The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: INDIAN HILL TRIP VIDS  (Read 4684 times)

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
INDIAN HILL TRIP VIDS
« on: Mar 03, 2009, 03:56 PM »
well porter flaggs and me met up with mike's group to fish for pike.long story short we fished every type of weather you could imagine.porter and i were fighting colds and made the best of it.mike has one of the best trips ive been on and well organized.i have about thirteen vids so be ready ill try getting them all on here.i will let the other guys post pics and tell there side of the story.i think we had 14 guys and had 189 pike on the board.there was alot more fish that were not recorded.ill let the vids do the talking.i cant wait for next year.
this is how we started, ;D

then porter started it off wit ha 10.4 35 inch pike his p.b. GOOD JOB PORTER

Then i looked over to my tilt and it was up.ye haw

i didnt think it would be like this but i couldnt be every where cause there was to many flaggs so i caught the end of flaggs p.b think he was happy

then i caught this little guy my first tiger i couldnt believe it and didnt think it was.

as i was standing there i saw something on the ice small brown and running ,i said porter what the heck is that he goes go see.well i drove up to this thing and it headed straight for me.

then i heard screaming and looked over to see billy doing an indian hill trap dance around his tilt,i had to see what was up.the boy is a die hard.

then just before dark i had a flag go up and it seemed the longer you waited on a tilt it payed off when i got there it was already done turning so i hit it.

then it was dark i fished late to about 11 i wanted to get a night pike well it payed off.

then it started wind up to 50 or 60 no lie it was moving the campers ,so i went out and put my tilts in.third flag and it happened.

then i looked over tom was on the fish he had so many flags ,as i was driving  back to camp i saw him wave me over.

speaking of the wind i was talking to mike and he made a comment about billy his son, i turned and it was to good not to tape.its the new ice fishing work out,the sad thing is he made it and nuttin was on it.

then mike the owner of indian hill traps made this rocket tilt ,and yes if you put bait on it and a fish hits it the rocket goes off.

then me into the night again,im crazy but flaggs wanted in so he left his tilts in too.so while we were picking it up this is what happen .my lattest pike yet 10:37.

then as sad as it is the end.

now there is alot more of stories and action from alot of other guys i tried to get what i could but it was crazy busy so to mike and his crew you guys rock.and to flaggs and porter we will always have these times to remember.thank you all frozen shiner.i also hope you all enjoy.ps this has to be the longest post. :P
Keep busting those holes and re-baiting those Indian Hill's

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
Re: INDIAN HILL TRIP VIDS
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:11 PM »
I am going to save this one for work tomorrow..  Can't wait to see it.  I have to fish VT next year
, , ,

Offline GotABigOneYa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mark D.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:17 PM »
I am going to save this one for work tomorrow..  Can't wait to see it.  I have to fish VT next year
Great videos Chad I know what the music is for it is to blurt out all the swearing but it definitley makes the videos

Offline GotABigOneYa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mark D.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:18 PM »

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:32 PM »
couldn't wait.... just watched them.

Awesome vids chad!
, , ,

Offline tipupman123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:38 PM »
Chad...is that Billy Watkins?  It has to be.  Because i know his step-dad makes them an dit looks liek him

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:43 PM »
not sure but it has to be. ;D

Offline tipupman123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:44 PM »
Yup i just re-watched the video...thats him.  On eof my better friends at school

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:47 PM »
oh cool ;)

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:51 PM »
Billy goes to St Peter Marian... Do you know Kelly Clougherty? She my neighbor!

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:54 PM »
porter stick to the topic. :P

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:54 PM »
Billy goes to St Peter Marian... Do you know Kelly Clougherty? She my neighbor!

Haha.. I went to st peter's myself!
, , ,

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:55 PM »
porter stick to the topic. :P

this thread has been hijacked!
, , ,

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:56 PM »
Chad,

Thanks for posting the vids dude... just sick fishing... day one 82 pike were landed among 13 guys... just nuts.. I had 4 flags up at one point.. landed 3 pike ;D My best was the 10.4 lb 35 inch pike...  but I was also able to jig up 120 perch on the last day and two nice calico and a 20" pike... awesome trip and met some great guys... weather was completely nuts...from 50mph winds to 45 degree temps to wind chills below zero... the whole spectrum... my personal highlight of the trip was Flaggs reaction after catching his personal best pike after 40 years of ice fishing... just priceless... I'll post the pics tonight.. Thanks for all of the laugh Chad and for helping me clean up my mouth :P ;D  Now if I can just get rid of this cold!! :o

Oh yea and don't even get me started about Flagg's snoring  - I had to wear aviator earmuffs to sleep :P :P ::) ;D ;) unbelievable....

