Author Topic: ICE SHACK PICTURES  (Read 34506 times)

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
Re: ICE SHACK PICTURES
« Reply #60 on: Feb 09, 2013, 06:52 PM »
 found a few more

Offline mark4493

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Feb 09, 2013, 09:18 PM »
nice

Offline 14khicks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Feb 11, 2013, 11:37 AM »
sweet shacks

Offline JohnG1979

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Feb 12, 2013, 04:43 PM »
I don't have any ideas for you, but your Ice Shanty looks awesome so far, and heavy! Good luck and post some pics when you figure out the inside!

Hi.  New here but it seems I am in fine company.  I've been ice fishing as long as I can remember and recently built a permanent shack.  I have 2 delemas currently... The shanty is 6 x 10 and is built on the heavy side. It's a beast to move around so I'm looking for ideas on easier and more efficient means of moving it.  Would like some ideas on drop down wheels or similar.  Secondly, I'm looking for ideas for interior design from anyone suggesting more than just pinning up pics of centerfold models. ;D I've got 2 young sons who insist this thing has to double as a bunkhouse as well.  I'm adding photos of what I have done so far and you can see on the inside I've got 4 catch covers on each end with a door in the middle of one of the long sides.  Any imput is is appreciated!  Fish on compadres!   :tipup: (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

John G - Professional web geek by day, and inspiring fisherman. I also do Ice Shanty Reviews on my own site http://Ice-shanty.org, because I really dig them after all the research I did before buying my own. Looking forward to learning more about the sport in general from all the pros on the site. After a couple years of reading, I'm stoked to be a member of Iceshanty.com!

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Feb 13, 2013, 05:05 PM »
looks great sir, i decorate the inside of my house by writing down the fish i catch and letting the kids draw on the walls

Offline boxcar

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • RETIRED!!
« Reply #65 on: Feb 13, 2013, 05:07 PM »

Offline fishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #66 on: Feb 13, 2013, 05:22 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Nothin special but its better then sittin on a bucket on a windy day.

Ryan, I have a Shappel 4000 and would like to make a shelf like that. How is the conduit attached that the shelf hangs on? Is it sturdy enough?
God grant me strength to catch a fish
So large that even I
When telling of it afterwards
May never need to lie.

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Feb 13, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Here is my new big shack. The Clam six pack 1550. Love it so far. Have a one man Kenai and an old frabil speed shack.

Would love to build a nice perm shack butthe ice here in central NY doesn't really lend itself to them

Offline Mossymo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Feb 14, 2013, 01:35 PM »
Beats my clam.

Offline ryanmolnar55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Feb 14, 2013, 07:49 PM »
Ryan, I have a Shappel 4000 and would like to make a shelf like that. How is the conduit attached that the shelf hangs on? Is it sturdy enough?

The cross brace is actually the same one for the roof w/ clips. All i did was put some self tapper screws on the side poles to support the weight as well as underneath the wooden cross brace on the bottom. I holds up great I have loaded that shelf with all my electronics,case of beer, and propane bottles.

Offline fishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #70 on: Feb 15, 2013, 08:30 AM »
The cross brace is actually the same one for the roof w/ clips. All i did was put some self tapper screws on the side poles to support the weight as well as underneath the wooden cross brace on the bottom. I holds up great I have loaded that shelf with all my electronics,case of beer, and propane bottles.

How's the wooden cross brace attached to the side uprights?
So large that even I
May never need to lie.

Offline upcreeknoyoars

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't set the hook, till you know he's on.
« Reply #71 on: Feb 15, 2013, 03:26 PM »
These are nice shacks, I would like to make one someday.
Give'm line, there is no way it’s getting out of this lake.

Offline ryanmolnar55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Feb 19, 2013, 12:13 AM »

How's the wooden cross brace attached to the side uprights?
It doesn't attach to anything but the shelf. On the side post's I put 2 self tappers each. The top 2 tappers is what I use to hold the conduit cross brace and when I hang the shelf the wood rest's on the lower tappers. The wood also act's as a balance. If it wasn't there the shelf would lean forward and hence serve no purpose as a shelf. I hope this helps you I can post more descriptive pic's if that would help better.

Offline ryanmolnar55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Feb 19, 2013, 12:20 AM »
It doesn't attach to anything but the shelf. On the side post's I put 2 self tappers each. The top 2 tappers is what I use to hold the conduit cross brace and when I hang the shelf the wood rest's on the lower tappers. The wood also act's as a balance. If it wasn't there the shelf would lean forward and hence serve no purpose as a shelf. I hope this helps you I can post more descriptive pic's if that would help better.

And also if your gonna use self tappers make sure not to run them all the way through they will cut through fabric/tarp material like butter. If you do want to run them through just cut short and grind smooth.

Offline fishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #74 on: Feb 19, 2013, 09:06 AM »

A closeup pic would be helpful. Thanks
So large that even I
May never need to lie.

Offline ryanmolnar55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Feb 19, 2013, 11:11 AM »

A closeup pic would be helpful. Thanks

Ill post more tomorrow when I get back from fishing.

Offline johnnypike

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #76 on: Feb 19, 2013, 07:49 PM »
Johnnypike
The big fish catcher

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Feb 19, 2013, 08:18 PM »
LOVE that packers shack!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D where did u get it??!!??

Offline CharoS10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 26, 2013, 11:00 PM »
I go ahead share my shanty, but its not like all your fancy build shanty. The shanty is portable and Its easy for me.

Shanty KillZone, 6x6

Offline Cwhorra

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Feb 27, 2013, 06:44 AM »
Sweet

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.