The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Sad Day  (Read 2487 times)

Offline tipupman123

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sad Day
« on: Mar 11, 2009, 04:09 PM »
i kniow some people may think its jsut an animal...but today we put down my cat of 8 years.  It may be just an animal to some but to me and my family Lucy was another person in the family.  She was 8 years old, and had cancer.  Its a sad day.  Thanks everyone

Offline bisceglia

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sad Day
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2009, 05:10 PM »
did ya put it down a hole in the ice

joking dude. i think we can all relate. i still miss o.d. he died about 3 or 4 years ago. i could always teach that dog new tricks. one of a kind that one was. a year before he got hit i had taught him to dig up stumps in the yard. sorry for the loss
all fishermen are liars, except me and you... but i'm not so sure about you

Offline thaman12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2009, 06:03 PM »
sorry to hear about that. animals are alot cooler than humans.

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2009, 07:39 PM »
i kniow some people may think its jsut an animal...but today we put down my cat of 8 years.  It may be just an animal to some but to me and my family Lucy was another person in the family.  She was 8 years old, and had cancer.  Its a sad day.  Thanks everyone

Sorry to hear about your loosing your cat, Lucy. I know how you feel.
I lost my dog two years ago also 8 years old.
That dog went hard and soft water fishing many times with me and believe me when I tell you, I still miss him.
Time heals but the memories of 8 years will always be with you and your family.
Again I share your sadness.
The Jigger
MA

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2009, 07:46 PM »
Sorry to hear that tipup. I have had and lost my share of pets through my 46 years and it's never easy. Most passed of old age but I had to put one my dogs to sleep cause he had cancer and that was by far the toughest.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2009, 09:17 PM »
they are a family member, and they have (yes Ill say it) unconditional love .
youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Offline PIKEKILLER1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2009, 09:23 PM »
OMG

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2009, 10:21 PM »
who writes (OMG) ::)  hey i know where you took those pics
youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2009, 12:18 AM »
Sorry to hear about your pet. Pets become part of the family and they always love ya unconditional not like some people I've met

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2009, 06:23 PM »
sorry bro no more suffering,n a better place. ;)
Keep busting those holes and re-baiting those Indian Hill's

Offline MASS_pike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pay your dues!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2009, 08:19 PM »
Sorry to hear that, I had to put down my cat Benny this summer, he was 14.  Sad stuff :-[

Offline tipupman123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2009, 08:23 PM »
thanks a lot guys.  It was hard day but like people have sad no more suffering and she is in a better place.  thanks everyone on here...this site really is a great place for friends  Thanks again everyone. 

Offline hoppy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 13, 2009, 05:55 AM »
sorry about your loss. my girlfriends mother had to put down one of her golden's on tuesday evening.
another cancer victim. its tough ive been there with our dog named sam. RIP buddy. he also had cancer. they become extensions of your family. pets are awesome. we have 3 cats and 3 horses currently.hope to add a dog to the mix soon. there are tons of cats out there that need homes. maybe in memory of lucy you go can save another one. goodluck.

Offline Robbw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Mar 13, 2009, 06:20 AM »
That is too bad.  Condolensces.  They are definitely like family.

Offline mazzman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Mar 13, 2009, 09:17 AM »

Sorry about your loss.   I definitely know how you feel - I had to put down my 18 year old Jack Russell last fall because he had cancer.   It is hard no matter what age when they pass on. 

Mazzmann

Offline jf5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 13, 2009, 10:34 AM »
Sorry man. We had to put our cat down in January. 16 YO.  I didn't think I would have been that upset but I was when the time came. Its never easy to loose loved ones...pets are family.

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2009, 11:10 PM »
Tipupman, I too feel your pain/sadness I had to put down my 12y/o shepard  in January. made this video to remember him by. It hit  me so   
hard it exacerbated a SEVERE bi-polar crisis.in combination of numerous other stressors  :'(...missed a month and half of hard water it was so debilitating

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/anthonymalanowski/?action=view&current=chancewintersong_0001.flv

Snot Rocket

I've been to both poles..Have you?
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline eagle86801

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 14, 2009, 05:33 AM »
 Sorry to hear about your friend. Pets are better than people. If you get pisssed at your wife , husband even friend they they stay pissed at  you for a while .  Your dog or cat forgets the incident quickly and comes back to be your buddy again pretty fast. Animals are very forgiving.  Best thing for you to do is to go to a rescue and  find a kitten or a new cat . You'll never forget the old cat but the new one will keep you busy  and a new place to devote your love.    Lots of places to find a new cat who need a good home.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #18 on: Mar 14, 2009, 09:27 AM »
Just watched your video Rocket, all I can say is "very very nice, well done".
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2009, 09:59 AM »
Just watched your video Rocket, It was very well done.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 15, 2009, 04:41 PM »
Just watched your video Rocket....what a tribute....well done

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 15, 2009, 04:52 PM »
Tipupman, I too feel your pain/sadness I had to put down my 12y/o shepard  in January. made this video to remember him by. It hit  me so   
hard it exacerbated a SEVERE bi-polar crisis.in combination of numerous other stressors  :'(...missed a month and half of hard water it was so debilitating

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/anthonymalanowski/?action=view&current=chancewintersong_0001.flv

Snot Rocket

I've been to both poles..Have you?

