Author Topic: Best flipover shacks  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Best flipover shacks
« on: Oct 20, 2003, 10:28 PM »
Looking for flipover shack. Have no experience with them. Really liked eskimo I looked at. Any help appreciated.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

PerchBusterSD

Re:Best flipover shacks
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2003, 08:40 AM »
i prefer frabill because of the black ice armor canvas. stays warm and does not show dirt or mud as bad as the light colored canvases

Offline walleye1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2003, 09:55 AM »
I bought a Frabil Ultra Lite last year and enjoyed using it. It only weighs 27 lbs. so it's not bad to pull if you're a walker (as I am).

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2003, 11:02 AM »
Walleye1 how is the width on the that ultralite, been thinking about gettin one myself. I am worried about it not being wide enough though. What is your opinion on the overall fishability of it?

Offline walleye1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2003, 11:21 AM »
Asphalt Kid - Unless you're a really big guy there's plenty of room. I'm 5' 10" and around 170 and it's fine for me. As far as the fishability I don't think it gets any easier than this. Just put your bucket in it, sit down and flip the top over! It also locks in a half up position if you just want to block the wind. The only thing I had to get used to was to ease up on the hooksets. I hit the roof a few times before I got accustomed to fishing inside. I tend to cross their eyes when I'm fishing outside! ;D  

Exudedude

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2003, 01:13 PM »
I have a Frabil XLTwin... it gets my vote as well.. The black cover is the best... Like stated before, it does hold heat well!

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2003, 05:26 PM »
I use a fishtrap scout, has ablackened interior for sight fishing, and heats up well! The rod holder is nice too, and is easy to pull, unless there is a lot of slush build up on the ice, but no sled usally pulls good on that. I totally love the fishtrap! If you do buy one, keep an eye out, the older stock do not have a dark blue interior and are single layered fabric. There is usally a price difference on those. Also not sure if the older models have a sliding seat with a foding back. Get yourself a flip over shanty, best investment youll make, youll find yourself fishing more & longer!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.