Author Topic: Glo Cup  (Read 20007 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Glo Cup
« Reply #30 on: Oct 12, 2016, 01:47 PM »
Led's don't use much juice anyways. I had a vex battery hooked to two strips of led's in my shack and fished through the the night. Forgot to unplug them from the battery when I tore down. The next weekend I took my fipover shack out put it up and the LED lights were still on and running. So I'm not to concerned about the juice they use because it is pretty minimal.

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Oct 12, 2016, 06:17 PM »
anybody heard from the guy at glo cup.  i have sent him a few e mails and no response.  i wonder what s up with that?

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #32 on: Oct 12, 2016, 06:19 PM »
anybody heard from the guy at glo cup.  i have sent him a few e mails and no response.  i wonder what s up with that?

He probably doesnt monitor it very close, business most likely dies off in the warmer months.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Oct 14, 2016, 08:04 AM »
Here may be another option if some of you are having trouble reaching the guy who makes the Glo Cup.  This guy makes them to attach right to your Flasher.  He has a website with videos of the unit.  I think the cost is $39.  They can mount to either the Vexilar or the Marcum/Hummingbird units.  Pretty compact unit and can operate with your foot - watch the videos if you want.  I saw it in a Dave Gentz video, asked who the vendor was and this is the link. 

http://lurelightning.com/
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline JiggingIowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Oct 14, 2016, 08:23 AM »
Here may be another option if some of you are having trouble reaching the guy who makes the Glo Cup.  This guy makes them to attach right to your Flasher.  He has a website with videos of the unit.  I think the cost is $39.  They can mount to either the Vexilar or the Marcum/Hummingbird units.  Pretty compact unit and can operate with your foot - watch the videos if you want.  I saw it in a Dave Gentz video, asked who the vendor was and this is the link. 

http://lurelightning.com/

That's incredibly over priced in my opinion for basically just a UV light that sits on your flasher

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Oct 14, 2016, 08:39 AM »
I think I saw these at Cabelas last year for $15, the "Rapala Mini Charge 'n Glow". I wasnt sold on lights until I used my Northland UV flashlight squid fishing this summer, but the Rapala one uses a AAA battery versus running off the flasher battery and is pocket portable.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Oct 14, 2016, 08:50 AM »
That's incredibly over priced in my opinion for basically just a UV light that sits on your flasher

Yah, that's what I thought too, but thought that I would put it out there to the guys who are trying to find the Glo Cup unit.  That guy is charging $35+ for a PVC unit with LED's in it.  I will go with the UV tracking flashlight option.
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Panfisher78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Oct 14, 2016, 09:11 AM »
Not sure what's going on with the glow cups. I sent him a message on his facebook page and had my cups (bought a couple for friends) within a week.. If you look in the equipment section I posted pics of it under my Genz Box Mods thread. I'd suggest hitting him up on facebook. Ice Jager Customs is his page. Hope this helps

Offline JiggingIowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Oct 14, 2016, 01:39 PM »
Not sure what's going on with the glow cups. I sent him a message on his facebook page and had my cups (bought a couple for friends) within a week.. If you look in the equipment section I posted pics of it under my Genz Box Mods thread. I'd suggest hitting him up on facebook. Ice Jager Customs is his page. Hope this helps
How long ago was this though?

Offline Panfisher78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Oct 14, 2016, 01:51 PM »
How long ago was this though?

The end of August

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #40 on: Oct 14, 2016, 02:09 PM »
I sent a facebook message and email last week and havent heard anything.  leaning towards the rapala mini case now.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #41 on: Oct 16, 2016, 10:13 AM »
Haven't heard from him either.
also if someone wants a lure lighting I will part with mine for a reasonable price.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Oct 18, 2016, 04:54 PM »
I got his phone # if he hasn't popped in in a week or two I'll give him a call       oh it's worth waiting for

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Oct 18, 2016, 08:00 PM »
thanks old goat that would be good.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Oct 18, 2016, 08:07 PM »
I'm guessing he isn't getting rich off these, just trying to share a great setup..

Dude might be duck hunting, or who knows...

