The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Best perch/panfish lake that freezes early?  (Read 719 times)

Offline Rangerphil

• Team IceShanty Regular
Best perch/panfish lake that freezes early?
« on: Nov 11, 2018, 05:49 PM »
Hey all time to start thinking ice fishing! Want to take a trip this year and was wondering where everyone does good on panfish early in the season? Does kinzua freeze early? Would like to keep it north central or north western pa since I am from south of Pittsburgh. Thanks and good luck to all this year!

Offline Crappiehunter1981

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Best perch/panfish lake that freezes early?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2018, 08:13 AM »
I hit bald eagle state park very early last season.   Did pretry good.  I will be watching the forecast there for a first ice.  Like 2.5 hours north east of me.

Offline Crappiehunter1981

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2018, 09:24 AM »
I was mistaken... it was black moshannon state park.  Not bald eagle.. my bad

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2018, 01:01 PM »
Hey all time to start thinking ice fishing! Want to take a trip this year and was wondering where everyone does good on panfish early in the season? Does kinzua freeze early? Would like to keep it north central or north western pa since I am from south of Pittsburgh. Thanks and good luck to all this year!
i wish the yough dam would freeze up early got the biggest perch of my life there  :o plus big bull gills was blessed to fish with "park" from nicklow's at a secret spot in md.  ;) there is no winter access only from the ice
GOD bless
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Rangerphil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2018, 03:29 PM »
Thought you couldn’t fish the yough because of the water rising and falling? Very interested if you wanted to share more? I fish there all year long!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.