Author Topic: Spring Bobbers.....  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Logan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "Ling King"
Spring Bobbers.....
« on: Jan 22, 2007, 11:17 PM »
ANyone have any suggestions on some good spring bobbers? Im looking for a good spring for some finicky Perch.
My wife told me that if I go ice fishing again she'll leave me. God, I'm going to miss her! :D

Offline bwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • To fish or not to fish...is a stupid question
Re: Spring Bobbers.....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2007, 11:37 PM »
i prefer the thin spring metal ribbon type with an eye on the end.  I secure them with a piece of tape.  Good fishing, might have some local ice by weeks end.
The moon is much smaller than the earth, however, it is much farther away.

Offline oldken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:12 AM »
i just got a small jigging rod with a small coil spring attached it realy works good , would be no good in the cold. freezes up to easily.

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:25 PM »
I really think any brand/type of device that heightens the sensitivity of your jiggin' rod will work equally well. last year i put the tightly coiled springd that fit into the end eye of my pole and probably tripled my catch of perch and crappie.

Snot Rocket
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline Medson25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2007, 11:12 AM »
I use the flat ribbon type and they work really well. you can see all the action. the only advise i would have his to get the ones with the biggest eye hole on it you can find. this will help the problem of them freezing up in really cold temps.

Offline moosehead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2007, 03:21 PM »
Frabill Panfish Popper are nice. A little pricey and you have to make sure they fit in your last eye.
"I used to lose my temper in arguments, until someone told me, 'Cooler heads prevail.'
Thus began my collection in the basement freezer."

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s146/MattGski/teammittencopy-2.gif[/img ]

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2007, 09:56 PM »
I have thorne bros rods which have an available spring bobber insert for them. They work good but they do tend to freeze up in the cold cause they are small.

Robin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.