<°)))>{

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Oct 28, 2016, 05:54 PM »
called josh his answer box is full

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Nov 05, 2016, 09:08 PM »
i don't facebook but somebody that does can you check and see if he is accepting orders on his facebook page.  thanks

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Nov 06, 2016, 08:33 AM »
I always just used a flashlight, but after a little reading I take it UV lights charge glow jigs better than your typical led flashlight? ???

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Nov 06, 2016, 08:54 AM »
I always just used a flashlight, but after a little reading I take it UV lights charge glow jigs better than your typical led flashlight? ???

They make UV flashlights just for charging glow paint..

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=333393.0

<°)))>{

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Nov 06, 2016, 07:48 PM »
yep i bought one of the venom uv lights and they rock.  i was wanting to try one of these too.  might just make my own as a few have made their own.  like the idea of making my own stuff.  made a bunch of ice picks a few years ago and when i see people one the ice now without them i give them a set.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Nov 07, 2016, 12:28 PM »
If the object is to create a light for charging glow-in-the-dark lures, couldn't you create a cup lined with a reflective foil and use a LED flashlight to do the same thing?
Line a cup with aluminum or some metallic mylar foil (for a mirrored effect) and create a lid that could fit over a pocket LED flashlight to allow the light to shine directly into the cup under the cover.

Just an idea off the top of my head....
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #51 on: Nov 21, 2016, 06:41 PM »
Got a response today and got one coming in the mail......come on ice!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Nov 21, 2016, 09:23 PM »
good news

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
« Reply #53 on: Nov 22, 2016, 10:11 AM »
Got mine ordered too - and on the way! YAY - lol - was about to make my own or buy another.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #54 on: Nov 26, 2016, 11:51 PM »
Got my cup in the mail today. Kinda cool having a computer just print something. Looks like a winner. I will say the cup is a little deeper then it looks like in the pick. He's got a nice product here at a reasonable price point too. 👍 love how he made the clip too!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Nov 27, 2016, 02:04 AM »
Guy on facebook selling them for $20 the lure companies name is:  tnt jigs ... logos is a tnt jigs then a shark below shark it says fishing with dynamite..

Sorry did not read the whole thread lol's

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #56 on: Nov 27, 2016, 02:19 AM »
Hey guys this is Joe from TnT Jigs we have glow cups ready to ship. 1 foot of high quality UV led light, 1 foot of cord and alligator clips to attach them to your machine / 12v battery. $20 and free shipping in the united states. Send and email to [email protected] to place an order or check us out on facebook https://www.facebook.com/TNTJIGS269/
(Image removed from quote.)

hey joe Kinda want to order some tung. panfish jigs. are you still moving them for $1.50 yet.

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
« Reply #57 on: Nov 28, 2016, 07:10 AM »
I just ordered some from him a few weeks ago - $1.00 to a $1.50 depending on weight (want to say 4mm and up is $1.50, but could be 5mm) :)

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Dec 05, 2016, 09:49 AM »
Sorry, I haven't been around a lot lately. You can email me directly and I can send you an invoice straight from Paypal to your email.

I currently have four mounts available for my GloCups. A flush Mount, Vex Ultra/Pro pack mount, Marcum Mount, and a Hummingbird mount. I kind of got into trouble for avertising too much through the forum so if you would like any other information just send me an email or reach me on FB @icejagercustom.

Thanks,

Josh

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Dec 05, 2016, 10:04 AM »
Yes, but you can't message him on Facebook unless you have face book. Hence why I asked for the email. Cup looks nice. Does anyone know if he makes a "deeper" cup? Looked like the one in the video was fairly shallow.

My GloCup is 25mm deep. I am currently working on a dual light version with White and UV LEDs that is 35mm deep. I'm not sure when or if that will make it out to the world though. I am making it to test the idea that combination of white/UV charge faster and for longer (I don't think it will) than UV only.

I also am working on a GloWell that is twice the size of my GloCup for wiring into sleds and for use by multiple people at the same time in case you want to put it between 2-3 people in a flip over or something like that.

Thanks,
Josh

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.