Author Topic: New  (Read 605 times)

Offline Bryce

• Team IceShanty Regular
New
« on: Feb 12, 2017, 12:47 PM »
Been lurking for a couple years, finally decided to join.

Probably have talked to met some of you from the other forums, BRL1 on BFT, UWN and gutpile.

Will ice fish just about anywhere except Strawberry for anything that will bite but prefer perch and crappie.
Might be talked into Strawberry if somebody can teach me to consistently catch Kokes.
Trying to figure out cats and walleye thru the ice but not having much luck with either one.
But then haven't made it out much this season and been splitting the trips between Echo and Pineview.

Softwater mainly cats.

Hope to meet some more of you and learn more.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: New
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2017, 10:25 PM »
Welcome to the shanty Bryce,  been a crazy year this winter. I haven't got out no where near as much as I wanted to for sure
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2017, 05:41 AM »
Welcome to the best ice fishing forum going.  With the messed up season this year (way too early thaw), Strawberry may be your only salvation; after it freezes back down, of course.   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline RJFoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2017, 08:47 PM »
Welcome. You will be hard pressed to consistently catch eyes through the ice in Utah because you can't use live bait and the limited number of lines you can use. If you want to catch eyes through the ice Starvation is your best bet. You will need to commit to jigging and moving around a decent amount. Kit's Tackle based out of Helena, MT has some great jigs that work well for eyes on hard or soft water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.