Author Topic: Ice fishing boot survey  (Read 6459 times)

Offline pamoose

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice fishing boot survey
« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2014, 05:39 AM »
I have several boots and all work well depending on the conditions. Bunny, cabelas pack boots and Baffin boots. I tend to wear the baffins more often though.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #31 on: Jan 25, 2014, 06:41 AM »
bunny boots for me. Besides being everything everyone has mentioned about them, they are cheap.

WS

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 26, 2014, 10:55 PM »
Smart wool socks, then merrel winter mocs, then NEOS navigator 5 with stabilizers. Not sure about sub minus ten but at zero fine and dry when I get to truck or civilization off the neos and wear merrels. Never look back
"The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!"

Offline merk42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2014, 01:08 PM »
LaCross Ice Kings, rated for 40 below and they have breathable inserts, warmest boot I ever had, but no support. I got bad feet. Switched to Carhartts, still working out the sock routine, but great support and warm, not as warm as the LaCross Ice Kings, but I needed the support badly. Highly recommend for flat feet or bad ankles

http://www.shoebacca.com/carhartt/10-quot-waterproof-insulated-pac-boot-soft-toe-cmc1159.html

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #34 on: Jan 30, 2014, 08:31 PM »
Muck arctic pro or Micky boots. Can't go wrong either way.

Offline AK ice fisher

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 06, 2014, 04:49 AM »
My father swears by bunny boots.  I have worn Baffin boots for years and have no complaints.

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 06, 2014, 02:13 PM »
I usually wear Dunlops with bama socks down to -25C (-13F).  My feet do sweat, but the bama socks keep the moisture to the outside.  That inevitably accumulates over the course of the day, so they're not really the ticket for a multi-day trip unless you can dry them by a fire overnight.  I love the tall waterproof boot gives a feeling of impunity in overflow and when augering holes.

Beyond that I use Baffins.  I forget the particular model I have but they're great, if heavy.

Offline ice warrior

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:57 PM »
     Bunny boots work great even when my feet swett there still warm get the ones that are stamped bata on the sole those are the best and real mckoy allso iagree with the other guys it makes a big difference with right socks @)

Offline Salmonman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 12, 2014, 06:31 PM »
Arctic Sport Muck boots work great. They are pretty tall so you will never have an issue with overflow. I wear them in the summer time when its cold out on the ocean also. They are so comfortable I can wear them like Tennis shoes for a week straight. Arctic Pro Mucks are good also, if your going to be in 30-50 below I would get them. They are more bulky and not as comfortable though.

Offline firstcast2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 12, 2014, 06:34 PM »
I use mickey boots keep my feet warm and dry all day on the ice

Offline firstcast2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 12, 2014, 06:39 PM »
Bunny boots!! Warm!!

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Feb 12, 2014, 06:49 PM »
I got frostbite on my toes in my late teens and keeping my feet warm for the past 30+ years has been a challenge ever since.  I have a pair of Mickey Mouse boots (that are well over 20 years old) and a newer pair of Baffins.  Both are very warm but I'd have to go with the Mickeys.  They're heavier, but they're also 100% water proof and I'm pretty sure my Baffins aren't going to last 10 years let alone 20+.  I have to say the Baffins are surprisingly warm, but I bought a snowmobile style boot with the nylon uppers so they're really not waterproof above the lower rubber shoe part.  When the ice gets slushy, I get wet feet.  I think they make full waterproof ones, but I'm not sure.  No other boot I've tried has come close to keeping my feet warm like these two brands/style.  All that being said, my next pair will be Mickeys again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.