Author Topic: Adding spring bobber to rod....St. Cro..  (Read 1905 times)

Offline bassbull

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Adding spring bobber to rod....St. Cro..
« on: Feb 10, 2012, 02:10 AM »
I really like the St. C. spring bobber but this is a way I put it on my rods. If you have a rod tip that is big enough to do this our replace it with one that does. You don't have to go to all the trouble of adding the rod guide to the top of the rod. Just take the rubber grommet and a razor blade. Then lay the grommet on its side and cut completely thru taking about 25 % of the grommet away. Try and make a clean square cut as you can. It doesn't have to be perfact by no means. Now you should have the grommet cut with like I said with about 25% of it gone. As long as you have at least 55% to 60% of the rubber grommet left you are in good shape.This piece will fit into your ex-sisting rod guide very easily and your spring will adj in and out much easier. The hole you cut in your grommet should be at the bottom of your guide and this where you run your line thru and then out to the end of the spring bobber. Doing it this way cuts down on the wind wraps of line also on the spring tip. I hope this helps everyone and I hope I explained it good enough!!!! STEVE

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Adding spring bobber to rod....St. Cro..
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2012, 07:14 AM »
Like to see a picture

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.