The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: **Finally catching Northerns in Lake Odowd's in Shakopee  (Read 2659 times)

Offline LoWbLaZaH

• IceShanty Rookie
Ok....been out there fishing non-stop the last two weekends in a row. Had tip-ups in multiple locations....multiple depths...

Can't seem to catch any northerns, anybody catchin northerns out of this lake? I saw a guy pull one up two weeks ago....haven't seen diddly since....

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Northerns in Lake Odowd's in Shakopee
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2005, 08:53 AM »
One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Looks like it is time to pack up and find a different spot.

Are you using electronics like a Vexilar or a Marcum? Are you sure there are fish down there and you just can't get a bite?

Offline LoWbLaZaH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2005, 09:08 AM »
thats my next plan of attack....aquavision and a vexlar.

I did have a buddy drop his aqua vision down his hole about 10 yrds away and had a big northern swim over and check out the camera part. So I know theey are in there.....just can't seem to catch them.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2005, 08:41 AM »
Try jigging with a jigging rapala.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2005, 02:40 AM »
Where have you been fishing?  I've fished it a little in the summer for bass and had quite a few decent pike hit my spinnerbaits & worms.  One guy came into Gander & said he gets nice pike through the ice there, but he wouldn't say where.    ;)

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline LoWbLaZaH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Got two this weekend...finally. Only funny thing is we got them in our ice house which is in the deeper water where we fish for crappies.

Crappies weren't biting, so I threw a fathead minnow on. 30 mins later we had our first 3lb'er!! Put some tip-ups out and got another.

No big ones so we threw them back, but at least we are getting action! yee haw!!

Offline captcourageous

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: **Finally catching Northerns in Lake Odowd's in Shakopee
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2005, 10:32 PM »
Try the northeast corner in shallow water, 5-7 feet.  Have done some spearing out there and seen plenty along with a 40" musky.  The northerns are hitting on shiners or fatheads late afternoon and even late at night on tip-ups.  Good luck!

Offline LoWbLaZaH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2005, 11:06 AM »
Wow...your kidding??? you saw a 40" muskie in Odowd's? The DNR isn't even reporting Muskie in that lake.

So you're talking about the northest corner where there aren't any shantys right?

Offline captcourageous

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2005, 08:55 PM »
Yep, from the access straight through the first channel and on the opposite shore (east shore), maybe a few hundred yards north from there there is a few houses last time I was out, but not many.  They have caught some really nice walleyes there too.  The musky was no joke and suprised the heck out of me.  I almost speared it, but something didn't look quite right.  It was the biggest fish I had seen come through a spearing hole.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.