Author Topic: Little Creek, Rich County  (Read 601 times)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Little Creek, Rich County
« on: Dec 27, 2015, 08:47 AM »
The temp was -24 when we went past the Wyoming port of entry at about 7:00 AM yesterday (Dec 26, 2015).  Arrived at Little Creek reservoir about 9:30 AM after a failed attempt to get to Woodruff reservoir.  Temp still below zero.

We fished until 3:00 PM.  The planter bows would NOT leave our lures alone all day.  I did manage to pull a 17 & 14 inch bow through the ice and kept both.  Kent kept a limit and Eric didn't keep any.  They each pulled a very gorgeous brookie up as well.

Temp on the truck was reading -2 when we left at 3:30 PM.  I stayed in my flip over with the heater going most of the day.  Eric did likewise, but Kent toughed it out until about 1:00 PM when he finally had had enough and popped his tent up as well.

The ice was about 8 to 10 with about 6 solid inches of clear on the bottom of the layers.  There was about 2 to 3 inches of slush on top in a few places which left about an inch of water on the ice if the ice was cleared with a shovel.  In a couple of places, the wind had swept the snow away and the top layer was solid.

Nice, easy to get to reservoir if catching is the goal.  You can drive right up on the dike and be 20 feet from the ice edge.  There is a slight drop to the ice of about 10 feet but not too hard to negotiate.

Y'all take care and safe ice to ya.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Little Creek, Rich County
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2015, 08:07 PM »
BRRRR, that sounds dang chilly. That's how it goes over that way though. Sounds like the fish were cooperating for you guys and a couple brookies to boot. Was the road to snowed in at woodruff to make it to the reservoir?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Re: Little Creek, Rich County
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2015, 10:52 PM »
Very dry snow with frozen ground underneath.  Absolutely no traction in the 8 to 10 inches of white stuff.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.