Author Topic: crappie time?  (Read 4138 times)

Offline whitetailmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • shut up-n- fish
crappie time?
« on: Feb 18, 2007, 11:55 PM »
I fished from 600 sunday morning till 630 in the evening.I caught most of my crappies between 9 and 1130am. Also fished the same spot at night and caught more in the day.Do you think that its true that they hit better at night? If so, whats
the best time?
  P.s. I got 19 between 9 and 1130.
team I.C.Light

Offline PondPro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!FISH OFF.............
Re: crappie time?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2007, 07:28 AM »
The lakes i fish it is better at night around 6pm to 11pm i never can make it to 11 b/c i always run out of minnows.
Tom G :tipup:<br />

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2007, 05:16 PM »
 The best time for me has been from dusk till around 8pm! Thats just on the lake I've been fishing lately but I've fished other lakes and they never really started biting till 8pm!
TEAM  PA.

Offline MacEnvy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2007, 08:25 PM »
The best time for me has been from dusk till around 8pm! Thats just on the lake I've been fishing lately but I've fished other lakes and they never really started biting till 8pm!

I've had luck from 5:30PM to 8:30PM.  I almost never catch them during the day - that's perchin' time.

Offline scuba

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2007, 10:07 PM »
I fish alot of different lakes for crappies. I find some are better at different times of the day, as in some are better in the morning and some are better in the evening. I even found one that is good at lunch time.

Offline ICEHOUND22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2007, 09:09 AM »
Sure would be nice if they would post at the landing of each lake what the prime time is !!L.O.L.  ;D Each lake is very different.

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2007, 08:52 PM »
Yeah it just depends on the water.

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2007, 03:16 PM »
i thought if the water was dark/stained they would bite durong the day but if it was clear water u would get them better at night????

Crappiekeith

« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2007, 11:26 AM »
i thought if the water was dark/stained they would bite durong the day but if it was clear water u would get them better at night????

You are exactly on with that answer.

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2007, 07:04 PM »
the main school is going to move through out the day.  You will always find stragglers along the way to leave marks on your flasher, but if you keep up with the fish, you should be able to catch them all day.  When the bite slows down, try moving deeper or shallower to see which way they are moving.  Change the size of your lure.  I wasted a lot of ice time in front of the TV or doing house work, waiting for the bite to start, before I learned it is always going if you can find the school.  Now I rarely get any house work done!

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2007, 12:54 AM »
The dark water/day bite clear water/evening bite can be somewhat true, but is often not.  A couple of my favorite crappie lakes are crystal clear but they bite great all day. Like haywood said, fish don't stop eating.  They may slow down, but you can always catch 'em.  Also, I've found that the reason that alot of lakes are "only good in the evening" is because that's the only time of day that they move into the popular spots.

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline tjsnipehunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2007, 02:09 PM »
The dark water/day bite clear water/evening bite can be somewhat true, but is often not.  A couple of my favorite crappie lakes are crystal clear but they bite great all day. Like haywood said, fish don't stop eating.  They may slow down, but you can always catch 'em.  Also, I've found that the reason that alot of lakes are "only good in the evening" is because that's the only time of day that they move into the popular spots.

I believe this same thing to be true, at least in many lakes. In the lakes I fish for crappies one I can catch them all day, nearly always better then after dark. In the other two some days they bite during the day sometimes not but they almost always bite at or before sundown. All three are crystal clear during the winter. The one thing that is the same is that if I'm going to catch crappies during the day it seems like I need to fish close to cover of some type, steep drop offs or tree piles. These are all man made lakes so deep creek beds can be good. Once the sun starts to go down they start to suspend and move.

I have never had as good of luck fishing late in the evening. The schools seem to roam more and when they are on the flasher you better get them or they're gone. During the day you can sit right on top of them and finesse them, they don't seem to move a lot. Most of the places I see people do better at night then during the day are on flats. Crappies roam over these at night but don't hang around there much during the day, at least on the lakes I fish.

Tim

Offline quad700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2007, 08:45 AM »
Here in PA different times at almost at every lake.Crappies seem to amaze me how they differ from lake to lake.One lake I fish is bets at 10:00 pm on.
Still waiting for that huge crappie to land in my frying pan.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.