Author Topic: Need to vent about weather!  (Read 922 times)

Offline duketter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Need to vent about weather!
« on: Dec 17, 2004, 01:07 PM »
Ok, the weather up here in ND is just plain ridiculous.  We had about 5" of ice come this past weekend.  This past weekend we had about 40mph winds for about a day and a half.  Now it is about 55 F degrees outside with a 25-30mph wind.  There goes our ice. 

Only thing encouraging is the HIGH temp for next week is in the teens.  Next Wednesday the high temp is only suppose to be +1 F degree.  Ha ha, that is cold.  Yep, that is the high temp.  So starting tomorrow the temps are suppose to be below freezing getting really cold so the ice should start forming again. 

How do we go from 55 F today to 1 F degree next week.  gotta love the temp. extremes in ND.  Just frustrated cause I would like to be out there this weekend.

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
Re: Need to vent about weather!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2004, 01:12 PM »
Right now it's 10 degrees F in upper michigan, and they are forecasting -2 temps thoughout the weekend. I'm pretty sure I'll be out Sunday to fish. Just thought i'd needle you with that thought.

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline duketter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2004, 01:15 PM »
Wow, way to rub it in killitandgrillit!  ha ha, kidding.  Well good luck to you!  I will be out after Christmas here hopefully!

Offline icebigboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2004, 01:21 PM »
you got 5 inches of ices and its gone ???if i were you I'll go crazy >:(
here at north when the ice is safe we have it until April :)
you must have strong mental  ;)
don't desperate

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2004, 01:27 PM »
I'm going nuts too,  The fish in my 50 gal tank had to put up with a lot of jigging raps zipping by their heads in the last two weeks.  If not for the tank though,  I would go for the toilet bowl next,  like some  other guys  ;D.  I'm taking a whole week off third week in January to do nothing but icefishing,  I can hardly wait!          J.

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2004, 01:34 PM »
dont worry were still waiting here in se pa so hopefully we get some real soon or ill be headed your way to get on some hard water but i think we have some ice in the northere and western parts of the stae and hopefully i will get out on them soon

P Gottshall

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2004, 01:42 PM »
36 right now in cental-IL.  I was out with just a sweatshirt this morning making fish attractors in my front yard.  What'll the wife say when she gets home. . . :-\

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2004, 01:57 PM »
dont worry what she says cause when you bring home a nice stringer of fish for her to eat she wont be complaigning

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Cant feel what fingers? You still got fingers?
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2004, 03:29 PM »
3/4 of an inch in CT. Oooooooo! With snow on the way to insulate it from the cold air, I bet I can hang on to at least 1/2 an inch  of ice all this winter! Ooooooooo! >:(
I wish I was in heaven sittin down..........on a 5 gallon pail!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.