Author Topic: Best Times Fishing Calender  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Best Times Fishing Calender
« on: Dec 10, 2014, 02:57 AM »
We've all heard, the best time to go fishing, is when you have time.

If a calender says " They're eatin' it up, go fishing",  would you drop all plans and go fishing?

There seem to be a few cycles of various types, on different timings, that may be natural among wild organisms and may cause them to increase certain activities at odd times during a days time.

Some folks are very aware of this phenomenon and just as many say poo poo.

Just check out this one ~ you will not be labeled.

What if it works ?

Click here

Maybe you want more, like "How it Works" ?

What & Why

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Best Times Fishing Calender
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2014, 07:21 AM »
I have used that Calendar a lot during the Summer and even in the winter. Seems to be pretty good for me.
<===Lefty===

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2014, 02:31 PM »
Thanks Lefty, nice to know.     ;)2

Has anyone noticed how a very important fishing application,   goes over like a dud-bomb ?     ???

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2014, 03:38 PM »
I don't know the answer to that but I have it on my Bookmarks and check it every time I go out to fish. HMMM.
When it say's the best fishing is between 2-4PM and I get there early I know I can wait it out. I did this once during Ice fishing a local lake. Didn't catch a thing all day and told the guy I was with I wanted to wait until 3PM. We stayed and right about 2:50 I started catching fish. He said man you were close on your prediction. I said it wasn't mine but a web site.
<===Lefty===

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2014, 03:56 PM »
Well, at least we know it works, Lefty.      ;)2

The lack of comments may be a lack of 'puter literacy.     So few know about the "right click" menu, or "open in a new tab".     It's hilarious and understandable , they can't find their way back, ha.       :roflmao:

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2014, 06:02 PM »
I've gotten into using tide tables over the past year.  I don't put much stock into an algorithm that relies on weather data, because the published weather data for my area is already pretty shoddy.  Keeping in mind that this is confirmation bias at its worst....The tidal peaks have definitely proved to be consistent producers for me in two ways:

On a slow day, the bites I do get are often corresponding to a tidal peak, basically as lefty described.  Also, when a friend is eager to move, I'll often ask him that we move prior to the tidal peak or after, so that our lines are in the water throughout the peak.

When night fishing for burbot, the tidal peak tells me how late to stay up.  If there is a high tide at midnight, I don't bother staying up after 1AM waiting for the bite to pick up.  If the high tide isn't until 2AM, I'll push-through until 2:30 or better to take advantage, and have had it 'work'.

Mostly, I just think of it as part of the fun.  I'm going to fish when I can fish, no matter what the position of the sun and moon.  I don't think that it overwrites all the daily cycles either.  Trout will still be very active just before and after dawn.  If that happens to match up with a high or low tide, there might be even more activity, and just because there isn't a high/low tide, doesn't mean the fish will ignore the dawn.

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2014, 06:07 PM »
This is what i use. Just punch your zip code in and look.I also have a Casio Fishing time watch. Program gps where you are at on the planet and its good for2024
http://www.usprimetimes.com/zip.html
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2014, 06:11 PM »
Thanks for that good one Pounding.     ;)2 :bow:

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2014, 08:34 PM »
I also go by the Moon being under foot. I think when the Moon is under foot it is the best days for fishing. Last Super moon,huge thing  it was, The wife and I caught a ton of fish bank fishing the next day.
<===Lefty===

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 01, 2015, 09:32 AM »
I get a prime times calendar every year.  Very similar to this one.  I try to pay attention to it.  It may or may not work, but hey, what if it does and Im not there.   I look at it kinda like chicken soup.   It can't hurt.   Go when you can...

Offline thorson

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2015, 03:25 PM »
I plan fishing vacations around it! Always! ;D
Life is short, fish hard!

Offline 8fly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2015, 11:33 AM »
I have been keeping an eye out on things since this was first posted and I have always been on the fence with this.

My little bit of research and notes that I have been making the last few weeks turned me from a bit of a skeptic towards thinking this is a nice tool to have...especially when I plan a long distance trip............ :tipup:

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2015, 02:59 AM »
I think timing can play a little bit of a factor in fishing.  Some species are known to feed during specific times, i.e. kokanee during the new moon or extreme low light.  But for the most part I pay more attention to under water structure, breaks and weed beds etc.  Anything that may hold fish no matter how aggressive they are suppose to be at a given day/night.  I rely more on my bathymetric maps then anything else.  My gramps always says, "Fish need to eat, if you find them you'll catch them."  It doesn't matter what the calendar says if you're fishing at a puddle in the driveway!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.