Author Topic: Moore Dam Littleton NH  (Read 3241 times)

Offline PIKE426

• IceShanty Rookie
Moore Dam Littleton NH
« on: Jan 15, 2018, 03:08 PM »
Any help finding access point to ice fish Moore Dam in NH thank you

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Re: Moore Dam Littleton NH
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2018, 03:57 PM »
Might want to ask this question on the NH. Forum
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2018, 04:13 PM »
There are a couple public boat launch sites on both the VT side and the NH side -- can access from these points...

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2018, 05:07 PM »
Old Waterford Rd. in Littleton would be your best bet,always plowed out w/in 100 yards of the ice. If you are on foot try the cove to the left as you head on. if you have a wheeler/snowmachine you can go anywhere if they don't hold the water back at the dam . If they hold the water back you will not get on the ice easily!

Offline PIKE426

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2018, 08:27 PM »
Thank you

Offline taggin out

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2018, 05:16 AM »
How did the edges hold up after all this rain?

Offline PIKE426

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2018, 07:17 AM »
Hope OK headed up Saturday

Offline codtongue

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2018, 09:05 AM »
there's a nice ramp with good parking out behind Littleton hospital, you'll see the signs on the st. johnsbury rd. just before the hospital. there is also parking near the dam, but I'm not sure if there is access there for ice fishing. there are a lot of boat ramps on that water.

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2018, 12:36 PM »
I think the Old Waterford Rd launch ('Nockies') mentioned earlier would be your best bet for easy access/parking and access to decent hardwater fishing areas...!

Offline McGrath

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SHINERS FOR SALE
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2018, 06:37 PM »
On sunday, it was impossible to get onto moore because the water came up and the shores were junk. I heard 30 feet of open water at Perkins. There was 10 to 15 at Waterford on saturday. I drove by yesterday by two bodies ( a section of moore) It was filled to the banks and the shore looked sketchy at best. Mostly pieces frozen together. I didnt even bother getting out of my truck and headed some were else.  I would assume it should be ok by the weekend. Last year I had fun adventure driving my side by side on when the shore looked good, but was a bunch of pieces frozen back  together covered in snow.  We got a little wet but was able to drive out of it  so I tend to  be wary.

Good Luck.
-Chris

Offline PIKE426

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2018, 07:00 AM »
Thank you! will give it a little more time

Offline McGrath

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SHINERS FOR SALE
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2018, 05:02 PM »
Just talked to a guy who checked it and will be fishing Moore tomorrow. Always check the shores, the water level is always changing.

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2018, 05:29 PM »
 :tipup: :tipup:  Fisherman on the ice at Nockey's Landing yesterday.  Shoreline looked OK.
Rain coming Tuesday might change shoreline?
Dick

Offline PIKE426

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2018, 07:30 AM »
Any updates after this rain access Moore Dam I'm
2 hours away. Anyone sell Suckers up that way. Thank you in advance

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:10 PM »
Edges should freeze up with two nights below zero, never know about that water body though. Waynos bait in Littleton may have suckers,if not he always has large goldens for pike,give him a call.

Offline McGrath

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SHINERS FOR SALE
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2018, 07:59 PM »
I am located in Bethlehem, and got suckers. 6in plus. Should have plenty in the 8in range. All suckers 1.50 piece   Also have jumbo shiners. Most around 6in buck a piece. More large(pike) shiners coming in Friday at 6.00 a dz. .  I haven't had a chance to check Moore since the rain, but they didn't move much water today, (I check daily on line) so I assume it is filling back up. 

Good luck fishing,

Chris

Offline WhiteMTfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 25, 2018, 06:44 AM »
I am located in Bethlehem, and got suckers. 6in plus. Should have plenty in the 8in range. All suckers 1.50 piece   Also have jumbo shiners. Most around 6in buck a piece. More large(pike) shiners coming in Friday at 6.00 a dz. .  I haven't had a chance to check Moore since the rain, but they didn't move much water today, (I check daily on line) so I assume it is filling back up. 

Good luck fishing,

Chris

Do you have any medium shiners in yet?

Offline McGrath

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SHINERS FOR SALE
« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2018, 03:44 PM »
White mt, I will have more mediums mid day Friday. Bait is in by 1 most Fridays. I ordered twice as much as last week. My cell is 991 3265 if you ever need me and I try to keep my facebook page up to date on bait on hand.

-Chris

Offline PIKE426

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2018, 08:07 AM »
I know dumb question headed blindly to Moore Dam waterford access . On foot cove to the left how far out and distance to left.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2018, 04:17 PM »
I know dumb question headed blindly to Moore Dam waterford access . On foot cove to the left how far out and distance to left.

From the parking lot to the water is less than 100 yards.The far shore of the cove will be 300-400 yards away. Try to set up on that far shore,there is a brook that runs in onto the cove on the right hand side as you look at it while on the water,just a heads up. There have been 20 +  pound pike caught in that cove but it has been a few years. Good luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.