Author Topic: Ice Shanty Merchandise and the comments they bring!  (Read 584 times)

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice Shanty Merchandise and the comments they bring!
« on: Dec 17, 2004, 01:20 PM »
I was curious how many "odd looks" or comments have you recevied while wearing ice shanty apparel.  Here's mine:

The other day I was walking into a store (wearing my "I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing" sweatshirt) when a guy and his wife came over and asked if I really did wish I was ice fishing.  I replied "Yes" and the couple looked stunned.  I went further to explain to them about some of the equipment and that I had a portable shanty w/ heater for really cold days that warranted it.  I then emphasized how much fun it is for me and the kids (can't convince the wife to come out yet, but I'm working on it).  Anyway, the stunned looks turned into sincere smiles.  The guy said he was a fisherman and never thought about going ice fishing.  I took out a pen and jotted down the iceshanty.com website and told him to check it out and if he ever wanted to give ice fishing at try, to contact baginwal.  He thanked me and said he was looking forward to learning more about it.

Sounds like we might be chalking up another member on our way to 10,000! ;D
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline wkules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lookin' for EYES!!!
Re: Ice Shanty Merchandise and the comments they bring!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2004, 02:44 PM »
I have had similar experiences with both my cap and the IS sticker I have plastered to my PC! I am not sure how many of the folks have actually checked out the site or were simply trying to shut me up! I do tend to ramble on once I get started talking about ice fishing! ;) ;)
Bobbers Down and Flags Up !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.