Thats LOVE
MA

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 16, 2009, 04:34 PM »
Snot, Tipup... I have lost 2 dogs since married with 3 kids (27 years). This is what I sent with "Princess Bailey of Bay Edge Drive" (breed registered name)  aka Bailey.
She was a 12 year old Golden who had unconditional love for every human, her whole life. I woke up on Valentines Day, to find her in her usual spot, under the kitchen table, lifeless. She had died in her sleep. (as I write this, tears fall from my face  :'(

I had to get her into the truck before the kids woke up and bring her to the vet for cremation. (back then the kids were young - 1994, she was my b-day gift from my wife, the first year we married and bought a house) I grew up with Goldens.

This was sent along with her and a plaque with the same hangs in my house with her collar. I love that dog!

"She is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. She is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. She has told me a thousand times over that I am her reason for being; by the way she rests against my leg; by the way she thumps her tail at my smallest smile; by the way she shows she's hurt when I leave without taking her. (I think it makes her sick with worry when she is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, she is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, she clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, she is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, she ignores it. When I succeed, she brags. Without her, I am only another man. With her, I am all-powerful. She is loyalty itself. She has taught me the meaning of devotion. With her, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. She has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. Her head on my knee can heal my human hurts. Her presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. She has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need her. And I expect I will - as I always have. She is just my dog."  Author - Gene Hill

Lucy will ALWAYS be YOUR cat!
Chance will ALWAYS be YOUR dog! 

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 16, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Snot, Tipup... I have lost 2 dogs since married with 3 kids (27 years). This is what I sent with "Princess Bailey of Bay Edge Drive" (breed registered name)  aka Bailey.
She was a 12 year old Golden who had unconditional love for every human, her whole life. I woke up on Valentines Day, to find her in her usual spot, under the kitchen table, lifeless. She had died in her sleep. (as I write this, tears fall from my face  :'(

I had to get her into the truck before the kids woke up and bring her to the vet for cremation. (back then the kids were young - 1994, she was my b-day gift from my wife, the first year we married and bought a house) I grew up with Goldens.

This was sent along with her and a plaque with the same hangs in my house with her collar. I love that dog!

"She is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. She is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. She has told me a thousand times over that I am her reason for being; by the way she rests against my leg; by the way she thumps her tail at my smallest smile; by the way she shows she's hurt when I leave without taking her. (I think it makes her sick with worry when she is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, she is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, she clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, she is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, she ignores it. When I succeed, she brags. Without her, I am only another man. With her, I am all-powerful. She is loyalty itself. She has taught me the meaning of devotion. With her, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. She has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. Her head on my knee can heal my human hurts. Her presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. She has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need her. And I expect I will - as I always have. She is just my dog."  Author - Gene Hill

Lucy will ALWAYS be YOUR cat!
Chance will ALWAYS be YOUR dog! 

Flaggs!

That's awesome Flaggs, I sent Tipup a PM expressing my sympathies. I had two Labrador Retrievers pass away from canine cancer within eight months of each....that floored me. I have been doing alot of voluenteer work for a gentleman walking from Austin Texas to Boston Ma. with his two dogs. Check out 2dogs2000miles.org it's about awareness for canine cancer. If you or anyone else wants more info Pm me.
Don

Offline tipupman123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 16, 2009, 07:02 PM »
that was nice flaggs.  ansd thank u again DRL

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Mar 16, 2009, 07:18 PM »
flaggs, that is awesome, bitter sweet. Tipup, how are you doing? It's amazing how these animals touch our lives isn't it? I know it sounds crazy but i think i've grieved more over chancelor, than I did when my grandfather died. It's that unconditional love they give us. I've even questioned  if it is worth having  pet because of the void left when they pass away, but ultimately the answer is a resounding yes. Hope I didn't hijack your thread tip-up.

Snot Rocket

I've been to both poles...have you?
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Mar 16, 2009, 07:24 PM »
Rocket, I had a shepherd that looked identical to your dog that i grew up with. she was 14 and died when i was 17 it was like loosing a family member i know how u feel nice video you made.

Offline tipupman123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Mar 17, 2009, 06:43 PM »
first of snot rocket you arent hijacking it at all idc what people post on it.  im doin good.  family is holdin up well.  put the last pic we took of her up as my screensaver, and backround.  still think of her a ton, i still remeber her a lot and still love her, but just tryin to move on slowly. 

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Mar 17, 2009, 06:51 PM »
first of snot rocket you arent hijacking it at all idc what people post on it.  im doin good.  family is holdin up well.  put the last pic we took of her up as my screensaver, and backround.  still think of her a ton, i still remeber her a lot and still love her, but just tryin to move on slowly. 

It will take a while. Just try to remember the good time.
MA

Offline tipupman123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Mar 18, 2009, 08:07 PM »
thats what i am doing jigger

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.