Author Topic: whats the ice ganna do?  (Read 804 times)

Offline Soozookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Plastics!
whats the ice ganna do?
« on: Dec 25, 2009, 10:00 AM »
We had plenty 4-5 in my area at most ponds and smaller lakes.  But for 2 days been relitively warm, and 2 plus inches of rain. Just wonderin if its safe to fish?  Dont want to take any chances today or tommarrow i think. Weather looks like its back to normal by mon. cold and good lows everynight so she should freeze back up tight. Just wonderin if anyones been fishing this sloppy ice :o

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: whats the ice ganna do?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2009, 10:07 AM »
We had plenty 4-5 in my area at most ponds and smaller lakes.  But for 2 days been relitively warm, and 2 plus inches of rain. Just wonderin if its safe to fish?  Dont want to take any chances today or tommarrow i think. Weather looks like its back to normal by mon. cold and good lows everynight so she should freeze back up tight. Just wonderin if anyones been fishing this sloppy ice :o

I don`t know what part of the state your in, but I would use a spud bar to check it for sure.

Bob

Offline Soozookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Plastics!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2009, 06:07 PM »
Im from LaSalle Peru, its like hour and half south west of chicago

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2009, 08:17 PM »
might go and check the hennipen canal sun.  Hopefully going to buy a 1 man flip over tomorrow as the christmas gift from the wife.
<br />

Offline hoffmann35

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2009, 11:13 PM »
drove through lasalle around noon today. came in across the river on 351. the backwater sloughs off the river were iced up but couldn't see much but lots of water on top. hopefully this cold spell will freeze up whatever we lost.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.