Author Topic: BB opener on the shore  (Read 730 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
BB opener on the shore
« on: Nov 18, 2013, 03:07 PM »
We headed out bright and early for the 1st of a few trips to the gorge for this extended bash. The sunrise was awesome as we rolled thru the wind farms

Arriving at buckboard we were a bit early so we went down to the shore and tossed some stuff around but had no love on what ever we thru at them. We decided to go up and wait to check in and that's when the snow started to fly and it came in more than once on this weekend. not dropping more than a few inches at most. After a bit of a wait and a short drive out lost dog we arrived at our location for the weekend.

The ice tents provided us with a nice sleeper for the weekend and my 949i worked great. No condensation and the heater was only on low. Some of our other friends had already staked the spot to the south of us and ill tell you im bringing my boat next time as this is the only way to get good numbers of burbot this time of year

This crew was finally settled in and doing what we love most fishing

The 1st Day/night we had no love from the burbot but the pups and bows played all day and night

one of my colorful bows

fishonone

phishinphool

one of our newer Utah members slapthefish

our favorite poser/photo bomber

this I thought just looked cool with the moon background

Now I didn't get any pics the 2nd night as we were pretty busy hooking up and missing, I mean alot of missing of fish. We ended up with 8 burbot, 10 bows and 5 pups that left the lake with us on sunday morn. Ton_def made it up Saturday and started us off on the burb's. Also met shanty member Bighof and them boys from team bent rods tore it up with 1st place on most caught with 180 fish. All In all we had a great trip and will be back real soon. Tightlines everyone

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Ton_Def

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: BB opener on the shore
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2013, 05:43 PM »
What a good weekend!  Good fishing, good people, and minus a few quick storms, decent weather! Not a bad start to the next 2 months of the tourney. Like you had said Musky, if it starts this early next year, a boat is a must!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2013, 08:15 PM »
It was a great time tossing some lines with you ton, we will be doing it again real soon
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2013, 07:40 AM »
x2 on that. it was a great time up there can not wait to get back up there

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2013, 03:03 PM »
Sweet lord that red beard is photogenic! :-\

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2013, 04:06 PM »
Ya my camera did a fine job on the focus there too  ;D
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum