The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: fishing tomorrow  (Read 1170 times)

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
fishing tomorrow
« on: Mar 05, 2009, 09:02 PM »
Anybody been having luck at Oxbow lately?  I haven't been out anywhere much the last couple of weeks , but have work off tomorrow.  Is  the end of the year gathering still at the "bog", if so when?  I have yet to fish there (fairly new to Mass), is it worth driving out there tomorrow?  Did stop by Puffers Pond today(live right by it) for a quick evening fish and caught a couple of perch.  Nothing to brag about but felt good to be back on the ice,  ice was around 15 in.  Any advice on where to go tomorrow, sadly the season is coming to an end soon and I want to catch a few more. 

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
Re: fishing tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2009, 09:10 PM »
Anybody been having luck at Oxbow lately?  I haven't been out anywhere much the last couple of weeks , but have work off tomorrow.  Is  the end of the year gathering still at the "bog", if so when?  I have yet to fish there (fairly new to Mass), is it worth driving out there tomorrow?  Did stop by Puffers Pond today(live right by it) for a quick evening fish and caught a couple of perch.  Nothing to brag about but felt good to be back on the ice,  ice was around 15 in.  Any advice on where to go tomorrow, sadly the season is coming to an end soon and I want to catch a few more. 

It is still on for this Sunday.
MA

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2009, 09:11 PM »
It is still on for this Sunday.

And Saturday from what I gather...

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2009, 09:22 PM »
And Saturday from what I gather...

It is on for both days?
MA

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2009, 09:30 PM »
I saw close to 60 on Sunday, hope its Sat. 

Offline MASS_pike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pay your dues!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2009, 10:13 PM »
I live very close to the oxbow, and fish it often it has been pretty steady this year.  Lots of pike this year in the 15-25" range and a few bigger ones too,

Got out today for a few hours got a lil pike, along with a pretty good bass, about 2.5 lbs. 
15" of ice, close to shore along the main parking lot it can get watery on top of the ice quickly.

Not really the best pics, solo cell phone shots

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2009, 10:36 PM »
do you think the oxbow will be good enough to fish tomorrow?

Offline MASS_pike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pay your dues!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2009, 10:01 AM »
do you think the oxbow will be good enough to fish tomorrow?

Its as good as anyplace else,  guess it depends what your fishing for, #'s, size, pike?

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Was on my way to Oxbow after picking up some shiners and had to unexpectedly hit my brakes on the way there... bait bucket went flying!  Had about a gallon of water and a dozen shiners flopping on the floor of my car.   I was not happy, neither were the shiners.  Most of them were dead or dying by the time I got there, so I decided to head back home.  Guess I will try to head out there or somewhere else tomorrow and deal with the slush

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2009, 01:41 AM »
Was on my way to Oxbow after picking up some shiners and had to unexpectedly hit my brakes on the way there... bait bucket went flying!  Had about a gallon of water and a dozen shiners flopping on the floor of my car.   I was not happy, neither were the shiners.  Most of them were dead or dying by the time I got there, so I decided to head back home.  Guess I will try to head out there or somewhere else tomorrow and deal with the slush
                                                                                                                                                                                                    If they are big enough use them dead, or just jig with them , I hate it when (stuff) like that happens. I would have tried to find water water somehow. Even buy a bottle  of spring, (Just dont use the stuff from europe it will kill em ;) ;))
youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.