The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: lake buel or garfield?  (Read 650 times)

Offline jiggin88

• IceShanty Rookie
lake buel or garfield?
« on: Feb 20, 2009, 11:20 PM »
Has anyone been catching any trout on buel? Can you ice fish garfield? And is there access?

Offline Squeaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: lake buel or garfield?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2009, 09:01 AM »
I initially went to Garfield about a month ago, but got shut out because I couldn't access the lake.  I've been told you can access the lake on the west side off Tyringham Rd, but the day we went we had several vehicles and a quad.  The parking space is limited, so I didn't want to crowd, or get hassled with a ticket, so we ran to Buel.  Just off the boat ramp (on Rt. 57), about 80 yards out, we were catching decent trout (15" average; 4 ft. below the ice) and perch.  That particular spot has about 35' of water.  Go to Ma Div of F and W to scope out the pond map and get a feel of where the holes are.  Good luck!!

Offline thaman12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2009, 07:54 PM »
have been pike fishin buel but my buddies who have come out with me have caught 2 brown trout 15, and 18 inches and 6 rainbows 14-19 inches. only in one day. not a trout fisherman but would say yeah buel is pretty good for the trout

Offline jiggin88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:58 PM »
Thanks for info guys  :laugh:went therethis weekend just winging it and caught a couple nice crappie and a 14'' rainbow :tipup: thanks again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.