The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Spring Clean UP!  (Read 608 times)

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
Spring Clean UP!
« on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:29 AM »
Hey all,

As I posted last year, here is my 2009 post for clean-up!  I went down to my bay this morninig and pulled out several skids and planks that were used for getting on earlier. Then hooked up the trailer and went to the spots I fished late this season and pulled out several planks and skids out of the water. Cleaned up the trash  >:( all around the places and made them look pretty again.  ;)

PLEASE... don't just leave with your gear, pickup!  It makes a huge difference when we want to get out for next year and keeps the locals respecting us Ice Fisher'people'! 

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline crazycrawler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike17.0 Steely9.8 Bass6.9 Brood8.0 Crappie17.5
Re: Spring Clean UP!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:38 AM »
Well put by the godfather of the ice !  ;D

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Great advice Flaggs!!!! :thumbsup:

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:45 AM »
I second that Flaggs
I've constantly fished Plugs in Haverhill this year and fortuntely fish within 75 yards of a trash barrel . While I am waiting for flags I pick up any garbage I see lying around the shoreline. I think I filled that barrel at least once this year. It pi$$es you off when you see this crap but we weren't all brought up the same way and hopefully we can change a couple of people's attitudes on how to despose of garbage.
I'll tell you one thing,some of the dog walkers and fisherman have made positive comments and actually helped me a few of times.
MA

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2009, 07:05 PM »
had the kids cleaning up the ice last week end. The boy needs to earn his cub scout conservation belt loop,  no better way than cleaning up the ice and protecting our resources. lots of slobs out there  :'(

Snot Rocket

I've been to both poles...have you?
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2009, 08:26 PM »
flaggs you know me chasing the trash on the ice ,thats our get away.we mneed to keep it clean so thanks flaggs for the post buddy. ;D
Keep busting those holes and re-baiting those Indian Hill's

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.