Author Topic: Marcum non warranty repair  (Read 1831 times)

Offline 450foreman04

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum non warranty repair
« on: Jan 05, 2018, 03:42 PM »
Just thought I'd share a good experience I had with Marcum.  I had a cut transducer cable (my own fault).  A new one was at least $120.  Marcum has a flat rate repair service.  For my unit (showdown troller) the flat rate is $65 plus shipping (there and back).  So for like $85 I sent it in thinking I'd save at least $25.  Well, turns out they found things I didn't even know were bad.  Here is what they sent on the work order for my unit:  "Replaced ducer with new insulated cable. Replaced membrane overlay, adhesive failed and buttons corroded. Replaced cracked front plastic case."  I seriously sent it in just to get the transducer cable fixed but got a bunch of other things I was unaware of taken care of too.  Not only did I save the $25 off a new transducer, but after their inspection and repairs I am sure the unit will last me a lot longer!  I sent it in over the holidays but it was still done in a couple of weeks- probably only a little over a week of actual business days.  These days customer service is pretty poor so to find a company with such good customer service is refreshing! 

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Marcum non warranty repair
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2018, 12:29 AM »
they do it up! glad your happy!

i have been explaining to those who need a transducer to do what you just did. why not since they give you much more for your money and costs less.
 the dual beam transducer for the lx 5/6/7/9 is now 160$ and the flat rate on the digitals is 125$. big savings and you get more and they are out of stock in most places.

Offline dekatronic

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Marcum non warranty repair
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2018, 02:19 AM »
Good to hear a positive customer service story. I also have a Showdown and I really love the thing. Even though I take good care of it, regular wear and tear happens and I'll eventually need to send it in. When that time comes it's great to know I'll be taken care of

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.