Author Topic: Where to go C. IL and S. IL  (Read 704 times)

Offline claypool20

• IceShanty Rookie
Where to go C. IL and S. IL
« on: Nov 25, 2014, 06:09 AM »
Hello,

Looking to get back into ice fishing after the long cold winter last year.  Grew up in C. IL and have ice fished Shelbyville, Mill Creek, Lincoln Trail, Walnut Point and numerous private/farm ponds.  I now live in the St. Louis area and was wondering where people most ice fish around here.  Don't mind traveling a couple of hours North if necessary.  What are my best options?

thanks,
LC

Offline VanderLaan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Where to go C. IL and S. IL
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2014, 02:10 PM »
"A couple of hours north" covers a lot of territory.  I would suggest that you take a look at the lakes and ponds at the state parks and FWAs.  JEPC, Banner Marsh, Siloam Springs and Beaver Dam all come to mind.  You could also target the Missississipi and Illinois River backwaters.   http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt/parks/r4/region4.htm
The test of man is not how how far he will go to win, but how far he will go when he has already lost.

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2014, 08:17 PM »
Dont forget about google earth. It can be used to just cruse around looking for new waters and area's to fish...
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2014, 01:32 PM »
PM Sent Clay! Welcome to the marginal ice belt, of which, I am a member as well :-(

ratsotail

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2014, 02:27 PM »
Morrison Rockwood State Park.  Shabbona state park. Mississippi River. I fish mostly at Rockwood and a private pond I have access to.
jbird68

Offline claypool20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2014, 03:42 PM »
Ratsotail,

Got your PM.  Thanks for response.  I will have to give that a whirl.  For some reason i couldn't respond back.

later-
Clay

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.