The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Cheap Underwater Camera from Amazon (Eyoyo)  (Read 2992 times)

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish, and than fish some more!
Cheap Underwater Camera from Amazon (Eyoyo)
« on: Mar 07, 2019, 12:26 PM »
Got one of those cheap Underwater cameras from Amazon and really put it to the test on Saturday while fishing a local pond in -20F.  Really neat seeing the fish on the camera.  Not a big fan of the recorded video format/quality, but it is passable I suppose.

After doing some research into the .AVI file (which it creates on the micro sd card) it looks like it is using .jpg base codec format and combining it into a .AVI file as the video file. The .AVI file isn't easily viewable and doesn't work in any of my editing software, so I have to use a 3rd party application (handbrake) to be able to convert every single underwater video .AVI file into an mp4 file in order to use them. Very annoying and not user friendly for the average consumer.

I have reached out to the Eyoyo business but I am not hopeful on them creating a firmware file for me to use to update the camera to record in a better format.... ya never know though!

Here is what the camera footage looks like (from my newest video) if you are interested:

Mizayikaa

Re: Cheap Underwater Camera from Amazon (Eyoyo)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2019, 01:17 PM »
I have the same camera. Not top of the line by any means but works just fine for my purpose which is solely educating myself.

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2019, 01:49 PM »
I have the same camera. Not top of the line by any means but works just fine for my purpose which is solely educating myself.

Right, that is kinda the conclusion I am coming to.  Not bad for the price if you want to see whats down there and how it is reacting to what you are doing.

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2019, 02:05 PM »
My trail cam only does avi so I have the same problem. I ended up just making 10 second videos with it and I don't edit them. It would be a pain if I had to edit them.

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2019, 04:33 PM »
would you be able to see much with this camera in low light down about 50ft of water?

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2019, 04:44 PM »
You get what you pay for....  ::)
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2019, 07:00 PM »
Awesome vid.
Even when I have my cheapo camera with me, I never use it.  Wish I had cam skills.  The fish I catch are brutal.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline jiginit

• IceShanty Rookie
  • That's my story and stickin to it
« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2019, 07:34 PM »
would you be able to see much with this camera in low light down about 50ft of water?
I had mine down at 45ft. pitch black down there except It looked like it was snowing, but it was something in the water, not the cam and actually saw a good sized fish swim by about 2 1/2-3 ft out with the infrared lights on. I think with clear water visibility would have been slightly better by maybe a foot or so. Didn't have my record on yet, or a lure down. just checking the bottom, but it worked ok. And I gotta say so far their customer service is pretty good, although anything (parts) coming from china a bit slow.

Offline jiginit

• IceShanty Rookie
  • That's my story and stickin to it
« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2019, 07:54 PM »
( Their suggestion After doing some research into the .AVI file (which it creates on the micro sd card) it looks like it is using .jpg base codec format and combining it into a .AVI file as the video file. The .AVI file isn't easily viewable and doesn't work in any of my editing software, so I have to use a 3rd party application (handbrake) to be able to convert every single underwater video .AVI file into an mp4 file in order to use them.)
 Thats my issue. Doesnt work with Chrome either. Their suggestion: Media codec: JPEG Video format: AVI Use KMPlayer or VLC player for playback.
Havent done either. Just watch on 7" recorder screen for now.

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 11, 2019, 02:43 PM »
( Their suggestion After doing some research into the .AVI file (which it creates on the micro sd card) it looks like it is using .jpg base codec format and combining it into a .AVI file as the video file. The .AVI file isn't easily viewable and doesn't work in any of my editing software, so I have to use a 3rd party application (handbrake) to be able to convert every single underwater video .AVI file into an mp4 file in order to use them.)
 Thats my issue. Doesnt work with Chrome either. Their suggestion: Media codec: JPEG Video format: AVI Use KMPlayer or VLC player for playback.
Havent done either. Just watch on 7" recorder screen for now.

They responded to me and said they have a model in the works that will save as mp4 files.  Looks to be no way to update existing models to be able to do so though.

Offline EYOYO

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2019, 02:25 AM »
Yes, we are working on this "MP4" version camera and will release it about June.
EYOYO underwater fishing camera maker!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2019, 07:12 AM »
Why not update firmware so people don't have to buy new cameras?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.