The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wow, can't wait for Saturday now.  (Read 899 times)

Offline twincities86

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Yea buddy
Wow, can't wait for Saturday now.
« on: Dec 24, 2013, 12:39 PM »
Just spoke to a family member who's friend went out to a lake in the cities who him and and a buddy just slaughtered the walleyes last night, said the bite was crazy. Saw a photo with both guys who caught there limit quick they said. So I asked my family member where at on the lake and he said find out for yourself lol. So much for fam right. I guess just knowing what  lake it  is, is good enough for me. I'm real good at finding structure and depths.

Going out Saturday morning with a buddy to whole hop since the weather will be ok. Hopefully I can get some photos if I catch anything. Sorry, can't share what lake it is, but it's in the cities. Just thought I would share this useless info. Just surprise to here a metro lake has walleye biting.
KCCO

Offline gofish22

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wow, can't wait for Saturday now.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2013, 12:53 PM »
Haha I was driving by a smaller metro lake yesterday and saw a group of 4 kids out fishing. Two of them were pulling decent walleyes out of the ice at the same time as I drove by. I made sure to note the lake. I couldn't believe it though.

Offline twincities86

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Yea buddy
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2013, 12:55 PM »
What lake
KCCO

Offline gofish22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2013, 05:55 PM »
I actually haven't found a name for it yet. It is down outside of Norwood on the lower west side. I will go out there soon and let you know how it goes.

Offline E Z turn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2013, 11:02 AM »
About 4 years ago I started fishing a lake that for the first 3 years absolutely spoiled me for winter and summer fishing. Beautiful Walleyes and Crappies. Then a local sportswriter wrote his Sunday a column on the lake saying what great fishing.
You guessed it . That very next weekend the pressure was on and fishing has declined steadily since.
Lesson learned.
Oops! is too late.

Offline twincities86

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Yea buddy
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2013, 05:17 PM »
About 4 years ago I started fishing a lake that for the first 3 years absolutely spoiled me for winter and summer fishing. Beautiful Walleyes and Crappies. Then a local sportswriter wrote his Sunday a column on the lake saying what great fishing.
You guessed it . That very next weekend the pressure was on and fishing has declined steadily since.
Lesson learned.
[/quot

That really sucks. You should have wrote him and told him thanks @@s whole for ruining a lake.

Or or, make up a small dumb lake near by and tell the writer about how much fish your catching. See if he does write about it and if people go. I see your from the iron range way up north, so I would assume word would get out pretty easily.
KCCO

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2013, 10:15 PM »
There's a ton of " lake x's" in Minnesota use one of them but never give out the true name or it will be out fished within a year.
Hard Ice

Offline Tikkaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2013, 10:27 PM »
Still waiting for what lake......  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.