Author Topic: DROP SHOT JIGGING  (Read 1792 times)

Offline TheBigPickerel

• Team IceShanty Regular
DROP SHOT JIGGING
« on: Jan 05, 2007, 05:55 PM »
Has anyone ever jigged with a drop shot set up through the ice?    Using either artificial or real bait, with any success?    Please, I'm very interested in any methods, tips, success/failure stories.

Offline perchinatorx

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: DROP SHOT JIGGING
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2007, 09:40 PM »
Has anyone ever jigged with a drop shot set up through the ice?    Using either artificial or real bait, with any success?    Please, I'm very interested in any methods, tips, success/failure stories.

yes i ve don it since 2005 1/4 oz small hook 12-16 in off bottom with a minnow works great pound the sinker in to the mud 3-4 times and it brings the perch in for  larve

Offline icontact

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2007, 10:01 PM »

I started last year with a double hook setup (stand out hooks), one hook about 6" up and the other a foot above that for walleye.I used the small black and white plastic gulp minnow and fished the rig under the "bobber with a brain". Worked very well, awsome action on the minnows.
I gotta chubby

Offline keithdterry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2007, 03:08 PM »
I have done similar as icontact.  I used a pre-rigged "Crappie Rig" from wal-mart.  It has a swivel for the dropper weight and two pieces of thin wire to keep the baits from tangling.  It was with the open water stuff and if I remember correctly it was about $1.40 each.
No coffee, no peace.  Know coffee, know peace.

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2007, 08:20 PM »
I used this quite a bit for perch. Very effective as they respond to the sinker pounding the bottom. The palomar knot helps the hook face upwards if to bring the line back down through the eye of the hook after tying the knot. I like using this more than the crappie rigs or pickerel rigs because i get them tangled alot and I just started getting frustrated.

Robin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.