Author Topic: White bass  (Read 1850 times)

Offline zaraspooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • on top rocks
White bass
« on: Mar 06, 2008, 12:37 PM »
I found out my grandmother loves white bass and I figure most guys dont harvest them or fish for them...but I was wondering what lakes/areas on the chain would be the best producers.  I dont have a vex unfortunately..... Do I have a shot or no?  Thanks in advance... Anyone wants to get out I am available Saturday after 11 am.....a little late ice action.......Takers?

Offline GWK

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: White bass
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2008, 03:38 PM »
In my opinion I would say lake marie would be the best lake for white bass. a small swedish pimple was working great in january/February. we were catching them in 17-22 ft of water .

Offline iceman79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2008, 11:21 AM »
fox lake is good for them to bout 40 to 50 yards from mineola bay. i live in fox lake and i have done there good among other lakes for a variety of fish. but i agree a swedish pimple the one with green on it i do best on and tip each treble wit a spike n bounce off bottom lift a little n pause if nothing keepin goin. hope this helps

Offline Ed_r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2008, 01:51 PM »
Mineola bay is supposed to be real good. Pistakee gives up some good numbers of whites, When I first got out many years ago I slammed Whites and Yellows on Channel. Also try a larger perch/eye size jig with a wiggler on it. Pretty much any lake on the chain with a descent basin will hold allot of whites.

Hardest part of ice fishing the chain is getting access. Usually the productive spots are on the opposite side of the lake from where you can access it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.