Author Topic: Tasted my first burbot last week....gotta catch more!  (Read 3253 times)

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
so last weekend some pals and i shot up to lake louise from anchorage, for those not from here its about 3.5 hours northeast of anchorage alaska...it is a beautiful, giant lake and it was all our first time there...we fished all day saturday and all we caught was my 25" laker...we ate him for dinner.....sunday we were joined by 3 more buddies...the 6 of us fished for hours in a whiteout snowstorm in 20-45' of water, using everything from spoons to whole herring....we all lost biguns...seems like you set the hook, then your pullin them up and then suddenly there gone....cant figure it out cuz we were using treble hooks lol....anyway two guys caught big burbot....28" and 31"....we didnt land anything else...we boiled them back at base camp in half water half 7up soda and dipped them in melted butter......best fish ive ever eaten....no joke....and ive eaten just about every kind of fish you can find in alaska waters, fresh and salt! it reminded me of crab or lobster....anyone on here fish lake louise or any lakes in the upper copper river region? are there any good burbot lakes closer to anchorage or the valley? id like some tips for keepin them on my line....thanks in advance
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.