Author Topic: homemade spring bobbers?  (Read 4882 times)

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
homemade spring bobbers?
« on: Jan 01, 2014, 07:25 PM »
Anybody make their own spring bobbers? Yeah i know they are cheap to buy...but i like seeing someone use equipment thats homemade. Anybody?
"Quit whining and go fishing!"

Offline Nightbird

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: homemade spring bobbers?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2014, 07:38 PM »
Anybody make their own spring bobbers? Yeah i know they are cheap to buy...but i like seeing someone use equipment thats homemade. Anybody?
Check out www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=271848.0

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2014, 08:26 PM »
Link didnt work. Tried searching but for some reason the search on my phone sucks lol

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2014, 08:36 PM »
I never tried to make one but I bet the spring from a retractable pen would work, just need to figure out how to make a spacer to fill the void between the eye and the spring.

Offline Nightbird

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2014, 08:51 PM »
Link didnt work. Tried searching but for some reason the search on my phone sucks lol
Try the link now. It's what Chris wants,also

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:17 AM »
  guitar strings. if you know someone who plays an accoustic guitar, when they change strings, have them save you the 6th string , (the thickest),. They have ball ends, and cut to 3-5 in, and the ball end becomes your guide, tie the cut end around your pole. I just buy mine, and do play guitar.

Offline Slimdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2014, 10:53 AM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=204393.0

Here is another option if you like the St. Croix style springs...

Offline jdsmi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2014, 01:04 PM »
Call it red-neck but I was working with some small zip ties one day and started wondering how they would work as a spring bobber.  Just for the heck of it I took a small paper clip and bent it into a loop, fastened it the the end of the zip tie by wrapping it with threat and sealed the thread with the wife's nail polish.  To try it out quick, I attached it to the end of my rod by wrapping a rubber band around the rod tip & zip tie.  I have to admit it worked pretty good. Good enough to where it's still on that rod.

Offline spoonfeeder01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2014, 04:44 PM »
Most decent hobby shops carry titanium wire in diferent gauges, very hard to kink and can be atached in alot of different ways, the ones Ive made have lasted years without getting damaged..

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2014, 08:34 PM »
Made some today out of boredom. Used the springs from a few lighters, some small airsoft pellets and heatshrink tubing. Drilled a hole thru the pellet and inserted the spring. Dab of superglue to hold the pellet on. Put the heatshrink on thr other end and inserted into my super ul rod tip. All i can say is the rod was sensitive before, now its way beyond that! If i miss a fish....its all me!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.