The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Keyhole  (Read 6175 times)

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
Re: Keyhole
« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2007, 03:06 PM »
Hey Guys It was great to fish with you. Traxion and Mooter, Rod so glad to see you guys made the trip. The fishing was good the catching wasn't so great. Mooter get Rod signed up on this Ice Shanty. I can see if I fished very much with you guys I might have to much fun and I  might not feel that good in the a.m.

You know I've heard that before.  It's all about the time on the ice not what you catch right?  I would be a better fisherman if I didn't drink but I don't think I would like it as much! LOL  Talk at you later

P.S.  I told Rod to sign up But he said he wouldn't get any work done if he did.   I guess he'll have to multi task better.

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 11, 2007, 03:21 PM »
Steve, sent you a PM.  Might come over this weekend again, plans have changed.  Is there still snow on the ice??  Thanks- Eric

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 11, 2007, 10:41 PM »
Traxion,
           I sent you a pm. There is snow on the ice how much I'm not sure I would say 4" to 6" inches. I plan on fishing the Tourney. I'll see you there if you make it.

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 15, 2007, 09:04 AM »
I fished on Sat.  Brrrrrr cold.   Quite a few guys out.  We came over mainly for the crappies, Dugan's didn't have bait as of Friday evening.  But luckily they had gotten some by Sat. morning.  Caught lots of crappies, but it wasn't as easy as last weekend.  Really had to work them.  Just didn't find the larger fish either, it was a struggle to find a keeper.  Caught one eye, small.  Big Ice, we hit the same spot you showed me last weekend.  Mike was in his shanty, left abotu 1:00.  Didn't get a chance to ask how he did.  Tried to give you a ring, but my cell service stinks out there.  Was a cold ride back to the ramp on the sled. Couldn't believe how fast my pop froze LOL.  Off to chase honkers this weekend, maybe try to get over for some late ice action.  Hope everyone had good fishing!

Offline tomb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 21, 2007, 01:25 PM »
        Where is a good spot to fish for walleye? I will be in the area the next few weeks and I would appreciate any info. Last time I was there I could only locate small crappie. ???
Matt

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2007, 02:19 PM »
tomb,
        Ice fishing at KH has been slow this winter. I will send you a PM.

Offline Icatchfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 25, 2007, 05:28 PM »
Big ice,
Driving up to Keyhole from Colorado on Sunday.
Never been there. Any pointers or info would greatly be appreciated.
Thank you.
Icatchfish

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 25, 2007, 10:06 PM »
Icatchfish,
               Fishing seems to be best in the morning and in the afternoon mid day can be slow. I would fish near rocky points try to find good drop offs. The north side of the lake seems to be best.  Best luck for me has been 14-30' of water with best being 18-26' mostly jigging. Make sure to call Dugan's bar and grill in Pinehaven, and make sure they have bait, sometimes they run out. there Number is 1-307-756-9907.

Offline Icatchfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 25, 2007, 11:13 PM »
Thanks Big ice,
I called Dugans this afternoon and they do not have any minnows but they hope to have
some this weekend. I use jigging rapalas and crocodile spoons and do pretty well on the
walleyes, I have never fished for crappie through the ice. Tube jigs with mealworms???
Thanks for the info.
Icatchfish

Offline tomb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 26, 2007, 11:23 PM »
         Thanx for the info Big Ice, got into the eyes and a whole mess of crappie. Got a f@#%ng parking ticket though! :%$#!:  Parking somewhere else tommorrow and getting back on those walleye :o
Matt

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 28, 2007, 10:49 PM »
Good job on the fish. Sorry to hear about the ticket that sucks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.