Author Topic: You guys may hate me  (Read 1477 times)

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
You guys may hate me
« on: Jan 05, 2019, 09:51 AM »
I was hesitant to even post this but every forum needs a villain I guess. Fished the chain this morning. Scouted it yesterday. Found a spot with 4" of ice. I decided not to invite anyone due to the ice conditions being what they are. I also decided to be off the ice by 9am. Ended up with 48 keepers in 2 hours. By the time I had finished the entire ice sheet moved 2 feet. I'm done on the ice in illinois until we get some cold weather to firm it back up.

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: You guys may hate me
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2019, 10:26 AM »
 :%$#!: :%$#!:

Offline Capn Ez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2019, 01:21 PM »
Neatly done, sir.
My mission is goin' fishin'.

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2019, 05:16 PM »
That same spot, the ice is now shot. Went back out to do some testing in shallow water after auger issues this morning. Could hardly get back on the ice. If I didnt have 16" boots on I'd have had wet socks. That's with a 16ft plank to get on the ice sheet

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2019, 04:58 PM »
Looks like if the ice sheet can make it through the next 48 hours without disappearing completely there may be a very slim chance to get on the ice again by next weekend. It was around 29 degrees at 4am when we were setting decoys for our goose hunt today so that stopped some of the loss. By Tuesday night its lows in the teens highs in the 20s followed by 20s and 30s if the forecast holds true. Going to come down to the rain tomorrow. Hope it swings one direction or the other. Keep your fingers crossed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.