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:03 PM »
thats the cold I gave you during Joslin...put me down..sorry i couldnt make it up there...next year...Karl

Offline I walk on water!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:13 PM »
Now thats what I call some good pike fishin brothas.  :clap: :clap:Nice set of vids as well. Looked like a bunch of nice pike.  :thumbsup: :roflmao: :woot:

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #16 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:22 PM »
Awesome video of a great time!!! The Moonwalking Ice Fisherman was hilarious! Thanks for sharing!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:36 PM »
Great job guys well done. :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :clap: and congrats on the PB's
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline hardwater101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:46 PM »
hey frozen, its Tom how do I get these pictures of all these pike I caught on this site?

Offline Stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just a kid until the end.
« Reply #19 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:56 PM »
Chad, the videos are always a blast to watch.  Great job guys!  WTG! 
Member of the GODs, the Grumpy Old Dudes, "We're off our rockers."

Offline PIKEKILLER1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:03 PM »
nice fish guys

Offline Trouty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
« Reply #21 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:08 PM »
Looks like a great trip.  :tipup: :tipup:  Awesome videos! 

lol @ the muskrat

Offline GotABigOneYa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mark D.
« Reply #22 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:27 PM »
nice fish guys
So wasn't yours Seth

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:51 PM »
nice vids Chad...give me a buzz...sorry I missed the trip.. :(

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #24 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:55 PM »
Great trip and video's.
Thanks for sharing.
MA

Offline RickC

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Mar 03, 2009, 08:00 PM »
Nicely done men  :clap:
I need to get my arse up there one of these years.

Offline hardwater101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Mar 03, 2009, 08:07 PM »
hey guys my name is Tom I am apart of the Indian Hill Ice Traps fishing crew.  Frozen shiner, flaggs, and porter joined us this year for the annual INDIAN HILL PIKE FEST and it was an amazing event. I personally caught over 40 pike and 33 of them were during the tournament hours.  There were two groups of us with a total of 27 guys only about 14 were in the tournament.  Throughout the weekend there were over 250 pike pulled through the ice! NO LIE!!!  189 of them were counted during the tournament.  We had a first place which consisted of a trophy, a set of five beautiful 36" INDIAN HILL TRAPS, and a cash prize.  Second place, a trophy, two 30" flat fold INDIAN HILLS, and a cash prize. Third place, a trophy, a set of 30" cross INDIAN HILLS, and a cash prize. Also smallest pike and largest perch also got trophy's. I have about fifty pictures to tell the story but I'm new to this sit and I'm not too computer savvy so I have know idea how to post them so any help would be appreciated  

Offline BigRedDodge1500

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Mar 03, 2009, 08:08 PM »
Awesome guys.....looks like a great weekend...Would love to go next year if im living back in MA by then!!!....Great job and some great fish
Can\'t Catch a Fish if your line aint in the water!!!

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 03, 2009, 09:54 PM »
Hey Frozen!  I just had wicked flashbacks!  Terrific job by Frozen Shiner Productions!   :bow: :bow:

Mike D. - a great new friend who makes one helluva tilt! Thanks for the invite, you hang out and fish with yet another, great bunch of Coconuts! All good guys!   

I will post up but can't right now. "I'm leavin on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again" Actually, I'll be back Friday but will try and post my reflections tommorrow night (if I can get a reasonable Net Connect).

Bottom Line: It was World Class Ice Fishing! We went through 16 Dozen XXl and XXXL Shiners and Goldies. The first day, I gave up trying to get all 15 tilts in the water. I ended up with something like 11 and never got a break to drill more holes! Crazy Flaggs all Day!    :cookoo:

I not only learned HOW to fish Pike in 1 Day, I got 2 MORE days to become skilled at it!  18 pike caught.  :woot:  5 Pickeral. Running the gammit from my PB of 331/2" to my smallest of 12" (The bait was almost as big as he was... I pulled him up with him chomping the bait, no hook at all) ;D

One other thing you won't find around here.... Tilts being anchored in the holes by the wood Frozen brought up to burn!  Tilts were blowing out of the holes but did it stop us?, hell no.... That was the day both Frozen and I fished til 10:30!!!  The first day Frozen night fished, I crashed... I was on 2 hours sleep in a 48 hour period comming in from a biz trip! Mike thanks for driving my truck!  That 2 hours did me wonders!!!!

I also learned how to filet these puppies (I took 3 ~22" home) as I was told they are the best eating fresh water... You know what? They are!  (I posted the plate of filets in another post but for convenience here it is again!)   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It was a terrific Trip! As long as I am invited, this will be an annual event FOR SURE!!! :thumbsup:

Stay tuned... More to come!  Hey Tom, Welcome to the Shanty!!!!  Good to see your post Pal!   :clap:

Flaggs!

IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Mar 03, 2009, 10:47 PM »
Nice fishing with you too Flaggs ??? :P... thanks for mentioning me :laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.