Author Topic: Huge fish!  (Read 2350 times)

Offline #1fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Huge fish!
« on: Dec 09, 2010, 08:21 AM »
It's like the birthday card that promises nude photos (sorry for the deception) but what I'd really like to say is Please, Please don't litter our lakes! I have picked up someone else's garbage off of two foothills lakes so far and everywhere I  go and I go North to South in this Province there is garbage on the lakes. Whatever the container, bait bag, Tim's cup, water bottle, it was heavier when you brought it than when you are leaving, for heavens sake just keep it in your vehicle or sled and dispose of it in a garbage can it will only take 1 minute out of your day and if you can sit for 6-8 hours waiting for a bite you can sure as heck take one minute to properly dispose of YOUR GARBAGE!!!
Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.
Clark Gable

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
Re: Huge fish!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2010, 08:25 AM »
I'm with you on that!
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline Wild-man

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2010, 10:03 AM »
i see stuff that would enrage you every year!!!!!!!
i like to think the carma is keeping tabs as well...... >:(
Never Met a Fish I Didn't Like...

Offline IceAnvil

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Gone Fishing"
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2010, 10:11 AM »
Not always do I have to pick up Garbage when I go out fishing, but most times yes.

I always keep a few bags in the truck, and some gloves to pick up trash. I also go as far as separating it once I get home into recyclables and what not.

~Gone Fishing~

Offline nicemustang

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2010, 10:54 AM »
And please don't burn down or vandalize people's shacks. Happens every year.

Offline #1fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2010, 02:36 PM »
158 people on this site read this and only 5 commented on something that affects us all...must have been 153 litterbugs recognizing themselves and throwing this discussion away like their garbage. I never knew people were burning down shanties?  >:(that is despicable!! arson is punishable with jail time hope the culprits get caught!
Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.
Clark Gable

Offline Scuba09D8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2010, 02:38 PM »
I second the request or sixth it i guess,  i'm tired of picking up 1# propane bottles of the lakes.. Pack out what you Pack in...

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2010, 02:41 PM »
You guys can leave more jigs and rods on the ice. I don't mind picking up your garbage when you leave some good stuff.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline perchfinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2010, 11:47 PM »
158 people on this site read this and only 5 commented on something that affects us all...must have been 153 litterbugs recognizing themselves and throwing this discussion away like their garbage. I never knew people were burning down shanties?  >:(that is despicable!! arson is punishable with jail time hope the culprits get caught!

i dont think the 153 people are the litter bugs; just seems pointless if everyone complained; 99% of us like a clean lake to fish on    :o

Offline Kim

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy,fishy I'm not stuck! Just need traction
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2010, 06:57 AM »

i dont think the 153 people are the litter bugs; just seems pointless if everyone complained; 99% of us like a clean lake to fish on    :o

Chances are its the other 10,000 people that are not members of shanty. They dont read this and dont care. Not true sportsman and sportswomen.
Gonna get me a 16" Perch this year.

Offline stiknfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2010, 11:24 AM »
 So because people dont respond to your misleading title we are all guilty of littering??Get over yourself.

Offline agentmm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2010, 11:16 AM »
So because people dont respond to your misleading title we are all guilty of littering??Get over yourself.

Second that ^
What a way to get me to reply.

Garbage is a huge problem...but the people who are littering don't give one fly on a pile of moldy cheese (keepin it clean) about your post or littering in the first place...so you're just preachin to the choir. The same way Everest is littered with O2 tanks, we have to deal with 1 lb propane tanks. The solution is to ban propane cylinders out on the ice...and tim's cups...and everything else, which isn't going to happen. So as the responsible individual that everyone claims they are, let's pick up the garbage and move on. If this board is any indication, we have 10 times the responsible fishermen that we do irresponsible so a few cups and cylinders shouldn't be a big problem.

Offline IceAnvil

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Gone Fishing"
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2010, 11:24 AM »
Like I have said before...

Yes I hate the garbage as much as the next guy. Especially on the Ice or when shore fishing.
Even though I didn't put it there myself, I have no problem picking it up, Why cause I know that there will be that much less trash on the lake floor come thaw.

Not everyone cares about the quality of our waters, but those who do are less likely to litter, and pitch in.

Sure seems unfair that you might have to pick up someone else, trash time to time, but it's worth the effort.
Take pride in the fact that even on a small scale you are not contributing to the problem, but helping one piece of garbage at a time.

~Gone Fishing~

Offline nhfisha17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2010, 11:33 AM »
Butts, Butts, and more butts....every time i go out i see more cig butts..if ppl only knew that these butts float around the lake when the ice thaws..quite gross when you are swimming and along comes a floating cig filter..
[img]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/mrkcrne05/Icce%20Fishing/TEAMNH3.png[img]

Offline oldtrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Tight Lines"
« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2010, 12:10 PM »
Butts, Butts, and more butts....every time i go out i see more cig butts..if ppl only knew that these butts float around the lake when the ice thaws..quite gross when you are swimming and along comes a floating cig filter..
X2

Offline IceAnvil

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Gone Fishing"
« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2010, 01:23 PM »
I am a smoker, but I bring what is called the "Dumbass" Can, it is where we throw out Butt's

I suggest that every smoker that goes out on the Ice, Bring a coffee can or soup can and butt out instead of on the Ice,
I can't say that I have always Practiced this in the past, but I have woken up. A small lightweight item to bring on the Ice extra, no problem.

I should patent this Idea...lol

~Gone Fishing~

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.