Author Topic: New Flasher - Marcum M1  (Read 1001 times)

Offline ice_capades

• IceShanty Rookie
New Flasher - Marcum M1
« on: Feb 04, 2019, 08:12 AM »
Hi.  I just wanted to share my experience after using the Marcum M1 for a day.   

In the past, I would borrow a friends Vexilar FL18 but I got tired of not having one of my own.   I looked at the Humminbird Ice 35, the Vexilar FL8, and Marcum M1.   I decided on the M1 for the following reasons. 
1.  Is strange as it sounds, the little arm that holds the transducer was a big deal for me.   I never liked the floating transducers
2.  The unit seemed pretty straight forward to use
3.  It came with a soft case. 
4.  I never used nor did I know anyone with a Marcum so I wanted to check it out.

My daughter used the Vexilar yesterday while I tested out the new Marcum.  Both units worked as expected.   The colors are a bit different on the Marcum but it was very easy to see even in the bright sun.   I was only fishing in around 12 feet of water and had the gain turned to "1"   I was able to mark fish and watch my jig (1/16 oz tipped with a minnow).  I think the Marcum will be a good choice but will have to wait a few years to see how it holds up.  After one day, I think I made a good choice for my price range.  Will try to update the group as I get more time on the unit.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New Flasher - Marcum M1
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2019, 09:12 PM »
You'll like it, I had a vex 18, now have a marcum 3 and love it, they seem to be a solid machine and hold up well.

Offline my-marty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2019, 09:55 PM »
I also bought the m1 last season as my first flasher. I have never used any other unit. I like mine and it works very well for what it was designed to do. My only complaint is it not having a dual beam ducer. Whenever I am fishing deeper water in a shack with a buddy next to me and a dead stick or two in the shanty as well, I can see every lure on the flasher and it gets very cluttered. Other than that it is a very good unit. Not going to lie though, I plan on getting the ice 35 or m5 in the future.

Offline CO_Dinky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin' Lips
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2019, 01:28 AM »
Hi.  I just wanted to share my experience after using the Marcum M1 for a day.   

In the past, I would borrow a friends Vexilar FL18 but I got tired of not having one of my own.   I looked at the Humminbird Ice 35, the Vexilar FL8, and Marcum M1.   I decided on the M1 for the following reasons. 
1.  Is strange as it sounds, the little arm that holds the transducer was a big deal for me.   I never liked the floating transducers
2.  The unit seemed pretty straight forward to use
3.  It came with a soft case. 
4.  I never used nor did I know anyone with a Marcum so I wanted to check it out.

My daughter used the Vexilar yesterday while I tested out the new Marcum.  Both units worked as expected.   The colors are a bit different on the Marcum but it was very easy to see even in the bright sun.   I was only fishing in around 12 feet of water and had the gain turned to "1"   I was able to mark fish and watch my jig (1/16 oz tipped with a minnow).  I think the Marcum will be a good choice but will have to wait a few years to see how it holds up.  After one day, I think I made a good choice for my price range.  Will try to update the group as I get more time on the unit.

The Vexilar units also have an "arm" attachment to hold the transducer if you want, you just didn't know it. ;)
Tight lines!

Offline ice_capades

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2019, 08:28 PM »
Good to know.   I was looking at the fl8 blue packs and non of them had the arm.  I must have been looking in the wrong place.   I know the Fl18 has the arm but it was out of my budget.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.