The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Good to great weekend here, how did you do?  (Read 1660 times)

Offline BomoBrown

• Team IceShanty Regular
Good to great weekend here, how did you do?
« on: Feb 21, 2016, 06:03 PM »
Well I did not place in the Benson derby but I had pike and perch come close. Plus I had a lot of pike and we are having brown trout for dinner. 

Nice weather and spolid fishing, how did you do?

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Good to great weekend here, how did you do?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2016, 06:12 PM »
Got blown off the water Sat morning so I only got an hour of fishing in. Took home 3 dozen yellows though. Went after whites today and they were on the move constantly most of the day and we're on a meat diet only. Spikes on small jigs seemed to work best but I got a few on jigging raps and other soft plastics. They settled in a few spots throughout the day and I walked off the ice with almost 3 buckets full.  Some real hogs in there too!

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2016, 07:12 PM »
Good haul Matt! glad you stuck it out and stayed on them.

Offline bigcat61

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2016, 07:24 PM »
I got my limit on bass on sat. and one crappie - nothing big on the bass but good for the fish fry..
sunday got about 4lb smally and my buddy gave me 5 perch and my other buddy gave me
7 perch so I got some fillets for the freezer.......  :tipup:   :tipup:   

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2016, 08:51 PM »
Managed two buckets of whites, mostly on hali jigs tipped with spikes or crawler bits. A couple 13" fish in there too! Not too bad a day, but got crowded by "Space Invaders" later in the day... Some people have no shame. Next time, I am going to act crazy/tourettes until people leave me with a comfortable radius...

Offline troutcrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2016, 10:17 PM »
I got a nice mess of big sunnies on Friday morning.  I went out that night for crappies but got skunked.  Saturday I didn't fish-- took care of business while the wind blew.  Tonight I finally got into a bunch of crappies!  Good weekend!

Offline keithm87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2016, 10:05 AM »
I had a wicked successful weekend. Was on Elmore Saturday and got 2 perch on tip ups and some dinks jigging. My buddy had far better luck landing 4 northern including 2 nice eaters in the 4-6lb range. Sunday I was on Nelson and hammered a bunch of booze between 5 of us, we also caught a single little Pickerel, and a good buzz!

Offline perch-alicious

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2016, 10:41 AM »
killer day in colchester - landed 8 northerns, lost a few more, and pulled up a few nice perch on top of that.  delicious dinner had by all!

Offline troutcrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2016, 10:58 AM »
I had a wicked successful weekend. Was on Elmore Saturday and got 2 perch on tip ups and some dinks jigging. My buddy had far better luck landing 4 northern including 2 nice eaters in the 4-6lb range. Sunday I was on Nelson and hammered a bunch of booze between 5 of us, we also caught a single little Pickerel, and a good buzz!

Haha, that's better than I usually do at Nelson!   ;D

Offline JMailbox8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2016, 03:20 PM »
Took the 2 hour drive to Maidstone on Sunday. Fished from 6am till 2pm. I missed one laker just under the ice, but was able to land one right before we left. It was just over 18" long. It was a pretty slow day. Just 2 fish landed between the 4 of us.

Offline Ice-n-Snow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 22, 2016, 07:40 PM »
Skunked on Saturday at Caspian.  Caught a bunch of micro perch at Woodbury Pond Sunday afternoon with the wife and one of the kids.

Offline spot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 22, 2016, 09:10 PM »
Threw everything at them on Shelburne Pond: minnows for pike, spikes, worms, pork, jigs, plastics, everything in the arsenal and nuthin'

Not a flag, or a nibble anywhere.
May the fish be with you.

Randy

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2016, 09:07 AM »
Managed two buckets of whites, mostly on hali jigs tipped with spikes or crawler bits. A couple 13" fish in there too! Not too bad a day, but got crowded by "Space Invaders" later in the day... Some people have no shame. Next time, I am going to act crazy/tourettes until people leave me with a comfortable radius...

Glad you got into them Chris. Hope you sent Ma back home with a nice bag full of fillets!

Offline spot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2016, 12:19 PM »
There were ice boats and kite-skaters and regular skaters zooming everywhere. I don't think they were the reason we didn't get any bites- we should have at least gotten a perch or pumkinseed or rockbass or something like that, but they weren't helping.

I noticed there's a lot of "stuff" floating around in the water and was wondering if the fish were just not noticing our bait since they're swimming through chunks of stuff all the time.

Randy

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 23, 2016, 04:53 PM »
Glad you got into them Chris. Hope you sent Ma back home with a nice bag full of fillets!

Thanks! Yeah sent my girlfriend's mom back to Minnesota with a baggy full of beer battered fried perch fillets! This was the first time I had met her, and she gave my gf the thumbs up, I guess that means I am a decent cook!

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 23, 2016, 05:33 PM »

shoot down the hole a couple times and yell I got you that time!  that will thin them out....

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline Registered Kayak

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ..............and then there were none.
« Reply #16 on: Feb 23, 2016, 07:10 PM »
shoot down the hole a couple times and yell I got you that time!  that will thin them out....
That is hilarious!

Offline spot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:55 AM »
My day off is here and it's raining.  :'(

Randy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.