Author Topic: Aqua View "Blue Spectrum Camera"  (Read 665 times)

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Aqua View "Blue Spectrum Camera"
« on: Dec 16, 2004, 03:10 AM »
Does anyone have the new aqua view blue spectrum camera.  I currently have
the original Z-60 series.  Want to know if the night viewing capabilities are that
much better then what I have.  Might convert if the new camera cable will work
with the Z-60.  I know that "blue" light travels farthest in water before being filtered
out.  I just don't know if the upgrade will be worth the cost.   ???
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Aqua View "Blue Spectrum Camera"
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2004, 08:00 AM »
I would also be interested but also is there anything special about the blue lights? I understand that some cams are saying that putting lights higher is much better. Can't we get a/some small led fllashlites and attach them say 6" on the cord?,...(wish someone had a small compass that had a sensor that you could see on the lenses of older cams,.....)

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Aqua View "Blue Spectrum Camera"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2004, 03:32 PM »
I would also be interested but also is there anything special about the blue lights? I understand that some cams are saying that putting lights higher is much better. Can't we get a/some small led fllashlites and attach them say 6" on the cord?,...(wish someone had a small compass that had a sensor that you could see on the lenses of older cams,.....)

Yes Hollis but the "light" that comes out of most cameras is invisible to the naked eye.  Invisible to humans
and supposedly to fish.  Remember the color wheel in school.  Red light filters in water first.
By the time you get to 30ft, and thats in perfect water conditions during bright sunlight,
the only part of the light spectrum that penetrates is is the "blue" light.  Just don't know
if the new camera will "see" better at night as compaired to the camera I allready own.
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.