after last Sunday.  2 ponds in Westfield; Doe and Pequot.  One flag, one squeaker bass (hence the handle) and that was it.  Ran the auger dry just before I left.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.